Bobbie pires

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
jacko-arsnl

Bobbie pires

Post by jacko-arsnl »

Last year on my holiday i saw Cadiz play Villareal and Bobbie was playing after 30 mins he came off injured with a ruptured knee. Ive tryed to keep my eye on him but i havnt heard anything about himfr a while now.
Does anyone know if he is still playing because we need a new pires he was great for us. he set goals up and scored 15 a season the man was magic. does anyone think he could finish his last year off at arsenal teaching the youngsters and maybe playing the odd game

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

I think he played a dozen games or so and scored 2 or 3!

As for him coming back I think we would seem pretty desperate doing that!

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

i caught his first start for villarreal after his comeback in april on sky sports and he scored a typical bobby goal. it almost brought a tear to my eyes. the movement, the intelligence, the duckwalk. it was all there. we let him go too early really. but i guess his wages would have meant we would not have signed rosicky, who we all hope will give us more in the long run than bobby could have given as a sometime selection for two seasons.

Only One Tony Adams

Post by Only One Tony Adams »

i loved that duckwalk............Bobby was the man. :) :)

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Stiil a great memory all the players bowing to Bobby when he was getting his medal!

DDignam

Post by DDignam »

think AW done a good deal there, i imagnine bobbie having a season similar to freddies this year.

I have to say i never thjough overmars was replacable and along came super bob. I argue with the old man at leats once a month about who was better.

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

He scored when Barca lost to Vilarreal :)

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

thereby ultimately costing barca the spanish title :lol: funny how football works that way. remember pascal cygan playing that night too.

proudtosaythatname

Post by proudtosaythatname »

had Barca won La Liga TH might not have gone...