Nicholas Anelka and the future of Arsene Wenger.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ben-gooner14

Nicholas Anelka and the future of Arsene Wenger.

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

With Arsene keeping his cards close to his chest about who is going to be the replacement to Thierry Henry, but what is for sure he has got a replacement as it seems that he has sorted that out before tranfering Henry, it seems this will be Nicholas Anelka and i have a feeling this might be announced at the end of this week. As Mr Wenger is going to have a meeting with Mr Hill-Wood and Kieth Eldeman sometime this week about signing a new 4 year contract to keep Mr Wenger at the emirates to 2011 and also the transfer of Anelka. Hopefully more information either at the end of this week or the start of next week.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Where do you get these nuggets of info from?

we_are_the_arsenal

Post by we_are_the_arsenal »

I can't see him coming out anytime soon saying that he will sign a new contract given that henry stated that one of the reasons he has left was cos wenger has commited to a new contract. Wenger wouldnt do that to henry.

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

I got it from the Sunday mirror, I don't know if you have read it but it's got two pages about Thierry Henry, back page about Arsene Wenger and Nicholas Anelka and a column about u21 player and giles grimandi.

I Hate Hleb

BAD NEWS???

Post by I Hate Hleb »

YOUNG BEN_GOONER 14.

HERE IS A LITTLE BIT OF ADVICE THAT WILL HELP YOU TO AVOID FUTURE DISAPPOINTMENTS AND HOPEFULLY SERVE YOU WELL THROUGH-OUT THE REMAINING YEARS OF YOUR LIFE:

DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU EVER READ IN THE NEWSPAPERS.

THE ONLY TIME YOU CAN KNOW FOR CERTAIN THAT THEY ARE TELLING THE TRUTH IS NORMALLY WHEN THEY REPORT THINGS AFTER THEY HAVE HAPPENED. EVEN THEN I WOULD SEEK CONFIRMATION ELSEWHERE JUST TO BE SURE!!

TRUST ME. THEY ARE MAINLY A BUNCH OF LYING SCUM - BIT LIKE PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLERS REALLY! :wink:
Last edited by I Hate Hleb on Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DDignam

Post by DDignam »

its a strange old game, could be AW saying hw would not quit to get henrys real intentions and see if he does want to play for arsenal. Would be happy to see anelka back and AW sign a new deal, would put us in a far stronger position than were a week ago in my opinion

I do think anelka will sign but dont really think we will know about AW untill the end of next seaon, hope in wrong though

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

I thought it could be true as it wasn't from the sun/news of the world. Basically don't believe anything unless confirmation from club or more reliable sources.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Mirror is practically a Sun wannabe which possibly makes it even worse.

The best piece I have read today regarding us was in the Mail (Shock horror) which seemed to stress the positives of TH leaving rather than the demise of Arsenal as everyone else is reporting.

ps, I didn't buy the mail, read it whilst visiting folks, i'm not that unpatriotic!

I Hate Hleb

DON'T TRUST ANYBODY!!

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Ben-gooner14 wrote:I thought it could be true as it wasn't from the sun/news of the world. Basically don't believe anything unless confirmation from club or more reliable sources.
EVEN THEN, I WOULDN'T BE CERTAIN I COULD TRUST THE CLUB!! :wink: