Mexican Wonderkid

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Mexican Wonderkid

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I read a year or so ago that we had signed Carlos Vela, an U19 Mexican superstar of the fututre. The last I heard, he had gone on-loan to Salamanca in Spain in order to help with EU Visa rules. Now, he's coming back to North London and into the first-team squad.

Are there any Spanish Gooner spies out there that can tell me more about his performances? At the time of signing him, we were told he was the next big thing and I wonder whether he has shown Arsenal-quality form as he's got older.

T.S

Post by T.S »

Well, my good mate Wikipedia tells me that he made 31 appearances for Salamanca and scored 8 times (two of which you can see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcdcDKSMRAg). He scored 6 in his first 10 games and I think he was considered a success. However, whether he can adapt to English football, I'm not convinced. He's only a matter of days older than Theo!

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

There is a thread on the General Discussion Index (on the 4th page) about the striker called "Is Carlos Vera The Solution?". I suggest you look on there. :roll: :wink:
Last edited by Eboue Can't Defend on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T.S

Post by T.S »

Eboue Can't Defend wrote:There is a thread on the General Discussion Index about the striker called "Is Carlos Vera The Solution?". I suggest you look on there. :roll: :wink:
Actually, I think you'll find it's 'General Chat' as opposed to 'General Discussion' :shock:

Rubbish, I know. Sorry.

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

First prize goes to Tony Saunders for spotting the deliberate spelling mistake! :oops: :lol: (you did spot it, didn't you?)

It is of course Vela not Vera. She plays for the Corrie Street 11! :wink:

However, because he chose to be pedantic over the word discussion, he has now been stripped of that prize!! :(
Last edited by Eboue Can't Defend on Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T.S

Post by T.S »

Eboue Can't Defend wrote:First prize goes to Tony Saunders for spotting the deliberate spelling mistake! :oops: :lol:

It is of course Vela not Vera. She plays for the Corrie Street 11! :wink:

However, because he chose to be pedantic over the word discussion, he has now been stripped of that prize!! :(
Now I know how Juventus felt.

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI9ByiiA894
Just seen this one on youtube he looks deadly!! but so did Aliadaire