Forlan linked with Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ben-gooner14

Forlan linked with Arsenal

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

According to sky sports, Arsenal have been one of the clubs linked with him. Villareal turned away an offer last week for £11.5 million, because they are not willing to budge from thier estimate of £15.5 million. Forlan scored 19 goals last season for villareal and has been linked with other clubs like, liverpool, Valencia and athelitco madrid. But im not convinced he ould make it off in england as he didn't have a very productive time at Manchester United.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

We will be linked with any striker going at the moment!

Brace yourself for a " Arsenal swoop for Fashanu" headline!

And thats Justin not John!

T.S

Post by T.S »

Afternoon Ben. Always a pleasure. As for Forlan, I think he's grown as a player and I think he could do well in our side - I wouldn't like to see us resort to signing him though.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

I just don"t know why we didn"t try and force Barca"s hand when we sold Henry.We should have said you can have Henry but we want Eto"o in return and we will give you £10 million.we seemed to be happy just to get the £16 million and put it in the bank(fat lot of good it is there)To replace Henry we need world class players like Eto"o not the likes of Forlan who failed at Manure who create loads of chances like us.

DDignam

Post by DDignam »

Have to agree with donaldo, Forlan is a big risk to take, he has failed in England before and doing well in teh spanish league does not convince me he is now going to be able to do it here.

My evidence is Cygan, playing great in spain now, would he be united replacment for rio, i think not and we would laugh our asses off if they did :)

For me Anelka would be great, as would Torres or Eto (cant see an Eto move, would surely have been done in the Henry deal)

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

I like Torres but not sure he justifies the price tag.

Forlan could come good particularly as he will have a point to prove to the mancs.

Cygan to replace Rio is genius. Then Stepanovs to replace Vidic and the master plan takes shape!

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

Forlan could come good particularly as he will have a point to prove to the mancs.
I think Anelka came to england to prove a point as well, a lot of people said he will never be as good as he was and he scored 10 at bolton, which is hard to do at a new club. I think he proved his point and we should ignore the past and sign him (we don't really have to cheer for him though).

demzy

Post by demzy »

forlan has improved, but we cant be havin a manure reject now can we.

the_gooner89

haha

Post by the_gooner89 »

yeah lets get forlan and fuck up all our hopes of winning a trophy again, cant even beleive people beleive this shite. Wenger wont sign big this season and now henry has gone big names wont be attracted as much. wouldnt mind a bit of torres, villa, babel though but yet again, just speculation.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

I wasn't saying we should sign Forlan, just feel he is an improved player and won't be totally against him if we did.

But as I have stated elsewhere there are players i'd rather sign.

Leigh On Eea Gooner

Post by Leigh On Eea Gooner »

I can't believe people are even discussing this subject ... He's rubbish !!

Leigh On Eea Gooner

Post by Leigh On Eea Gooner »

Season tickets back if we sign Forlan as replacement for henry I'm afraid ..

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

I agree with all the fans that are saying that forlan is shit. We can't take risk, if we are to bring a striker.

azz91

Post by azz91 »

forlan is not good enough to wear an arsenal shirt - even a replica one when he is at home :!: