Bakari Sagna looks like he is coming to Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ben-gooner14

Bakari Sagna looks like he is coming to Arsenal

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

The Arsenal part on the sky ports website has been talking about arsenal being interested in thisw player for the last couple of weeks and by what's on thier today he seems very interested to come. Sagna is a right back who has been playing for Auxerre. Auxerre says that he has less than 50% cent chance of leaving the club, but sagna wants the club to pave the way to join Arsenal. He has not yet talked to Arsenal yet but he has talked to Abou Diaby when he was playing for France and Diaby has said that he would improve as a player at Arsenal. He sounds a very confident 24 year old man and see's it as a challenge to come and play in the premiership. Babel has told sky sports that he will come to Arsenal some time in his career but said it dosn't look like it will be this summer. Also Ex Arsenal striker Alan Smith has said that he would like to see Owen in an Arsenal shirt but wouldn't see him starting every week as Arsene would like to try out different partnerships.

daz10_uk

Post by daz10_uk »

Not sure if we need a right back i think Eboue is class and Hoyte can fill in there too. As for Owen he is so injury prone i think we could do better.....

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

From what i heard Sagna is like a Gallas, he can play anywhere on the defence and than some.
As for Owen, i don't really think he's gonna get to his best again, do we want that kind of player? He's so prone to injuries and that is the last thing we'll need in a team that injuries are her second nature already.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Didnt Auxerre say they are far from reaching an agreement with Arsenal? I wont mind us getting him, Eboue has been suspect defensively last season and i dont really yet trust Hoyte in big matches though hes probably the best second choice right back in the league.

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

They originally said that a couple of weeks ago, but as sagna sounds sure he wants to come to Arsenal, he said if Arsene put an offer in for him he would like Aurrexe to let him go.