Red Army

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
UpNorthNow

Red Army

Post by UpNorthNow »

OK quick background check to show yoy my colours :)

Went to Arsenal from 84 >93

First Game - Sunderland Home, 1984 won 3-2

First Away (real) Game - Leeds Utd won 2-1

Longest run at going was 89 > 92 Occupation & Age at this time Paper boy, 16

Best memories

- Adams chucking the title trophy across the goal mouth to Hillier.
- Norwich at Home 91 4-3 win
- 'Peanuts, peanuts get your roasted peanuts'

Famous Fans (Well people I remeber)

- Rip Rore (Used to be in the Northbank)
- Denton (CEB)
- Dean Watts - My buddy I went to the games with

Favourite End

- Clockend just below the police box

Club Hates

- The new badge
- Ticket allocation

Why I Joined Online Gooner

- Because even though I am no longer a 'true' supporter I miss it

Kwame Ampadu Fan Club

Post by Kwame Ampadu Fan Club »

I remember the old boy sellin the peanuts in the North Bank after Anfield '89 - "Peanuts...Peanuts...Get yer champions roasted peanuts"

Bless him

UpNorthNow

Post by UpNorthNow »

Kwame Ampadu Fan Club wrote:I remember the old boy sellin the peanuts in the North Bank after Anfield '89 - "Peanuts...Peanuts...Get yer champions roasted peanuts"

Bless him
They still sell roasted nuts at the new place?

daz10_uk

Post by daz10_uk »

I reckon i might have been standing next to you in the old days because youve brought back some great memories....... 4 pounds to stand in the north bank and have a nut allergy so tried to keep away from "peanuts, peanuts" seller. Im not a regular at Ashburton grove but will always be a true gooner and the memories are superb...

Cheers for the post

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

UpNorthNow wrote:
Kwame Ampadu Fan Club wrote:I remember the old boy sellin the peanuts in the North Bank after Anfield '89 - "Peanuts...Peanuts...Get yer champions roasted peanuts"

Bless him
They still sell roasted nuts at the new place?
If you like them as part of a "prawn noodle salad with a delightful Chippottle glaze" they do!! :wink:

Some great memories there. Welcome back to the fold, Gooner. 8)

UpNorthNow

Post by UpNorthNow »

daz10_uk wrote:I reckon i might have been standing next to you in the old days because youve brought back some great memories....... 4 pounds to stand in the north bank and have a nut allergy so tried to keep away from "peanuts, peanuts" seller. Im not a regular at Ashburton grove but will always be a true gooner and the memories are superb...

Cheers for the post
Was a quid when I first went with my second cousin and JG pass. Was quite funny would pay to go in then slip my pass back under the gate so a mate could use it to get in.

Got caught once but an older steward said leave em alone, they are just kids who want to see the game.

Funny many years later a steward saved me after I bought a ticket off a tout for the league cup final, I was removed from my seat though they found me another seat.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Cmon you rip roaring red n white gunners!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh the memories!

Nutty Winterburn playing right back! Vladimir Petrovic (my dad took me to see him)! David Platt in goal for Villa! They didnt have a sub keepers top so he had an Arsenal one on and we chanted "you will never play for Arsenal!!!" Whoops!

Good times but more good times to come!

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

"Peanuts, Peanuts get your roasted peanuts"!! Ah what memories!! Tell me he came from the same family as the "Gooner, get your latest Gooner, out today"(screached at high pitch) lady?? A match made in Heaven!!

I don't think any Gooner memory will ever eclipse Perry Groves falling off the stretcher when being wheel round the pitch on the old cinder track at Highbury. A legend was born that day!! "Number 1 is Perry Groves, Number 2 is Perry Groves.....................

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

UpNorthNow wrote: Got caught once but an older steward said leave em alone, they are just kids who want to see the game.

Funny many years later a steward saved me after I bought a ticket off a tout for the league cup final, I was removed from my seat though they found me another seat.
This must be a first for the Gooner forum!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Someone PRAISING (or at least saying something positive about) a STEWARD!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I've lived to see the day... :wink:

nuttygoonerpaul

Post by nuttygoonerpaul »

sammy nelson showing his arse in front of the north bank

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Chanting "Barthez is a Gooner!" and "Give it to Barthez!" every time the Filth got the ball at Highbury in Nov 2001 after the bald Frog had gifted TH14 two tap ins... :lol:

Magic. 8)

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Singing "Steve Gerrard, Gerrard, Whatever will be will be, Gave the ball to Thierry Henry, Steve Gerrard Gerrard"

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

a fairly minor game, but the charity shield in 1998, when we were all shouting for manscum to put on sherringham. and then shouting give it to teddy and cheering whenever he had the ball. and when manurinals went to collect their losers medals chanting Teddy got a medal. ahhh so many memories, but that one has some of the best comedic value.

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

U.F.G Anfield '89 wrote:a fairly minor game, but the charity shield in 1998, when we were all shouting for manscum to put on sherringham. and then shouting give it to teddy and cheering whenever he had the ball. and when manurinals went to collect their losers medals chanting Teddy got a medal. ahhh so many memories, but that one has some of the best comedic value.
I'd forgotten that one. Oh, what memories they indeed were!! I was in the family enclosure with my young nephew - right next to where the players came down from collecting their medals - and the laughter when we started singing: 'Teddy's got a medal, Teddy's got a medal, lalalala, lalalala!!' The fun we had that hot summers day - and we won the game 3-0 to boot!!

Mind you, he did get his own back the next season- the crunt!! :x :( :x :cry:

REB

Post by REB »

seeing charlie george play 4 soton at thof in 1980 and north bank givin the best ovation ever..my first trip and had 2 ask my dad who he was.. fell in lov wit highbury that day and still feel same now,, gooner 4 life