Wenger won't renew unless Dein returns (28/6)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

Wenger won't renew unless Dein returns (28/6)

Post by gooner.ed »

usual thread starter... piece posted in good faith, although the writer would did not reveal to me the name of the source at the club, understandably. so make of it what you will. the more i think about it, the more i think danny fiszman is just waiting for the board agreement not to sell for 12 months to end, by which time, he will pay considerably less tax for selling his shareholding. so come the summer of 2008, we may have the board selling out and dein returning with kroenke. but will arsene sign a contract before that? maybe if he was guaranteed that this would be the course of events. who knows?

Arsecannon

Post by Arsecannon »

This is just wrong and is just parroting an article in the Mail. Arseblog mentioned this week that Wenger has not made any demand like this to the club and I believe that.

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

You can't tell who's talking the truth, so we're in an uncertain situation.

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

Have you been reading the london evening standard the last fews days because that was thier back page headline a couple of days ago and this was backed up by no quotes don't take no notice of it.

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

in fairness the piecewas originally received at this end on saturday last weekend, but due to the need to be careful with the wording it's been pinging back and forth between myself and 'doublegooner' since then. and although i check newsnow i don't have the time to read everything that's written about arsenal's so-called crisis in the media. kind of rely on arseblogger's daily email when time is as tight as it has been the last few weeks. so if it's old news, apologies, just posted something which i thought was interesting because of the reputed source. but i acknowledge, it could all be completely ficticious. but i run speculatory pieces on the site fairly regularly anyway, so what the hell. here's hoping the gossip that arsene will renew his deal in the very near future proves correct.

doublegooner

Post by doublegooner »

I do not make a habit of pumping out rumours or say so's. We all have different views & opinions towards the happenings at the club, but ultimately,we all want the best.

I received honest information via a genuine source last month, before all these various articles were appearing.I posted this because I was very concerned at what I had heard & the possible implications.

Situations can change very quickly & I would hope that the info I posted, turns out to be completely wrong & that Arsene, with the club make an announcement, that he will be continuing after this forthcoming season.

magicgoonergirl

Wenger and Mr Dein

Post by magicgoonergirl »

Isnt this speculation just driving you fellow gooners crazy? I for one just wish that they would put us all out of our misery and just let us know what the hell is going on!!! Firstly TH leaves for the paltry sum of £16m..and the spuds paid the same for Darren Bent????...not only does he leave but stirred the bowl with comments questoning Mr Wengers allegiance beyond next season...which pissed me off to be quite frank..thought you was a gooner for life TH and what about that 4 year contract you signed????Think that the old etonian brigade should cash in go off into the sunset and learn a little about what football is about now...and leave it to the likes of Wenger...our best manager ever and Mr Dein...oh and by the way...dont us season tickets holders and members get a say in this????....its our money and support that contribute to this great club :roll:

magicgoonergirl

Wenger and Mr Dein

Post by magicgoonergirl »

Isnt this speculation just driving you fellow gooners crazy? I for one just wish that they would put us all out of our misery and just let us know what the hell is going on!!! Firstly TH leaves for the paltry sum of £16m..and the spuds paid the same for Darren Bent????...not only does he leave but stirred the bowl with comments questoning Mr Wengers allegiance beyond next season...which pissed me off to be quite frank..thought you was a gooner for life TH and what about that 4 year contract you signed????Think that the old etonian brigade should cash in go off into the sunset and learn a little about what football is about now...and leave it to the likes of Wenger...our best manager ever and Mr Dein...oh and by the way...dont us season tickets holders and members get a say in this????....its our money and support that contribute to this great club :roll:

Rafales

Post by Rafales »

Lots have happened in a short time.
I just hope wenger stays and leads the team for more success.
Really anxious to know what will happen in the next 12 months.....may be more changes and new faces are about to happen in the next 15 months...

Whatever happens everything should be good for the club and fans.