... Anyone else a bit miffed?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
O'Leary

... Anyone else a bit miffed?

Post by O'Leary »

Firstly let me introduce myself. I'm a fan for 27yrs, season ticket now for 6. This is my 1st post so go easy on me.

I'm looking for a bit of retrospect amoungst fellow gooners now as i'm getting more than a little frustrated with our dear club and for the reasons i'll state why.

1. Henry - Personally i think he's had his best. He only played 17 times last season and great player he is i think Wenger had finally had enough of his "i may be here next season" attitude so he called his bluff - al la Vieira (who's done the square root of F all in Italy). So - Thierry thanks for the goals, cheers for the memorys and good luck you'll never be forgotten.

So... who to replace him? Owen, Martins, Berbatov, Do you ACTUALLY think we'll sign anyone? I don't. I think we could be set for a stint of more seriously frustrating football next season. Going a goal down and waiting for a Gilberto Pen to get an equalizer. I just can't see him "splashing the cash". It's not his style. More so, it was interesting to note that the timing of his sale was quite evident. 3 weeks after i'd sent off £990.00 to re - new the ticket.

2. Manager - following on from above, who's going to want to join us? How does AW sell the Arsenal "psyche" to any new player. "Come join us... oh yeah i'm probably only here for 12 months anyway".

3. The new ground - Great as it is it's dying a death. I'm "Orange Quadrant" crap name for a start. Row 1 right at the top. We can't stand up when the game is on... WHY? There is no - one behind us. There are a group of old skool East Standers in front of us. Been going for 25 yrs plus and we've had stewards in time after time as they are considered "boystrous". It's a joke. They've sworn not to return.

I was "lucky" enough to watch the Pompy game this season from the executive box above the away fans. NOT 1 other Arsenal fan in there other than me. NOT 1. Out of 15 people. Rediculous... to the extent that i was greeted with the teamsheet and a hooray Henry asking "Where's that BergCHamp fellow?". Joke

3. Champ League Final - Good friends at Highbury, been season ticket for 15 yrs. Didn't get a ticket... the gimp in front who has a season ticket for 2 seasons, comes maybe 5 times a year to the ground. He got one. Priorities all wrong.

Sorry this sounds seriously negative but i think we've lost all our priorities.

We need a statement from the club addressing the management situation, the potential transfers, Stan Kronke / David Dein? Seems like we've shot ourselves in the foot there. Get him back? i don't know? Seems like it would be a good thing. All i know is that if we don't act soon, me and i'm sure fellow gooners are getting worried. We need to know what's going on.

What i do know is that out of the "Top 4" we are the ONLY English run club up there. Despite all the away fans taunts of "England, England" when they play us. Remind me? What have England won in the last 40 years? Oh yeah... nothing!

Help me out here guys. Tell me i'm not the only one worried. I want the glory days back of a well run club with players who want to be there. Not all this uncertaintly surrounding us. It's doing us no favours whatsoever.

Rant over!

This is the word according to O'Leary Jnr.

DOL out.

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

First of all, Welcome David.
Second, I'm worried too, of course, but i have tons of optimism to cover that. Every time i think on a replacment for tel and start worrying, i think of RVP.
You can take the example of manure, they sold Van-horseface, leading scorer for them in the last 4-5 seasons (don't remember the exact) and they won the title and made it to the CL semis and into the FA cup final.

delgooner

Post by delgooner »

Hi O'Leary Jnr

Welcome to the site, like you been a gooner for life but only recently joined here, read the forum for years but just started to voice my views as like you and other fellow gooners its the only way to get the stress and frustration out of my system.

I agree with everything you say.

Im just wondering if all this hyped-up crap we're getting from the media is just created by them cos they've got nothing else at the moment. You notice there is nothing going on with Chelshite or Manscum so they are feeding themselves on the Arse. Maybe, just maybe, there is nothing happening at the Arse for the board or La Boss to come out with any statement.

I read that the Board and La Boss have a meeting tomorrow (Monday) as La Boss has been on holiday? Doesnt sound like crisis if the Boss has been on holiday? Its always been the way of Arsenal that nothing comes out of there until something's actually been done. Like TH going to Barcewanker.

Everybody seems to be going paranoid about signing TH replacement, but when you look round and see whats available and for the price, I think La Boss hasnt got much of a choice and whoever we sign I reckon we will all be disappointed anyway.

Im going to the Emirates on July 29th so will be experiencing the atmosphere for the first time there, so I will let you know what I think about it then. Hopefully by then everything will be hunkie-dorrie but Im not keeping my fingers (or toes) crossed.

DB10GOONER

Re: ... Anyone else a bit miffed?

Post by DB10GOONER »

O'Leary wrote:
3. Champ League Final - Good friends at Highbury, been season ticket for 15 yrs. Didn't get a ticket... the gimp in front who has a season ticket for 2 seasons, comes maybe 5 times a year to the ground. He got one. Priorities all wrong.
Hi O'L. Welcome on board. a lot of salient points there that I agree fully with.

But have to pick you up on number 3. I only get to Highbury/Cashburton Grove on average 5 or six times a year (job, wife, two kids, limited finances to throw at it) nowadays. Used to get over 10 or twelve times back in the day. My trips over cost a fortune.

I got a ticket for the CL final through UEFA. I totally agree that the allocation to the clubs was a joke (WAY too many nuetrals got tickets) but no one is gonna tell me they deserve a CL ticket more than me cuz they go more often. I spend WAY more going but I don't believe I'm more entitled than anyone. This whole argument was actually done to death on here a few months ago so I'll leave it there.

I don't want to be too critical but calling the guy in front of you a gimp is a bit dumb, mate. He's as deserving as anyone.

Anyway, welcome. Enjoy the banter.

REB

Post by REB »

welcome.. enjoyd ur thread.. i know its not fair on cl tickets but now theres more seas tk holders then ever,, like db10 i dont get over as much as id like,, just twice a year 4 dis gooner and thats thru my s c..

O'Leary

Post by O'Leary »

No, that's a fair call DB10 & Rebel. I know 1st hand it's a task to make it to the ever increasingly expense premiership these days. My point was more so that there was no policy for scrutinising who did / did not get a ticket. I know it's a case of where do you draw the line with the allocation process. i.e Season ticket holder, season ticket for 5 yrs +, 10 yrs + etc. But it wasn't fair on them. Point taken. Anyone putting the best part of £1000.00 a season into our club doesn't deserve the term "gimp" apologies! (I was mid rant!)

This time last year when everyone was writing us off. New ground, no new players etc. I was quietly confident, and to an extent still am with performances we showed in patches last season: Double over united, 2 draws with Chelsea, Anfield & WHL in the cup etc...

This year i'm not so sure.

I know "Arsene Knows" but does he know if he'll be there come Aug 08?

DOL

P.S Cheers for the "welcomes" :)

REB

Post by REB »

like u iwas confident on last year been a good one.. do still believe that this season will see us up top r there abouts.. do think arsene has some1 lined up ,, afc never do there buyin thru the media.. arsene knows.. and we hav 2 thrust,,

O'Leary

Post by O'Leary »

here here!

Just seen on SSNews reports the deal for Tevez is between us and United. Fingers x'd he'll see a good opportunity at AFC and join us.

I think he'd be a hit for us. BIG TIME.

Cheers all,

DOL

legend10

Post by legend10 »

me 2 tevez is awsome and defenders must be scared of him ,he looks a mean bastard

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

O'Leary wrote:here here!

Just seen on SSNews reports the deal for Tevez is between us and United. Fingers x'd he'll see a good opportunity at AFC and join us.

I think he'd be a hit for us. BIG TIME.

Cheers all,

DOL
Yeah, I think Tevez would deffo add some quality to us. And he's had his dreaded "first year in the Prem" to adapt.

And no problems on the rant! We all need a good rant... :wink:

You know one of the things that really bugged me at the CL final was the amount of locals in Paris touting tickets for crazy prices. Some were quoting €2000 a ticket. :twisted:

UEFA should divide the allocation up 90% between the two clubs and 10% set aside for the unfortunately necessary evil that is corporate sponsorship. It would mean that 90% of the fans in the stadium would actually be FANS. As it is I think less than 60% of the total ticket allocation goes to clubs.

Having said that we were in the nuetral side zones at the final and there were a lot of Gooners and Barcawhores around us, so either they were lucky through UEFA or they were willing to pay through the snot for their ticket.

Also UEFA should stop titting around with locations like Athens. Let's be honest here, the majority of finalist come from England, Germany, Spain and Italy or countries thereabouts. Why drag so many fans so far across the Med to a stadium, Football Association and a police force that are not equipped to handle such a big event? :roll: :?

F*cking PC madness. :roll:

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Also UEFA should stop titting around with locations like Athens. Let's be honest here, the majority of finalist come from England, Germany, Spain and Italy or countries thereabouts. Why drag so many fans so far across the Med to a stadium, Football Association and a police force that are not equipped to handle such a big event? :roll: :?
I have never understood why UEFA don't have a 'Stadium of Europe' like the FA have with Wembley where every major Euro final is held. Somewhere like Switzerland as they are based there which would not mean too much travel for all the clubs that are likely to get there.