Eduardo Da Silva about to join Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

im not sure but last year when we were conected with Da Silva im sure people were saying he is a bit like Ian Wright in that he just sees the goal and goes for it :D If this is true im very excited YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS come on we dont need to pay 27mill for torres or 16mill for bent becouse Arsene Wenger Knows best :lol:

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Anyone know shirt number etc yet?

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

i just hope that this signing will be more like T.Henry than F.Jeffers (any1 remember him) ?? lol

gus ceasar is a legend

My mate was so excited and got so wound up by the "fox in the box" stuff that he got Jeffers on his home and away shirt! Hahaha!

Now I never get the name of a new signing on my shirt!

augie

Post by augie »

Forgive me but I am underwhelmed here. All the speculation over the last while has us signing 2 players and if sagna & da silva are those 2 players then to my mind it is not exactly the statement of intent that i believe we needed to make. Wenger said also that he would be signing 1 player that was known and 1 that may not be as well known so can anybody tell me which player is which ? This brazilian/croatian may turn out to be another of arsene's masterstrokes in the transfer market but these signings alone will not be enough to see us as genuine challengers this season. :roll:

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

My mate was so excited and got so wound up by the "fox in the box" stuff that he got Jeffers on his home and away shirt! Hahaha!

Now I never get the name of a new signing on my shirt!
Heh heh heh, that's one for the list of gifts for people you hate! i bet theres some poor sod out there with stephanovs on their shirt

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

Not only he scored a header against the three lions, he scored an hatrick against my own Israel at Ramat-Gan stadium.

RaM

Post by RaM »

Sounds good from what I've heard about him in the last 15 minutes or so.

Does this mean no more striker deals this transfer window?

gus ceasar is a legend

Although Im happy I do hope there is more to come!

AFC still have some making up to do towards us for the last shitty week or so!

RaM

Post by RaM »

Exactly gus.

Actually, after finding some footage of Fabianski, I think he is a great young player, and this guy looks ok too.

In all, our gains haven't been too bad, but when compared to our losses...well...

Goonanana

Post by Goonanana »

Last season for his club, da Silva scored a remarkable 34 times in 32 games, netting 71 goals in total in 100 appearances for Dinamo before earning a move to the Premier League.

Soudns ok to me!

He also scored the fisrt competitive goal at the emirates!

I want to know where the rest of the Titi money is going though! Shareholders pockets>?

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Checked him out on youtube and he looks ok. He's quick, good feet, likes to run at people. When he is infront of goal has good composure. Could be another Wenger find. Lets wait and see.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nREh1bD0HsY

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Impressive record and scored 6 in Euro qualifying so far.

Not one of the names we had all been hoping but then thats not Arsene's way. Would be interested to know the price so we can consider the likelihood of any further signings.

He gets goals and that was the one thing our forward line lacked last year. If we can create as many chances as last year and he settles well think we could be on to a winner.

Eduardo woooo
Eduardo woooo
He came from dinamo
He's better than f'ckin Defoe!

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

With all the negativity of the past few weeks lets try and be positive guys. Firstly we have signed someone!! I was starting to wonder.

I remember the Zagreb game back in August at the Emirates and this guy caused us all sorts of problems in the first half. From memory he was lightening quick and very direct. It might only be the Croatian League but 34 goals in 32 games shows he knows where the goal is and can finish. Seven goals in 12 International matches also tells a story.

Ok I was hoping for a more high profile signing with a bit more of an outlay. But I'll give you two words; Andrei Schevchenko. Also as we have spent little on a striker I'm hoping thAT means Arsene will use the money to add some depth to our back line.

This was a typical Arsenal signing. Not a mention in any paper or website and suddenly the deal is done. Lets just hope other deals are also in motion.

gus ceasar is a legend

Eduardo ooooooo

Eduardo ooooooo

He came from Zagreb

Lets hope hes better than Hleb!