Victims of Terrorism

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Simon

Victims of Terrorism

Post by Simon »

On another debate down here in the basement ("To DanielD"), Skipper states:

"Just to let everyone know that in 8 years of Hamas 'terrorising' Jewish settlers in stolen Palestinian land, 20 (YES!!! TWENTY!!!!!!) Jews died...
20 JEWS in 8 YEARS...
It took 'courageous' IDF about 8 minutes to kill 20 Palestinian children...
Fucking Zionist Scum!"

These kind of lies don't help anyone achieve peace in the Middle East, and even the most cursory googling proves that such falsehoods shouldn't go unchallenged.

In fact, since September 2000 there have been 1176 people murdered in Palestinian terrorist attacks. I don't think that number includes the Palestinians murdered by Hamas for daring to oppose them.

I think we sometimes forget the individual tragedies behind figures, so just to give one random example:

Mar 9, 2002, Avia Malka, 9 months old was killed when Palestinian terrorists threw a grenade into her baby stroller in Netanya in Israel. She died in hospital from her injuries.

Today marks Holocaust Memorial Day - perhaps a good time to reflect upon all the victims of conflict, terrorism and genocide, irrespective of race, religion, nationality or ethnic origin.

Shalom Aleichem
Salaam Aleikum
Peace to all of you

Simon

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Mmmmmmm.....methinks this is a subversive way of continuing the locked thread. Behave yourselves or I'll lock this one too.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

SPUDMASHER wrote:Mmmmmmm.....methinks this is a subversive way of continuing the locked thread. Behave yourselves or I'll lock this one too.
I guess the thread was locked because skipper decided to swear and bring it down to shcoolboy level, but otherwise the thread was ok.

skipper

Re: Victims of Terrorism

Post by skipper »

Simon wrote:On another debate down here in the basement ("To DanielD"), Skipper states:

"Just to let everyone know that in 8 years of Hamas 'terrorising' Jewish settlers in stolen Palestinian land, 20 (YES!!! TWENTY!!!!!!) Jews died...
20 JEWS in 8 YEARS...
It took 'courageous' IDF about 8 minutes to kill 20 Palestinian children...
Fucking Zionist Scum!"

These kind of lies don't help anyone achieve peace in the Middle East, and even the most cursory googling proves that such falsehoods shouldn't go unchallenged.

In fact, since September 2000 there have been 1176 people murdered in Palestinian terrorist attacks. I don't think that number includes the Palestinians murdered by Hamas for daring to oppose them.

I think we sometimes forget the individual tragedies behind figures, so just to give one random example:

Mar 9, 2002, Avia Malka, 9 months old was killed when Palestinian terrorists threw a grenade into her baby stroller in Netanya in Israel. She died in hospital from her injuries.

Today marks Holocaust Memorial Day - perhaps a good time to reflect upon all the victims of conflict, terrorism and genocide, irrespective of race, religion, nationality or ethnic origin.

Shalom Aleichem
Salaam Aleikum
Peace to all of you

Simon
:lol:

You twat...so that's relible source, fucking Israeli ministruy of defence???

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Terrorism-+Ob ... m+sinc.htm

Shame on You, but then again, Goebels must be quite pleased watching from hell at yr propaganda bullshit

Simon

Post by Simon »

Skipper

You are an absolute disgrace to humanity and show yourself up to be a nasty and vicious racist.

You compare me to the nazis when you know I'm Jewish - that's pernicious antisemitism at its very worst.

I make a post about the tragedies on all sides of a conflict, but you clearly are quite happy to see Jewish babies murdered. I mourn the loss of all innocent lives and that's the difference between people like you and people like me.

You and your ilk don't intimidate me.

skipper

Post by skipper »

Simon wrote:Skipper

You are an absolute disgrace to humanity and show yourself up to be a nasty and vicious racist.

You compare me to the nazis when you know I'm Jewish - that's pernicious antisemitism at its very worst.

I make a post about the tragedies on all sides of a conflict, but you clearly are quite happy to see Jewish babies murdered. I mourn the loss of all innocent lives and that's the difference between people like you and people like me.

You and your ilk don't intimidate me.
I compared Israel to a Nazi Fascist racist Apartheid state, not you...and that was via PM, which you have started anyway accusing me of racism and anti-semitism...

You are pathetic, Simon, you are...

This time i#m well and truly out

Simon

Post by Simon »

Skippy

You constantly show blind hatred, are deeply offensive and racist and then use foul language when you don't get your own way.

Comparing me to a Nazi as you have in fact done explicitly in your post above is deeply offensive and antisemitic.

You have constantly refused to condemn the murder of innocent men, women and children showing exactly what kind of person you are.

My family and I learned the hard way how to stand up to the kind of racist thuggery that you are support so fulsomely, so don't think for one second that you can intimidate me.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

I think news reporters should have been allowed inside Gaza to report what they saw as is traditional in war zones.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Galasso wrote:I think news reporters should have been allowed inside Gaza to report what they saw as is traditional in war zones.
They went in as soon as fighting stopped, and seemed to have a lot of footage during the conflict anyway.

Sometimes it is just too dangerous to allow reporters in, and in Lebanon in 2006 the reporters were giving away too much.

There is footage that was edited out. The Arabic channels showed more of the burn victims than the terrestrial ones.

The Israeli channels have footage of Hamas gunmen running from building to building holding children as human shields, but it was not shown to the public, only to journalists. I do not know why.

The whole thing was grim.

The problem with Skipper is that he has not contributed to the debate, but has just hurled insults.

Such is the nature of the internet, you have some who contribute and others who think that because they have a keyboard they can type any old thing.

skipper

Post by skipper »

QuartzGooner wrote:
Galasso wrote:I think news reporters should have been allowed inside Gaza to report what they saw as is traditional in war zones.

The problem with Skipper is that he has not contributed to the debate, but has just hurled insults.

Such is the nature of the internet, you have some who contribute and others who think that because they have a keyboard they can type any old thing.
:D

...and this from guy who's implying that G*D gave Israelis green light to massacre Palestinian children... :banghead:

skipper

Post by skipper »

As I've been constantly ridiculed and sometimes viciously attacked by a propagandists of zionisam (Quartz & Simon) both on forum and via PM, I find it hard to leave this disscussion and let them gloat in their twisted self-righteousness...

I think it's time to get back to FACTS, shall we gentlemen?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/ja ... aza-israel

14 Israelis killed by a shelling from Gazza in last 4 years! (check the link!)

-------------------------

(and these are supposed to be a peace loving good guys :evil: )

Israeli soccer matches were suspended during the assault on Gaza. When the games resumed last week, the fans had come up with a new chant: "Why have the schools in Gaza been shut down?" sang the crowd. "Because all the children were gunned down!" came the answer.

Aside from its sheer barbarism, this chant reflects the widespread belief among Israeli Jews that Israel scored an impressive victory in Gaza – a victory measured, not least, by the death toll.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... a-children

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And last but not the least let's have a look at some pictures...

http://palestinian.ning.com/forum/topic ... -the-story

-----------------

Simon

Post by Simon »

Agreed - although I think some media did have news crews there on the ground. Certainly the BBC has at least one reporter/producer resident in Gaza who was providing regular reports and updates.

Very few of the mainstream media showed the type of footage that Quartz talked about where you can actually see Hamas terrorists grabbing terrified children to use as shields as they fire their guns and bombs. It's easily accessible on the Internet 'though.

Simon

Post by Simon »

Skipper, you are so blinded by vicious hatred that you are unable to debate in a proper fashion. Quartz did not imply any such thing, but you seem to feel that if you fling enough mud, some of it will stick. So far you have accused Jewish conributors here of being Nazis, you have used the foulest language imaginable, and then you refuse to accept the figures of innocent men, women, and children who were targetted for murder by terrorists just because they were Jewish.

No doubt you think the 9 month old baby who had a grenade tossed into her stroller was a "zionist c**t" to quote the very mature terminology that you used in your private message to me.

As I've said to you many times before, any decent human will grieve for any innocent victims of conflict, but you think it's absolutely fine for people to murdered by terrorists just because they are Jewish.

You probably also think Mugabe is a great freedom fighter against western imperialism and that the Sudanese have been doing a great job in clearing up that troublesome region of Darfur - because you sure don't seem to have any condemnation of the murders and genocide taking place there.

You are beneath contempt and your racist bullying will not be tolerated.

skipper

Post by skipper »

Simon wrote:Skipper, you are so blinded by vicious hatred that you are unable to debate in a proper fashion. Quartz did not imply any such thing, but you seem to feel that if you fling enough mud, some of it will stick. So far you have accused Jewish conributors here of being Nazis, you have used the foulest language imaginable, and then you refuse to accept the figures of innocent men, women, and children who were targetted for murder by terrorists just because they were Jewish.

No doubt you think the 9 month old baby who had a grenade tossed into her stroller was a "zionist c**t" to quote the very mature terminology that you used in your private message to me.

As I've said to you many times before, any decent human will grieve for any innocent victims of conflict, but you think it's absolutely fine for people to murdered by terrorists just because they are Jewish.
You probably also think Mugabe is a great freedom fighter against western imperialism and that the Sudanese have been doing a great job in clearing up that troublesome region of Darfur - because you sure don't seem to have any condemnation of the murders and genocide taking place there.

You are beneath contempt and your racist bullying will not be tolerated.
I called you a c**t and from bold lettering it's quite clear to see why.

I never, NEVER impiled that it's right to kill ANYONE.

Simon

Post by Simon »

Skipper

You refuse to accept that over one thousand Jews have been murdered by terrorists in the last eight years and you refuse to condemn the murder of innocent women and children.

You are deeply antisemitic and delight in using the worst kind of "Jewish conspiracy" paranoia in your dealings with me. You compare me to the nazis, then you suggest to me that I somehow have links with or control the Israeli secret service, and then when you realise I won't be bullied by you you resort to foul language thinking that will intimidate me.

Grow up Skipper. There'll be no peace in this world with people like you around.

Personally, I'd prefer to work for a world where every child - Israeli, Palestinian or indeed of any race, religion or nationality can grow up in peace and security without the fear of violence.