De Silva fee more like £8million

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
All_Arsenal_1886

De Silva fee more like £8million

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

Arsenal have just announced that the fee is closer to £8mil and not the £16.25mil claimed by Dynamo Zagreb

why are thing so complicated at arsenal, i just hope the deal does not fall threw, we would be the biggest joke i the premier league

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

That would be more resonable. And more realistic.

IF it's true... :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

It would be a more realistic fee but can you tell me where the club announced it cos i've just been on arsenal.com and it sure aint on there and sky are still quoting the £16m(which they would as its more sensational)

augie

Post by augie »

It would be a more realistic fee but can you tell me where the club announced it cos i've just been on arsenal.com and it sure aint on there and sky are still quoting the £16m(which they would as its more sensational)

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

According to sky sports news a source close to Arsenal have said it's closer to £8 million in the last hour.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:It would be a more realistic fee but can you tell me where the club announced it cos i've just been on arsenal.com and it sure aint on there and sky are still quoting the £16m(which they would as its more sensational)
FIFA website now reporting the deal at £6m or €8.8m

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/club ... +da+silva

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

An even better price :D

I think it was a publicity stunt by Zagreb just to get some tv coverage or somthing u know somthing chelski would do :lol:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

£8m is less than we paid for Jeffers and Reyes and what we were willing to pay for Baptista(£14m).I hope these words wont come back to haunt me but we may have got ourselves a bargin.

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

DB10Gooner Wrote:
FIFA website now reporting the deal at £6m or €8.8m
Assuming the guy is anywhere close to as good as his record suggests then £6M is pretty good in todays transfer market, and without Dein to negotiate! Especially considering bloody Diomansky Kamara cost Fulham £5.5M!

£10M of the Titi money left (plus the money originally budgeted to pay Henry's £100,000+ per week salary), plus the £2M for Aliadiere, whatever we got for Muamba and whatever the budget was to begin with... anybody for a winger? Looks like we're sticking with 4-4-2 as i dont see this guy as the lone striker type, so we need somebody to provide some width. SWP 4 N5 NE1?

REB

Post by REB »

good price 4 a proven international and goal scorer,, check him out on you tube,, he,s brave and can head a ball,,

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Well Arsene will be looking to buy some defensive cover now i would imagine. Bakari Sagna is probably one of them. I really hope he buys a winger.

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

I think that wenger will buy more, but i doubt we'll see anything other than relatively unknown players, wenger isn't a chequebook cowboy is he.

also, this is my 100th post, i am honoured to join the ranks of the centurions.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

U.F.G Anfield '89 wrote:I think that wenger will buy more, but i doubt we'll see anything other than relatively unknown players, wenger isn't a chequebook cowboy is he.

also, this is my 100th post, i am honoured to join the ranks of the centurions.
Well done UFG. Congrats on joining the centurions! 8)

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

cheers DB10 it sure feels good to finally be in triple figures

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Well done UFG.

Couldn't believe the £16m price when I heard it kind of took the gloss of the fact he was a new signing think of what we could have got for that price. £8m bit better, £6m would probably be what he is genuinely worth at this stage.