white strip

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

I like it but wont be buying it!

Im a retro shirt fan myself and also have a couple of bad boys in my locker! The yellow an blue adidas "pizza hut topping" mad bastard needs an airing soon!

Plus my fave the blue Dreamcast!

TFI Arsenal

Post by TFI Arsenal »

gus ceasar is a legend wrote:I like it but wont be buying it!

Im a retro shirt fan myself and also have a couple of bad boys in my locker! The yellow an blue adidas "pizza hut topping" mad bastard needs an airing soon!

Plus my fave the blue Dreamcast!
i love that bruised banana shirt too. except i was about 8 or 9 when i owned one and so unfortunately it no longer fits. i'm not sure about buying a white shirt and i dont like the way theyve tied all this extra shirt bollox in to herbert chapmans name.

we're being innovative? we're not standing still? so what! we're now wearing spurs colours!

that said i reckon the mrs will want one

T.S

Post by T.S »

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:I think its the best looking away shirt for some time :D
I disagree.

Also, it's not about getting names of your favourite players on your shirt. It's just tempting fate. I made that mistake with Merson and I never did it again. Get something ironic or witty. Had The Beast been staying, I would have got "Ox In The Box." Unfortunately it wasn't to be.

How will I ever get over it?

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

TFI Arsenal wrote:
that said i reckon the mrs will want one
She told me she wanted one. Didn't mention the shirt though!

TFI Arsenal

Post by TFI Arsenal »

oh the legendary wit of the gooner forum finally aimed at me! i feel fully welcomed in to the fold now.

gus ceasar is a legend

Ive already given her something white TFI but strangely she wasnt keen to wear what I gave her infront of you!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stats

Post by stats »

tonysaunders wrote:As far as shirts that I wear. It's either the 70s home shirt, or, if I'm feeling snazzy, I'll stick on this bad boy...

Oh yeah...

A great shirt :D

augie

Post by augie »

i liked the look of the alledged new 3rd strip that is being released from the link on this forum recently. I thought it looked the dogs b*ll*x which probably means the one we will actually release will look nothing like it and will actually be a sad effort. Anyone know when the 3rd strip is being released ? I know that the club are releasing a 3rd kit cos they confirmed it via mail order phone service

DB10GOONER

Re: white strip

Post by DB10GOONER »

Chopper wrote:
rebel gooner wrote:new strip out soon ,, know its old news but how many of ye r goin 2 buyit,, i like it must admit,, will buy it and stick de silva on my back
I have every faith in our new goalmachine, but putting a new signings name on the back of your shirt is just tempting fate!
F*cking good point! I put Suker 9 on our away jersey in 2000 and look what happened there... :roll:

gus ceasar is a legend

Said in another thread how a mate of mine got Jeffers on both his home and away shirt!

Muppet! Haha!

TFI Arsenal

Post by TFI Arsenal »

i once got 'vivas 7' on the back of my 98 away shirt and haven't bought an away shirt since. i dont think anyone can compete with that unless they chose to have stepanovs name on their shirt. but feel free to prove me wrong

gus ceasar is a legend

To be honest I think that is unbeatable!

Unles like you say someone went for the lanky latvian!

Or maybe Alberto Rodriguez Mendez Fuck me how much wuld that cost though?

TFI Arsenal

Post by TFI Arsenal »

whatever happened to alberto rodriguez mendez?

thats 22 letters with a quick glance and calculation at a quid per letter and three per number wasnt it? just under 30 quid for his name. possibly more than wenger paid the part timers he bought him in from

gus ceasar is a legend

Lesson is never put a new signings name on your shirt!

Next thing you know hes on a free transfer to Ipswich!

stats

Post by stats »

New 3rd shirt out on the 3rd of August
This is also our European shirt