O CRAP HE'S NUMBER 9

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

DB10GOONER wrote:Back to the original gist of this thread; the so called "curse" of our No 9 shirt. :wink:

Will everybody please stop listing the Merse as someone that "suffered" in this shirt? To lump a Gunners legend in with glass ankle jeffers, Suker and the fat mosquito (or Beast as he was hilariously known) is an insult to the man.

Merse was very successful with us and only took on the 9 shirt when DB10 (the real one - not me :lol: ) joined because the Dennis wanted the 10 which was Merse's number.

Merse was sold before anyone could say he "failed" in the 9. This is a midfielder that scored 99 goals for us. Personally I believe he got the ton because the w*nkers on the disputed goals panel took one off him that should have gone onto his tally.

Merse is a proper legend. 8)

Talks a bit of shite nowadays though... :wink:
Agreed but I think Suker did well too. He came with a reputation of being a trouble maker but scored quite a few goals for us (11 if I remember correctly) despite being the 4th choice striker a lot of the time and then left without causing any fuss.
Anyway...being a bit of a sucker for traditional things I quite like the fact that we now seem to have a traditional number 9 upfront and in my opinion Fabregas should wear number 10 as well 8)

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

Give Theo the number 14 and RVP the number 10 and watch them grow into two legends :wink: