Favourite Piece of Arsenal Memrobilia?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gus ceasar is a legend

Favourite Piece of Arsenal Memrobilia?

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Yes this is me showing off before you all say it!

C'mon though what is your favourite Arsenal bit of treasure you have locked away?

Me I was lucky enough to watch my brother play for the mighty Farnborough in the cup at Highbury! Was a day to remember!

Anyhow little bro done good and snaffled me Campbell's and Parlour's match worn shirts plus a warm up top and socks! Nice one!

Washed and framed on my wall with a signed programme! My pride and joy!

stats

Post by stats »

My whole collection of football memorabilia with programmes, badges, tickets etc, 2 do with any clubs but mostly Arsenal 1s though
Gt over 1000 football programmes but haven't checked hw many i gt in ages gt them all in nice order :)

T.S

Post by T.S »

Gus, what is your brother's name? A mate of my brother's played in that game too. He was their number 9 Joff Vansittart. He didn't actually get off the bench. Shame, as we told him to take out Kanu.

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

Mine is the arsenal v Sheff wed programme from 28th march 98 this is because i was asked to be a VIP by arsenal while i was in hospital at xmas time, the programme has my name and a message in it, also all the letters i got from arsenal while i was n hospital. They kept me going.

i also collect Arsenal Programmes and my oldest one is from Dec 1945 thats my most tresured

gus ceasar is a legend

Tony you wont believe this!

Im Joff's brother!

I know he didn't play but he scored a cracker during the half time warm up and he got to jog up and down while warming up with Denis on the sidelines!

Best meesage me tony! HAHA!
Last edited by gus ceasar is a legend on Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T.S

Post by T.S »

Bloody hell. Are you lying?!

He is mates with my brother (Adam), so he came over to talk to us (we were in the West Stand) in the pre-match warm up. He stunk of vic vic vaporub! He's a tall bastard, too!

What are the odds?
Last edited by T.S on Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gus ceasar is a legend

Im not gods honest!

gus ceasar is a legend

Im not gods honest!

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

Don't worry im not going to say im his cousin now. God it's a small world after all.

T.S

Post by T.S »

Cue the Twilight Zone music...

gus ceasar is a legend

How do you know golden balls then?

gus ceasar is a legend

Sorry didnt see your reply about how knew him!

Hes quite a lump but like his older brother!

Was a great day seeing him get off the coach and go into The Marble Halls.

He said Arsenal players were fantastic after the game. They all bought in champagne for them and handed them whatever kit they wanted etc.

Only shitty thing was they wouldn't let my brother take me in the player's lounge!

T.S

Post by T.S »

gus ceasar is a legend wrote:How do you know golden balls then?
Nice. I've only ever spoken to him the once. I'm not sure how my brother knows him, actually. Maybe through school (he's a teacher), maybe through five-a-side, maybe through university. I never thought to ask.

As for the rest of your story, I just verified it with my brother - you're telling the truth!

According to him, Joff thought Sol was a bit of a big time Charlie because he had a shirt for the first half and then a new one for the second.

My bro isn't sure if he's met you or not, but he reckons he's been in the same room as you because he was at Joff's wedding.

How bloody weird.

gus ceasar is a legend

No what my brother didnt understand was the whole team have a long and short shirt sleeve shirt for the game until the captain decides what one they all wear!

Im not sure if I met your brother at his wedding tho!

Shame you cant upload pictures from your pc from here as have pics of me in Sol's shirt etc.

Small world indeed!

T.S

Post by T.S »

Vansittart for England!