Shortlist for stands

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What's your faviourite name for equilavent of east and west stands?

Arsene Wenger
5%
Thierry Henry
No votes
Tony Adams
No votes
Tony Adams
No votes
Dennis Bergkamp
5%
Ian Wright
5%
Chapman
37%
Sir Henry Norris
5%
Rocastle
42%

Total votes: 19

Ben-gooner14

Shortlist for stands

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

As most people's faviorites for the end stand were clock end and north bank, what would be your faviourites for the equilvalent of the east and west stand.

These one's which were left which are not so much faviourite's with the fans could be used to name restaurants and bars around the ground.

Woolwich
Brady
Graham
Drake
Rice
Groves
Bastin
Alex James
Keown
Merson
Overmars
Pires
Canon
Vieria
Whittaker
Mclintock
Smith

I'll give the list to arsenal of the most popular and unpopular names.

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

Firstly, well done for all the hard work you have put in setting the whole thing up.

My choice is Chapman for the East Stand, because apart from everything else he has done for the club, he was the man who pushed Arsenal to get the original rebuilt at Highbury.

Just a thought, Young Ben - shouldn't we have two options if we are going to re-name both the East and West stands? I know it is probably not your fault due to the way the Poll set-up facility works, so do you propose to take the two options with the highest vote?

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

Yeah, i will tell arsenal about it, and say that these were the two faviourites voted by people on the gooner forum but at the end of the day if they agree they will have the final choice anyway. I might postponned my email to thursday to give people more chance to do the poll.

stats

Post by stats »

Ian Wright 4 me
My fav player of all time along with others in the frame but i sadi Wrighty 4 a couple of reasons like his goalscoring etc
But 2 point out at Martin Keowns testimonal match he came out with Henry's shirt where Thierry came out with Wrighty's
2 get 2 the point he gave a disabled fan the shirt he was wearing with the fan's shirt which was far 2 big 4 o Ian but at was at the East Stand where he touched that man's heart..... again most prob
The West Stand i'd name after Chapman 4 obs reasons as he was simply the best of world football in the 30s (but no need 2 gt into that)
He was so much involed with the building of the East & West stands which every football fan knew what stands they were because they were so gd

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Chapman a banker. Think Norris should be equally well honoured as the club wouldn't be an attractive proposition for Chapman to join without him.

Not sure about naming stands after players but certainly think entrances or bars should be named after our legends such as Bergkamp (a must), Wright, Henry, Rocastle (a must), Bastin, James, Drake, Brady, George etc.

Oh and keep one free for a few years before we rename it Eduardos bar!

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Chops hate to say it but Eduardo's bar sounds camper than Graham Norton! :shock:

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Better than The Bent Bar their planning down the road!

gus ceasar is a legend

True maybe!

However I will not be going in Eduardo's bar for a slippery nipple no matter how many he scores! :o

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

Yeah not something that will happen in the near future anyway got to become legend first.

N22Gooner

Post by N22Gooner »

I'd like the FE to be called 'Rocky's Corner' personally

REB

Post by REB »

rocastle and chapman 4 me

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

Chopper wrote:Oh and keep one free for a few years before we rename it Eduardos bar!
For a second there I was certain you had written 'Eboue's Bar'. Perish the thought!! Mind you, the way he goes over so easily is reminiscent of a drunk!! :wink: :lol:

gus ceasar is a legend

Have you lot gone mad!

A bar named after Lee Chapmen!

:lol:

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Right next to the one named after Clive Allen.

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

Seems pretty straightforward to me..........
Orange Quad - North Bank
Green Quad - Clock End
Blue Quad - Highbury Stand
Yellow Quad - Chapman Stand

............. and of course if the great man does, as we all hope, stay with us for life in some regard whether it be on the board, technical director or as director of football or such then a memorial will also be paid to him - hopefully a full length statue!