email 2 arsenal about names around the ground (ben-gooner14)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
stearmaster

email 2 arsenal about names around the ground (ben-gooner14)

Post by stearmaster »

Dear Sir/Madam

With Arsenal soughting out an anthem i saw this as a perfect oppurtuniy to talk to you about changing the name of certain areas in the ground. And im not just talking for myself here, what originally was a small idea on the forum turned out to be something lots of people wanted to change. The petition was set up last thurday and 500 people have signed it already, this was only people from one forum.

link to petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Arsenal/index.html
link to original idea on forum http://www.onlinegooner.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1246

Arsenal have been ritched in history over the years and fans would like to see this history being used for the greater good. Colour quadrants are used at the moment but many fans do not even know what colour they sit in, this includes season ticket holders. Naming parts of the ground as well as stands would be a far better way for people to meet up and congregate at the ground as well as them having a better idea of where they sit. The colours could even be kept, and certain players went with certain colours. I will give you some ideas later.

As ebel are now the official timing partners of Arsenal wouldn't it be nice to see the old clock inside on the first tier in one of the end stands working in harmony with the large new digital screens which will be on the first tier either side of the pitch. There is already one name that most fans would like to see back as well as the north bank. That just leaves the question to the equivalent of the east and west stands. Fan's faviorite Rocky for the west, with the east named after herbert chapmen.

The faviourites over all with the fans were Rocky (Rocastle) and Herbert Chapmen,this information was taken by comments on the petition as well as from the forum.

Ideas;
Coloured quadrants for players exp - Dennis Bergkamp Orange
Drayton Park road to be changed to Herbert Chapman way.

Other things such as turnstiles, pubs, restaurants, club level, tunnel can also be named after legends, such as;

Arsene Wenger
Thierry Henry
Tony Adams
Dennis Bergkamp
Ian Wright
Charlie George
Herbert Chapmen
Sir Henry Norris
Woolwich
Highbury
Rocastle
Liam Brady
George Graham
Ted Drake
Pat Rice
Perry Groves
Cliff Bastin
Alex James
Martin Keown
Paul Merson
Marc Overmars
Robert Pires
Canon
David Dein
Whittaker
Mclintock
Alan Smith
Bertie Mee
Rock Section
Powerhouses
Invincibles
David Seamen
Freddie Ljunberg
Sol Campbell
Sylvinho
Emannuel Petit
Giles Grimandi
Michael Thomas
Lee Dixon

The ball is in your court tell me what you think but we just see this as a really good oppurtunity to get things changed. Please reply Thank you

Ben Hunt, and thousands of other gooners.

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

Too right! Doubt anything will happen till the end of the season though. You know how long these things take to happen

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

I know people are going to ask, y did i post it?. he tried to copy and paste it, but didnt work, so he sent it to my email address, and i copied and pasted it for him, so ovuously all the praise goes to ben-gooner14.

I would like to take time also to say well done instead of posting about a million different times, so well done mate and i hope that arsenal do take further action and we have names and history all over the ground......NEXT UP, THE ANTHEM. :D

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

Yes i would like to confirm what Adam has said and say thank u for getting it on the forum.

Thanks chums.

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Yeah congratulations Ben-Gooner14... a great idea and if successful will prove what can be achieved through fans coming together on a forum with a shared goal and enough willpower.

Definately would be in favour of the orange quadrant being named after Bergy The Iceman!

Cant wait to hear the old "We're the North Bank, We're the North Bank..." song being sung at the Grove. Might even work for each of the quadrants - ie "We're the Chapman, We're the Chapman..."! Just an idea.

Would be great to hear all four quadrants taking it in turn to stand up and sing their name, 360 degrees of Gooners in surround sound!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I agree fully.

What do we sing when we get to the "We're the North Bank High-bury" bit though? I ain't singing "We're the North Bank Emi-rates" :evil: ! And I don't think the club would be too fond of us singing "We're the North Bank Ash-burton!" :wink:

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

that would be great, common u gunners!!!!

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

DB10GOONER Wrote:
What do we sing when we get to the "We're the North Bank High-bury" bit though? I ain't singing "We're the North Bank Emi-rates" ! And I don't think the club would be too fond of us singing "We're the North Bank Ash-burton!"
My personal choice would be to still sing "High-bu-ry" - it's still our spiritual home (if that doesnt sound too "French") and we're still in the same area. But "Ashburton" or "at the Grove" could work. The club might not be too keen as you say but ultimately the fans are gonna call the stadium whatever they want to call it... the San Siro is really officially called the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.

I dont really mind what the last line is, whatever everybody feels happiest singing is fine with me... I just love that song. The last time i got to sit in the North Bank was at Keown's testimonial so I havent had a chance to sing it for a long time!

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

I would also like to say thank you to Tony Saunders who idea it was to put it into a petition

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

Got a reply today email has been given to Kieth Eldeman

rambo

Post by rambo »

If the club accepts the changes in stand names, when will they implement them?

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

I do not have a clue, i know as much as you know on it. I'll have to wait for a reply and tell you from there.