Sagna and..

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mrmage

Sagna and..

Post by mrmage »

Theory - If Sagna is coming, and Eboue can't defend, maybe Eboue is going to become the right mid? What you reckon? I know he can cross a ball, but not quite so sure about running at people..

RaM

Post by RaM »

I can see it happening. Eboue is always dangerous when he gets in and around the box.

He can cross or shoot, so might be alright, specially if we lose other midfielders to injury.

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

did you not see the way he played at shite fart lame this season when we was 2-0 down coming of the bench! Him and Hleb changed the game for us. Eboue played right wing that night him and Hoiyte played well together

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TheOne2Smooth wrote:did you not see the way he played at shite fart lame this season when we was 2-0 down coming of the bench! Him and Hleb changed the game for us. Eboue played right wing that night him and Hoiyte played well together
Yeah he did the job that night! :lol:

His problems seem to be mostly defensive so why not try him as a winger? He can certainly run AND cross.

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

I remember at half time saying to my cousin who we got on the bench to change the game? Eboue and Hleb can't change the game hahahaha and the rest is history

augie

Post by augie »

While I wouldn't be adverse to trying out Eboue at ring wing, I wouldn't want to be playing Hoyte at right back because he is a player that I have little faith in. I know we all want to see the homegrown players come through but only if they are good enough and in my opinion hoyte is not. On top of that I would feel that yet again we would be trying to do things on the cheap...if Arsene feels unhappy with his options on the wing then he should buy a proper winger(queresma please) instead of trying to convert yet another player to a new position.

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

I would rather Hoyte than Eboue anyday of the week! Eboue goes to ground so easy and sometimes without the add of foul, dare I say it he CHEATS sometimes there I said it!

GoonerBen

Post by GoonerBen »

Hoytes limited and i agree with augie when he says wer doing things on the cheap with hoyte, however his attitude seems spot on, not a chest beater but an honest player and he clearly loves playing for arsenal, whereas eboues attitude stinks however good (not defensively :( ) he is

REB

Post by REB »

2 be honest i hope we sign a good right back. i like jh and agree hes got a good attiude. edoue doesnt do it, and the way he throws himself 2 the groud is just not fitting 4 an arsenal player,, he was brillant in the spuds match so maybe le boss see,s him in that role :oops:

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

Hoyte is a Arsenal fan as a child he will play with pride in that shirt, He knows about the club and the history, (so did cashley BumColio) but I honestly know this guy and he doesnt have the chip on the shoulder as Cashley BumColio had.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

I fully support Hoyte, he made not be the greatest but he puts the effort in and given a run of games could improve to be the player we want.

Don't forget Arsene let Ralph go because he considered JH good enough. You think of the good young players that didn't get much of a chance, so JH must have the potential to be an arsenal regular which the likes of Pennant/Bentley didn't and look how good they became after getting regular games.