Old gits terrace legends

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
greatgooner

Post by greatgooner »

corkbarry wrote:Ye sound like Ravens next to me the Peacock.

I had hand painted Platform shoes which made me over 6 feet tall(i'm 5"9)
A big collared green shirt with white circles and a huge white silk tie.
My trouser were maroon flares which were Skin tight from the waist up and left nothing to the imagination :oops:
On either side of the zip were two small pockets. I had a gold pocket watch with a chain, one end in one pocket and the watch in the other with the chain hanging across my crotch.
O the times i was asked "is that a watch in your pocket or are you just glad to see me" :lol:

BTW, I never saw an ounce of trouble at THOF in the sixties :idea: :idea: :shock:
So you were jealous of **** and his two inches then. :wink: :lol:

charliegeorgewhocanhitem

Post by charliegeorgewhocanhitem »

olgitgooner wrote:Good link, Ken. :D

As far as fashion revivals go, it's a non-starter. Would you like your mrs to come home from the hairdressers with a similar style to those young ladies.

And would you ever consider growing extra-large sideburns again? :lol:

Oh I never had the sideburns K lol. Original skinhead fashions were the earliest ones I followed in the early 70s but was a bit too young to be there at the heyday in the late 60s so would'nt have been able to grow the sideburns even if I'd have wanted to lol. I quite like the skinhead girl look, also liked the girl punk look. As my other half is in her mid 40s she might look a tad odd if she went for the skinhead girl look :shock: :lol: and an Aussie too, they're too busy pissing about on beaches, having barbies and losing the ashes to us to be bothered about quality fashion anyway :lol: :lol:
You can't beat a bit Of Toots And The Maytals can yer :wink:

charliegeorgewhocanhitem

Exiled-Gooner wrote::D Memory lane going on here and it's great,i had the crombie with red hanky,frank wright loafers and the rest of the gear.Didn't have a tonic as not a suit person always thought there were for snobby skins,didn't have the dyed jeans neither,Had me brothers harrington.

There was one thing i always wanted but could never get(big cock was one)but how many of you old skins had the old lamb-chops?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSrbqqfn ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ImEGJe ... re=related

Always remember going to local youth clubs listening and trying to dance :( in the 70's to these....happy days :D :D

Great couple of links :D I still have a very battered old vinyl copy of The Skinhead Moonstomp album, purchased from the bargain bucket in WH Smiths for about 39p circa 1973 :lol:

BIG RADDY

Post by BIG RADDY »

When I went to skool all those moons ago I used to spend all my money on clothes.
To skool I used to wear a white Ben Sherman, Sta-Press trousers, Levi jean jacket and loafers on me feet, ha ha and usually white socks.
Some skool uniform that is lol
I had a white round collared shirt with all the disney characters on it,fucked if I be seen dead in it now.
Then we moved on to the "skinners" trousers usually white or denim with Ben Sherman and braces.
Then it was the 3-buttoned waist-band trousers with pockets in the lower leg but I remember going one better and had a 10 button waistband..........eat ya heart out Simon Cowell.

AYE BY GUM..................Those were the days

BIG RADDY

Post by BIG RADDY »

Another trip down memory lane...........
I had a push bike that i swapped for a pair of brogues and then I painted them Red & White ha ha
I later swapped the shoes for David Bowie Album, Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders Form Mars

charliegeorgewhocanhitem

BIG RADDY wrote:When I went to skool all those moons ago I used to spend all my money on clothes.
To skool I used to wear a white Ben Sherman, Sta-Press trousers, Levi jean jacket and loafers on me feet, ha ha and usually white socks.
Some skool uniform that is lol
I had a white round collared shirt with all the disney characters on it,fucked if I be seen dead in it now.
Then we moved on to the "skinners" trousers usually white or denim with Ben Sherman and braces.
Then it was the 3-buttoned waist-band trousers with pockets in the lower leg but I remember going one better and had a 10 button waistband..........eat ya heart out Simon Cowell.

A Levi jacket, Sta Prest trousers and dms were pretty much my school uniform too 8) By 72/73, virtually everyone had long hair so we were called "boot boys" rather than skins. Used to change into those high waist band things and dodgy shirts if you were taking a young lady out in the evening but I always felt more comfortable in Levi's, jeans or sta prest :lol:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

charliegeorgewhocanhitem wrote:
BIG RADDY wrote:When I went to school all those moons ago I used to spend all my money on clothes.
To school I used to wear a white Ben Sherman, Sta-Press trousers, Levi jean jacket and loafers on me feet, ha ha and usually white socks.
Some school uniform that is lol
I had a white round collared shirt with all the Disney characters on it,fucked if I be seen dead in it now.

A Levi jacket, Sta Prest trousers and dms were pretty much my school uniform too 8) By 72/73, virtually everyone had long hair so we were called "boot boys" rather than skins. Used to change into those high waist band things and dodgy shirts if you were taking a young lady out in the evening but I always felt more comfortable in Levi's, jeans or sta prest :lol:
:lol:

This thread is rapidly becoming very embarrassing, lads we had great taste in clothes in our youth :lol:

Exiled-Gooner

Post by Exiled-Gooner »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CKcLS0M ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ORhNLMY ... re=related

Window check ben shermans,brutus jeans,thin braces and feather cuts..
...there were indeed happy days.... :D

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

i wish i was old enough to be a proper skin :(

Rob

Post by Rob »

Exiled-Gooner wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CKcLS0M ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ORhNLMY ... re=related

Window check ben shermans,brutus jeans,thin braces and feather cuts..
...there were indeed happy days.... :D

Quality ! In the 1975 (ish) period I used to negotiate the North Bank Terrace in Stack Heeled Platforms with wide flared jeans. :? 8)

I looked like something out of a Glam Rock band - at least from the waist down !

No abusive remarks please ! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Exiled-Gooner

Post by Exiled-Gooner »

My uncle(R.I.P) who use to live in tufnell pk use to tell me about going's on at highbury and away,1st generation skin and staunch gooner,but never in front of me mum(you all know why)he has mentioned johnny Hoy and a few others but like most my memory ain't so hot(due to road accident).
I think he said something about him wearing a butchers coat?to games and my uncle use to laugh at stories of firms so-called''conquests''.He use to say''the way the media write you think there won the 2nd world war'' or the books about the ICF and Headhunters are well over the top,he said there always seem to forget to mention in these books etc that against us there come of worse and the only reason there can say there ''took'' the North Bank is there were in the ground at fuckin 1 o'clock or 2hrs before anyone arrived.

My 1st real actual taste of football trouble was in 76/77 against chavski in the league cup-we won 2-1-i was 12 and me and me mates had to go into the North Bank(one of only 4/5 times i wasn't able to get into the clockend)and i think half hour before kick off a load of chavski's came in from the right side of the bank into the upper stand.Well fuck me i was scared but a exciting scared if you know what i mean,the Gooners then fought these c**ts and pushed them all the way back some falling down the steps it was fucking great and the coppers came in swinging the old truncheon hitting anyone and i do mean anyone as some poor sod innocently standing and watching got a good smack on the noggin.

After that i see at the clockend a wave go towards the chavski and the singing started''Your'e never take the North Bank'' and ''Clockend do your job''.I then,after that experience,got a p/t job just to go to watch the Arsenal every game instead of waiting for me pocket money and going to home games only.Like i said happy days then :lol: and the stories my uncle told me probably made me more proud to be a gooner.

Exiled-Gooner

Post by Exiled-Gooner »

:x Football specials-no toilet,1 bulb per carriage,benches for seats as coverings ripped off the week before,smelling of piss,drink and vomit and guaranteed return journey a few windows missing.Everyone packed in like cattle and the air was like a fog as the time it took to get anywhere you all smoked 20 fags.THAT'S WHY IT WAS CHEAP but great :lol: .

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

The most pleasant thread I've read on this board... :barscarf:

ronniejotten

Post by ronniejotten »

Hi everyone

I remember a couple of hooligans from the early-mid 70's. Mickey King and the leader of the youth firm Bobby Scrutton (little Highbury). Anyone else remember them? I was never a hooligan myself but i was a very keen supporter of the club in the 70's. I knew Denton from my Blackstock Road days, he had a harder brother called Lee John.

Postman

Post by Postman »