ARSENAL LONGEST RUN WITHOUT A TROPHY FOR ALMOST 25 YEARS

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER

ARSENAL LONGEST RUN WITHOUT A TROPHY FOR ALMOST 25 YEARS

Post by Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER »

It true.

the longest Arsenal have and will be with out a trophy since the 1979 FA cup final win and the 1987 League cup Final win.

1987 League Cup
1989 League
1991 League
1993 FA & League Cup
1994 Cup Winners Cup
1998 League & FA Cup
2002 League & FA Cup
2003 FA cup
2004 League
2005 FA Cup

ITS GOING TO BE FIVE YEARS IF WERE LUCKY TO WIN ANYTHING NEXT SEASON.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

We will not win a trophy next year,The Carling is a youth cup.Wenger doesnt take the FA cup seriously,leave our best player out in the semi.And in the CL and the prem not fucking good enough

Calo

Post by Calo »

next time i see

in arsena we trust banner i'll start a riot

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

I think that tells you a lot of how far we have come though.

At the start of the year AW thinks realistically of only two trophies. The league and the CL.

The other two he could give or take. So could I. They are not that great shakes are they really? Say we had won the CC for the last two years the media would still be saying we hadn't won a real trophy for 5 years. Almost the same with FA Cup but we'd get a bit more props.

Even now when they say no one remembers the losers every *word censored* can't wait to point out we shouldn't have won the FA Cup in 05.

Fuck em all, it's media poison. As per.

:awnker:

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

And do you think the board will change anything?

will they bollox

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

enjibenji wrote:And do you think the board will change anything?

will they bollox

The truth is our fucking board our happy with a manager who gets the team to finish 4th.There needs to be a big shake up at the club

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

there wont be though

GunnerDude

Post by GunnerDude »

donaldo wrote:
enjibenji wrote:And do you think the board will change anything?

will they bollox

The truth is our fucking board our happy with a manager who gets the team to finish 4th.There needs to be a big shake up at the club
Dont mind a shake up as long as we dont act like barcode fans and send our club to shit

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

I've said this before and I'm going to say it again:-

Boot Pat (yes man) Rice, somewhere else within the club

GET:-

Someone like Dennis Bergkamp as the new 2

(a different vision, view and perspective) (Possibly to take over AW within a season's time)

As Goonerdude say's SIMPLES......

:barscarf:

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

I still think cup is half full.

I think we will be flogging AdeCashWhore in the summer for as much as we can.

The cash has to go to strengthening the defence, especially in the middle, which has been shown up against Man Ure and the Chavs.

One criticism of Wenger is that he has neglected the back 5 over the years. Almunia is a sound keeper, but be honest, the kind of guy we want as a back up. We want a keeper worthy of the top 4, and as Clough once said ' a fair few quid on a keeper pays for itself in clean sheets and points'. I think GG felt the same when he replaced Lukic with Seaman.

Kiki

Post by Kiki »

:banghead:

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Cus Geezer wrote:I still think cup is half full.

The cash has to go to strengthening the defence, especially in the middle, which has been shown up against Man Ure and the Chavs.

One criticism of Wenger is that he has neglected the back 5 over the years. Almunia is a sound keeper, but be honest, the kind of guy we want as a back up. We want a keeper worthy of the top 4, and as Clough once said ' a fair few quid on a keeper pays for itself in clean sheets and points'. I think GG felt the same when he replaced Lukic with Seaman.
I bet he won't. (I hope he does though) It would be just the stubborn thing that AW won't do, is sell this lazy greedy busted flush of a *word censored*.....

Kevinho

Post by Kevinho »

Who'd buy him?

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

franksav63 wrote:
Cus Geezer wrote:I still think cup is half full.

I bet he won't. (I hope he does though) It would be just the stubborn thing that AW won't do, is sell this lazy greedy busted flush of a c**t.....
D'you know what though.

CashWhore is the kind of player that GG would have deemed 'thought he was doing you a favour player for us' - the type he'd seek to get rid of immediately regardless of consequence. GG even did this with Keown, which took some brass neck.

Wenger, though I'm his biggest fan, doesn't seem to do the same and from Anelka in '99 onwards looks to keep them no matter what, which might not be the best thing considering all factors.

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Kevinho wrote:Who'd buy him?
I don't care Kevin, I just want the *word censored* away from our proud club, we don't need his sort (to quote a phrase) (i.e. an uninterested lazy tosser)