Adeybayor "Goodbye" chant for last home match

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
kgw129

Adeybayor "Goodbye" chant for last home match

Post by kgw129 »

I have a suggestion for a chant that the Arsenal fans could sing to Adeybayor at the last home match on Saturday to tell that greedy, lazy, useless, lethargic lump of s**t what we all think of him and to leave him in no doubt that we do not want him at OUR club next season. It is based on the "Give Him The Ball And He Will Score" chant and goes:

Adeybayor!

Adeybayor!

F**k Off You C**t - We Don't Want You No More!

What do other fans think?

I think that it is also important that no other player is singled out at the last home match for abuse because Adeybayor is the only player in the squad who truly deserves it and because Arsenal fans should not get a reputation as fans who abuse their own players.

The abuse that players such as Eboue primarily, but also Diaby and Bendtner at times, have had this season has been a poor show from Arsenal fans in my opinion. So they are not the greatest players ever to play for Arsenal but they are certainly not the worst and Eboue and Bendtner in particular nearly always play with a bit of effort which is more than can be said for Adeybayor.

I think that this type of abuse is more likely as a result of frustration with the team in general but which manifests itself in the abuse of individual players who just happen to make a couple of misplaced passes at the wrong time. In which case the abuse should be directed at the Manager because they are his players and if the fans really think that they ARE that bad then it is the managers fault for picking them in the first place! But within a few minutes the fans will be chanting "There Is Only One Arsene Wenger" which just does not make sense!

This type of abuse is not at all helpfull as the player concerned just completely loses his confidence and as a result is unwilling to try anything out of the ordinary in case he makes a mistake and/or makes more unforced errors provoking more abuse, like Eboue in that home match where Wenger had to take him off, therefore almost turning them into the bad player that they are being abused for.

As for Adeybayor - lets tell him what we all think of him at the last home match!

bigreddave

Post by bigreddave »

My personal favorite is "give him the ball, he´ll do fuck all! :evil:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Re: Adeybayor "Goodbye" chant for last home match

Post by franksav63 »

kgw129 wrote:I have a suggestion for a chant that the Arsenal fans could sing to Adeybayor at the last home match on Saturday to tell that greedy, lazy, useless, lethargic lump of s**t what we all think of him and to leave him in no doubt that we do not want him at OUR club next season. It is based on the "Give Him The Ball And He Will Score" chant and goes:

Adeybayor!

Adeybayor!

F**k Off You C**t - We Don't Want You No More!

What do other fans think?

I think that it is also important that no other player is singled out at the last home match for abuse because Adeybayor is the only player in the squad who truly deserves it and because Arsenal fans should not get a reputation as fans who abuse their own players.

The abuse that players such as Eboue primarily, but also Diaby and Bendtner at times, have had this season has been a poor show from Arsenal fans in my opinion. So they are not the greatest players ever to play for Arsenal but they are certainly not the worst and Eboue and Bendtner in particular nearly always play with a bit of effort which is more than can be said for Adeybayor.

I think that this type of abuse is more likely as a result of frustration with the team in general but which manifests itself in the abuse of individual players who just happen to make a couple of misplaced passes at the wrong time. In which case the abuse should be directed at the Manager because they are his players and if the fans really think that they ARE that bad then it is the managers fault for picking them in the first place! But within a few minutes the fans will be chanting "There Is Only One Arsene Wenger" which just does not make sense!

This type of abuse is not at all helpfull as the player concerned just completely loses his confidence and as a result is unwilling to try anything out of the ordinary in case he makes a mistake and/or makes more unforced errors provoking more abuse, like Eboue in that home match where Wenger had to take him off, therefore almost turning them into the bad player that they are being abused for.

As for Adeybayor - lets tell him what we all think of him at the last home match!
Welcome KGW129, good first post... great song, I like it...

:barscarf:

digger

Post by digger »

Like it.... :lol:

I'd love to see him cry.

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

i wonder if he will be anywhere in the stadium let alone in the squad. Maybe he has a few appointments of an urgent private nature that he has been given permission not to attend the game. In short a cop out

projoe

Post by projoe »

theres no chance of him being in the squad, what if he got injured. well, i suppose he would have to do a bit of running to get injured so that rules that out, so you never know. :)

yourshighburylly

Post by yourshighburylly »

:banghead: I hope there are no such negative chants because, whatever we may think, Arsene will not be impressed & I for one reckon he (Arsene) is the BEST thing to have happened to our club, & I would trust him to know when a player should move on or not. I think Arsene would see it as an attack on him & with Real Madrid showing interest, only "Arsene knows" where he will be next year!! And if Arsene goes,do you honestly expect Cesc, Robin & co. to not be tempted? Please think about it for the good of our GREAT club- we are THE ARSENAL & I want us to remain on Arsene's course as it is THE only one for this club. Wake Up :banghead:

gooner88

Post by gooner88 »

i think its a great idea .. .. .. if you want Wenger and other players to follow Adebayor out the door, maybe a better idea would actually be to be positive and support the TEAM and the manager, theres been enough negative sh*t this season !
C'mon the Arse :barscarf:

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

perhaps we could all wave a white hanky with Ade,s face on it :lol:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

yourshighburylly wrote::banghead: I hope there are no such negative chants because, whatever we may think, Arsene will not be impressed & I for one reckon he (Arsene) is the BEST thing to have happened to our club, & I would trust him to know when a player should move on or not. I think Arsene would see it as an attack on him & with Real Madrid showing interest, only "Arsene knows" where he will be next year!! And if Arsene goes,do you honestly expect Cesc, Robin & co. to not be tempted? Please think about it for the good of our GREAT club- we are THE ARSENAL & I want us to remain on Arsene's course as it is THE only one for this club. Wake Up :banghead:

Sorry but thats bollocks.

There was an Arsenal before his arrival and there will still be an Arsenal after he has gone.

I would suggest that you take a reality pill.

Big_G

Post by Big_G »

its things like this that wrecks the club, you are supposed to f*cking support your team and not pick away at it. :banghead: :roll:

we all know ade has not had the best of seasons and at times has looked "lazy", maybe disheartened cos his own fans boo him and sing negative songs about him.

Some people take criticism in different ways and maybe you are putting Ade down, where Eboue's boos gave him a pick me up, but either way, we should not be booing or singing negative songs. support the team you supposidly love ffs. :barscarf:

kgw129

Post by kgw129 »

I don't think it really matters whether Adeybayor is actually playing or in the squad for the last home match, although the chant would obviously work better if he was, because if it is sung loudly and often enough then it will get reported in the press or be heard on Match Of The Day and therefore Adeybayor will get to hear about it somehow.

I am supporting the club which is why I want Adeybayor out of it. Our best spell of the season was when he was out injured, which I do not think is any coincidence, so the team in my opinion will perform far better next season with him out of the way. When he came back into the team after injury we started losing again. This is not to mention how he held the club to ransom last summer. He should have been sold and cashed in on then. Lets make sure that Wenger does not make the same mistake this summer.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

jamjc64 wrote:perhaps we could all wave a white hanky with Ade,s face on it :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Nicely done

"We don't need you no more...we don't need you no more...Adebayor...we don't need you no more"

or, for the more postive amongst us....

"We've got the best player... in the world
We've got the best player... in the world
We've got the best player...in the world
We've got the best player in the world...ADE!"

:shock: 8)

ohhh, and poor little ade who is upset with all the chanting may do well to remember how this all started.

:twisted:

WHL-71-04

Post by WHL-71-04 »

Yeah that would be a cracking idea.

I'm sure the rest of the players will like nothing more than hearing one of their team-mates being destroyed by his own fans.

It will obviously also make Wenger that much more determined to stay after hearing such wonderful, vocal support.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

As projoe above said it's pretty much irrelevant, he won't be anywhere near the ground on Sunday.