What's On The Turntable???

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
OneBardGooner

What's On The Turntable???

Post by OneBardGooner »

Don't know about you fellow ( and fellowess) :wink: Gooners, But I've usually got some sounds/music going on while I'm on ere....Do you have a fave album/track that you play or is it pick n mix - My mood changes daily/hourly...I usually come on when I get home from work and unwind..Yesteday it was AC/DC Black Ice - Tonight it's Bob Marley & The Wailers 'Catch a Fire'....

So what's yer poison??

:shower:

ds

Post by ds »

I like all types of music except that crap heavy metal sort of shite.

At the moment I have Eminems Relapse, but strangely enough earlier I had Bob Marleys Rastaman Vibration on. Just got a new turntable and so am able to listen to all my old vinyl............ah the memories!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ds wrote:I like all types of music except that crap heavy metal sort of shite.

At the moment I have Eminems Relapse, but strangely enough earlier I had Bob Marleys Rastaman Vibration on. Just got a new turntable and so am able to listen to all my old vinyl............ah the memories!
yeah know what you mean CD's are piss easy to play or MP3's etc - But vinyl (scratches, clicks, jumps and all) has that magic warmth to it....

Time for some Motown :teeth:

ds

Post by ds »

OneBardGooner wrote:
ds wrote:I like all types of music except that crap heavy metal sort of shite.

yeah know what you mean CD's are piss easy to play or MP3's etc - But vinyl (scratches, clicks, jumps and all) has that magic warmth to it....

Time for some Motown :teeth:
Ooooh Motown, bloke/bird after my own heart mate. Not yet got all my vinyl from my mums, looking forward to some smooth soulful sounds, ska, reggae, skinhead moonstomp

Reg Niseth

Post by Reg Niseth »

Been playing loads of stuff the last couple of days trying to put together a whole days worth of music for a party at the weekend.

Varied ages and tastes of partygoers. Listened too a bit of Matt Munro, the singing bus driver . . . in all seriousness he could belt out a tune.

Finished off with toots and the Maytals.

ds

Post by ds »

Reg Niseth wrote:Been playing loads of stuff the last couple of days trying to put together a whole days worth of music for a party at the weekend.

Varied ages and tastes of partygoers. Listened too a bit of Matt Munro, the singing bus driver . . . in all seriousness he could belt out a tune.

Finished off with toots and the Maytals.
8)

Evening Reg honey

Reg Niseth

Post by Reg Niseth »

Evenin Kaf, how's ya luck?

ds

Post by ds »

Reg Niseth wrote:Evenin Kaf, how's ya luck?
Good ta, wrist much better elbow taking a bit longer to heal. Got a day off tomorrow 8) working all weekend :banghead:

What about you? Business going well I hope

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Led Zep imo the best ever group to grace a stage and before my time, you need to listen to a lot of their stuff to appreciate the blues side.

motown is great, love Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, temptations, Diana Ross & The Supremes, The Four Tops, etc.

Was a skinhead (peaceful type) when younger so loved all the specials, the selector, beat, madness, 2 tone and ska was happening.

Bob Marley is great too, bought my missus a complete picture disc set of his early stuff recently, great stuff

love kings of leon, have all their albums, hope they don't go all poppy though.

basically love all types even classical, have not counted cd's. vinyls for a while but would be well over a thousand, fuck that is a lot of monies worth, have hundreds of 12" singles too (those were the days) love music but have bought the odd album based on one hit record and the other 10 songs are shit, all been there haven't we? :o

ds

Post by ds »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:Led Zep imo the best ever group to grace a stage and before my time, you need to listen to a lot of their stuff to appreciate the blues side.

motown is great, love Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, temptations, Diana Ross & The Supremes, The Four Tops, etc.

Was a skinhead (non-peaceful type) when younger so loved all the specials, the selector, beat, madness, 2 tone and ska was happening.

Bob Marley is great too, bought my missus a complete picture disc set of his early stuff recently, great stuff

basically love all types even classical, have not counted cd's. vinyls for a while but would be well over a thousand, fuck that is a lot of monies worth, have hundreds of 12" singles too (those were the days) love music but have bought the odd album based on one hit record and the other 10 songs are shit, all been there haven't we? :o
Me too 8)

LeftfootlegendGooner

ds wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:Led Zep imo the best ever group to grace a stage and before my time, you need to listen to a lot of their stuff to appreciate the blues side.

Was a skinhead (non-peaceful type) when younger so loved all the specials, the selector, beat, madness, 2 tone and ska was happening.

Me too 8)
mmmmmm......you sure, seem quite aggressive to me :cry:

ds

Post by ds »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
ds wrote:

Me too 8)
Who me?? Never, I'm all mouth mate. Btw the amendment of your post went un-noticed did it :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

ds wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
ds wrote:

Me too 8)
Who me?? Never, I'm all mouth mate. Btw the amendment of your post went un-noticed did it :lol:
no course not, that was irony, well an attempt anyway :D and you are aggressive :( you scare me

ds

Post by ds »

Yeah right :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

ds wrote:Yeah right :lol:
?

you are my nemesis aren't you?

You are from the dark side and i must trust in the force :lol:
Last edited by LeftfootlegendGooner on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.