Bar Scarves

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonari

Bar Scarves

Post by goonari »

Hello.

First thread.

I read a good few posts on other threads regarding singing and standing,
you know being told to sit down and shut up. Etc, Etc.

Someone also mentioned holding scarves up, I noticed this in the red action
section on sunday and from where i sit (block 18 oppisite corner) it looked
very good, especially the red and white bar scarves.

So i thought why don`t we all start doing this, especially at the start of the game and begining of the second half when the team comes out,you can be sitting on your own,with a few mates or a great mob of you, and nobody can tell you to sit down or shut up.

And eventually (hopefully) it will catch on, and all us little dots around the ground will get bigger and join up and it will look f***ing awesome.

So what do you think, worst way's at least you might see where a few fellow online gooners sit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rilo II

Post by Rilo II »

Yeah it does look great. Would be nice to see it catch on in the stadium but unless the club were so kind to provide the scarves like chelsea do with flags, I doubt it'll ever take off.

REB

Post by REB »

Rilo II wrote:Yeah it does look great. Would be nice to see it catch on in the stadium but unless the club were so kind to provide the scarves like chelsea do with flags, I doubt it'll ever take off.
doesnt everyone own at least one arsenal scarf ,, :shock:

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

i own
6 :lol:

Rilo II

Post by Rilo II »

rebel gooner wrote:
Rilo II wrote:Yeah it does look great. Would be nice to see it catch on in the stadium but unless the club were so kind to provide the scarves like chelsea do with flags, I doubt it'll ever take off.
doesnt everyone own at least one arsenal scarf ,, :shock:
probably, but I don't see anyone being ableto coordinate everyone bringing oneto the same match, so the club providing them would be the only way to make it happen on a huge scale

REB

Post by REB »

then people take the scarfs home and never bring them back,, our else the guys who get there early will pick up one or two extra,, all the club hav 2 do is ask in the program or email there members and ask them and tell them this is goin 2 happen

stats

Post by stats »

I own 9 & i want alot more to come lol
But you've got to admit £7 is abit dear for one on matchdays 7 they still haven't put a sale on them (the stalls)
In the furture i will ask upon some lol
Got the red & white one on Sunday which a fiver was great for
Always wanted a red & white one & this one looks the bollocks

RaM

Post by RaM »

Even I have a scarf!

And I don't even have any chance to wear it!

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Look if your going to put the word "bar" in the title please at least try and talk about booze!!!

Anyhow I have to admit I don't own an arsenal scarf! I have a hat and some socks but no scarf!

The shame!

Its a good idea and I would like to see it happen!

However I'm not paying 7 quid for something my mum can knit!

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

This is turning into the online missionary gooner!

I think if I am given a scarf, I will strangle the PA announcer.

For me, this is a joke when talking about creating atmosphere. It might look good on TV though, so I bet Edelman would love it. Quick, tell him!

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

I've got a scarf but not a bar one, my cousin has one though.

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

Galasso wrote:This is turning into the online missionary gooner!..
Would be better if it was the 'on-line missionary position' forum instead, don't you think? :oops: 8) :lol:

I've just heard Gus's voice in my head saying: 'well as far as Magic Hat is concerned, it already probably is!!' :roll: :lol: :wink: :lol:

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Eboue Can't Defend wrote:
Galasso wrote:This is turning into the online missionary gooner!..
Would be better if it was the 'on-line missionary position' forum instead, don't you think? :oops: 8) :lol:

I've just heard Gus's voice in my head saying: 'well as far as Magic Hat is concerned, it already probably is!!' :roll: :lol: :wink: :lol:
Well, on Gus' wedding night...

goonari

Post by goonari »

gallaso wrote
this is a joke way of building an atmosphere.

I disagree we have to start building the atmosphere up, and getting more people involved. Also some people can't shout and sing because they are either shy or emmbarrassed (or have got a gob full of prawns).

On the the point of buying scarf, just stick a quid on the cost of a shirt
and stick a scarve in with it. Or put a scarf in the members pack every season (do they do this anyway).