THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Bradywasking

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by Bradywasking »

Was at a brilliant Gary Numan gig in Cork last night, got home at 5am full of ale but had a great evening . Not a massive Gary Numan fan, always liked him but the brother is a fanatic so went along with him.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

First time I have ever walked out on a gig I have paid for. Black Star Riders brilliant band, Whitesnake Excellent show as always, the headliners Def Leppard - What the feck has gone wrong? Absolutely terrible really didn't rate them left after 3 songs. Not impressed at all really disappointed. :banghead: :cry:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

I bought the "Nothing but Thieves" cd over Christmas. Slightly "emo" but gets better with each listen.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

storrmin571 wrote:First time I have ever walked out on a gig I have paid for. Black Star Riders brilliant band, Whitesnake Excellent show as always, the headliners Def Leppard - What the feck has gone wrong? Absolutely terrible really didn't rate them left after 3 songs. Not impressed at all really disappointed. :banghead: :cry:
Planet Rock play their new song all the time,It's fucking shite,the lyrics are embarrassing.....

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Should see them live to really cringe and think how can you go from Pyromania and Hysteria to shite.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

storrmin571 wrote:Should see them live to really cringe and think how can you go from Pyromania and Hysteria to shite.
Usually with too much money, too much time on their hands (boredom) and of course drugs, alcohol and groupies/hookers. Just another band who - like our glorious manager - are way past their sell-by date. :? Hope the tickets weren't too expensive mate.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Birthday present from the wife. Worth seeing Black Star Riders and Whitesnake for £50. Leppard were co headlining and weren't worth the booking fee

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

storrmin571 wrote:Birthday present from the wife. Worth seeing Black Star Riders and Whitesnake for £50. Leppard were co headlining and weren't worth the booking fee
Let it go, mate. Let it go. :D

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Guns N Roses to reunite. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

storrmin571 wrote:Guns N Roses to reunite. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Well 3 of them anyway.. :oops:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Was hoping for Izzy and Matt to be included. Don't like Steven Adler

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

storrmin571 wrote:Was hoping for Izzy and Matt to be included. Don't like Steven Adler
No Izzy = no deal.

Yes, Adler is crap (plus he can barely speak now); but he kinda suited their style.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

officepest wrote:
storrmin571 wrote:Was hoping for Izzy and Matt to be included. Don't like Steven Adler
No Izzy = no deal.

Yes, Adler is crap (plus he can barely speak now); but he kinda suited their style.
Like: No Franksav = No banner?

:? :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

officepest wrote:
No Izzy = no deal.

I actually always preferred Adler to Sorum. Adler was a rock n roll drummer, Sorum is a technical drummer. GnR were a loose rock n roll band so Adler deffo suited their style, particularly the Appetite stuff. But last I saw of him he could barely keep time after his drug fueled stroke. :|

Be interesting to see how long the reunion lasts... :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

storrmin571 wrote:Should see them live to really cringe and think how can you go from Pyromania and Hysteria to shite.
I think the problem is they can't cut it anymore with the harmony vocals. As they get older singers find it harder to hit those high notes as their range reduces. Last time I saw Leppard live Joe Elliot was screeching like a bitch trying to hit those notes. It was embarrassing. :oops: :oops: