THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
storrmin571

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by storrmin571 »

Rory Gallagher - Wow - heard of him but never listened properly. Just playing the essential collection on spotify :barscarf:

NickF

Post by NickF »

storrmin571 wrote:Axl Rose confirmed as temporary lead singer for AC/DC. Part of me is thinking wtf hell no, but i also think lets have a look it may not be that bad. Kind of know what rubber necks looking at a car crash feels like now. Its not going to be a good sight but ill have to watch anyway.
The whole of is thinking "WTF Hell No". I no desire to see Axl Rose Singing for AC/DC.
The unfortunate thing is that as the tour is going ahead there is probably going to be no refunds.

I like Axl in GnR, although the weren't actually that good live IMO.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So has Brian Johnson retired for good?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

AC/DC one of The Best Live bands ever...Love all their albums too......

Angus !

Angus !

Angus !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:So has Brian Johnson retired for good?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

AC/DC one of The Best Live bands ever...Love all their albums too......

Angus !

Angus !

Angus !

Seen so many great gigs over the years so it changes from time to time, but at present the best live bands I ever saw were AC/Dc in Dublin in 82 and 96, Van Halen at Donnington in 84, and Iron Maiden at Donnington in 92 when Ade Smith joined them onstage for (I think) "Running Free". :stearmaster: :drums: :stearmaster:

I saw GnR in Slane in 92 and they were shit tbh, poor sound, one guitar deffo slightly out of tune for most of it, and they were blown off stage by Faith No More. Axl was also going through his "turn up 2 hours late then change clothes 22 times during gig" phase. Huge let down. :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

storrmin571 wrote:Rory Gallagher - Wow - heard of him but never listened properly. Just playing the essential collection on spotify :barscarf:
He was a brilliant player. And brilliant live too. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

storrmin571 wrote:Axl Rose confirmed as temporary lead singer for AC/DC. Part of me is thinking wtf hell no, but i also think lets have a look it may not be that bad. Kind of know what rubber necks looking at a car crash feels like now. Its not going to be a good sight but ill have to watch anyway.
Deffo gonna be car crash stuff. :lol:

Not sure how to take it tbh. Love GnR and Axl's voice. Love AC/DC and Johnson's voice. I suppose they are in the same register so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for Axl but I still dunno... :eh:

NickF

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Deffo gonna be car crash stuff. :lol:

Not sure how to take it tbh. Love GnR and Axl's voice. Love AC/DC and Johnson's voice. I suppose they are in the same register so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for Axl but I still dunno... :eh:
I got a refund on my tickets, I think it is appalling the tour is even still going ahead.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

In Honour of Prince - I know a lot of rock/music fans don't rate him...But he really (for me) was a fcekin' awesome musician - he blows all the old farts off stage in this first one....He really rips the hell out of his guitar....he takes over guitar lead @ 3:29 and just blows everyone else into oblivion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

Then this awesome version of Richie Havens - Motherless Child....Great vocals - Great Guitar playing - Great Band Performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5aM6b1apQQ

Performing The Cross Live...just amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I30fIm0XiqE

Then with his ex-missus Mayte - who is well shaggable :-P

3 minutes 25 seconds in is when he starts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ0im6-7Fzc

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:In Honour of Prince - I know a lot of rock/music fans don't rate him...But he really (for me) was a fcekin' awesome musician - he blows all the old farts off stage in this first one....He really rips the hell out of his guitar....he takes over guitar lead @ 3:29 and just blows everyone else into oblivion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

Then this awesome version of Richie Havens - Motherless Child....Great vocals - Great Guitar playing - Great Band Performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5aM6b1apQQ

Performing The Cross Live...just amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I30fIm0XiqE

Then with his ex-missus Mayte - who is well shaggable :-P

3 minutes 25 seconds in is when he starts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ0im6-7Fzc
Never liked his music at all tbh but he really could play guitar! Most guitarists don't rate him because there is a certain snobishness among modern guitarists caught up in technical playing and if you can't (or won't) shred at 300 notes per second and sweep pick every second passage then you aren't rated as a top player. A shame really, because as much as I love technical players, it don't mean shit without melody. 8)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Just home from ELO concert in Dublin
...brilliant nostalgic night..

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This album is Amazing......

phpBB [video]

Robbie Robertson and The Red Road Ensemble :dance: :dance: :dance:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Axl isn't doing too bad a job from the little I have seen. Mate is going to London to see them next week and is actually looking forward to it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

casgooner wrote:Anyone heard Disturbed rendition of sounds of Silence? It's really powerful.
It's the best version of that sing I've heard. Absolutely brilliant. 8)

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

storrmin571 wrote:Axl isn't doing too bad a job from the little I have seen. Mate is going to London to see them next week and is actually looking forward to it.

A couple of my friends went to see them in Seville last week and were very happy with the concert. Axl was sat down the whole time due to his injury (broken foot I think).

Personally, I think that anyone over the age of 14 who still likes heavy metal/rock is a bit suspect, but they seemed happy enough.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
storrmin571 wrote:Axl isn't doing too bad a job from the little I have seen. Mate is going to London to see them next week and is actually looking forward to it.

A couple of my friends went to see them in Seville last week and were very happy with the concert. Axl was sat down the whole time due to his injury (broken foot I think).

Personally, I think that anyone over the age of 14 who still likes heavy metal/rock is a bit suspect, but they seemed happy enough.
That is without a doubt one of the most stupid things I've ever read on here. :oops: Personally I think anyone that doesn't like heavy metal/rock is trying a bit too hard, is a bit too concerned with what other people think about them, and is trying a bit too hard to fit in with the sheeple in their life, but they seem happy enough. :lol: