THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

just been watching this again on sky and im now ordering the dvd set :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

xDAVEYx wrote:didn't really know whether to post it in here or on the film thread, but This Is England 86 started tonight and, as much as i love the film and the characters, the hour long episodes don't seem to suit the style of filming. by all accounts the series picks up and gets darker as it goes on so fingers crossed. anyone else see it? like it? hate it? want to tie little tommy turgoose to a heavy rock and drop him in the sea?

also, it seems like 'pukey' (that scrote who was in skins and harry brown) has disappeared and has been replaced by harvey, the horrible shit who cracked the ashtray joke in the original film, which i wasn't best pleased about at the start (that he's turned out to be a decent and funny character now just annoys me a bit). fingers crossed anyway

watch it this week Davey? I think its shite its turned into a Shameless style rip-off.... Well disappointed

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

flash gunner wrote:
xDAVEYx wrote:didn't really know whether to post it in here or on the film thread, but This Is England 86 started tonight and, as much as i love the film and the characters, the hour long episodes don't seem to suit the style of filming. by all accounts the series picks up and gets darker as it goes on so fingers crossed. anyone else see it? like it? hate it? want to tie little tommy turgoose to a heavy rock and drop him in the sea?

also, it seems like 'pukey' (that scrote who was in skins and harry brown) has disappeared and has been replaced by harvey, the horrible shit who cracked the ashtray joke in the original film, which i wasn't best pleased about at the start (that he's turned out to be a decent and funny character now just annoys me a bit). fingers crossed anyway

watch it this week Davey? I think its shite its turned into a Shameless style rip-off.... Well disappointed
i've never watched shameless so i have no idea about a comparison but yeah, i was disappointed this week. the film dealt with some really refreshing aspects of youth culture and also with the contemporary darker side, now its just a period soap opera... fingers still crossed though, more hope than expectation after that installment though.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Is that ALmunia's dad on the cover of Duty Free?

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Will be checking out "Boardwalk Empire" tonight. New HBO series that premiered last night about the rise of the mob in 1920s Atlantic City. Reviews have been good & you know HBO rarely put a foot wrong!

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Dan_85 wrote:Will be checking out "Boardwalk Empire" tonight. New HBO series that premiered last night about the rise of the mob in 1920s Atlantic City. Reviews have been good & you know HBO rarely put a foot wrong!
This was quality by the way. There's a nice piece on here detailing the swearing, nudity, violence, casual racism, sexism etc that can be found in the show - might appeal to some on here! :lol:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/20 ... t-mad.html

Not due to air in the UK until next year so get on it early if you can!

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Dan_85 wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:Will be checking out "Boardwalk Empire" tonight. New HBO series that premiered last night about the rise of the mob in 1920s Atlantic City. Reviews have been good & you know HBO rarely put a foot wrong!
This was quality by the way. There's a nice piece on here detailing the swearing, nudity, violence, casual racism, sexism etc that can be found in the show - might appeal to some on here! :lol:

Watched it last night. Wasn’t too sure at first, all seemed a bit overblown & Untouchables-ish (which might as well have been a fucking musical) but I guess opening episodes always have to do a fair amount of scene-setting & it got better quickly. Feels more like watching a film than a TV show, especially with all the Scorcese-isms. Bit weird hearing Capone with a semi-Scouse accent though. Should be a quality series, looking forward to the next episode. Quality-wise HBO must be the Arsenal of TV networks.

The DB10 boxing scene cracked me up as well. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:

Watched it last night. Wasn’t too sure at first, all seemed a bit overblown & Untouchables-ish (which might as well have been a fucking musical) but I guess opening episodes always have to do a fair amount of scene-setting & it got better quickly. Feels more like watching a film than a TV show, especially with all the Scorcese-isms. Bit weird hearing Capone with a semi-Scouse accent though. Should be a quality series, looking forward to the next episode. Quality-wise HBO must be the Arsenal of TV networks.

:lol:

Did he beat down one of your Ginbino brothers? :lol: :wink:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

DB10GOONER wrote:
Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:Watched it last night. Wasn’t too sure at first, all seemed a bit overblown & Untouchables-ish (which might as well have been a fucking musical) but I guess opening episodes always have to do a fair amount of scene-setting & it got better quickly. Feels more like watching a film than a TV show, especially with all the Scorcese-isms. Bit weird hearing Capone with a semi-Scouse accent though. Should be a quality series, looking forward to the next episode. Quality-wise HBO must be the Arsenal of TV networks.

No, it was just you and Spuddy having a bit of a tear-up. :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:Watched it last night. Wasn’t too sure at first, all seemed a bit overblown & Untouchables-ish (which might as well have been a fucking musical) but I guess opening episodes always have to do a fair amount of scene-setting & it got better quickly. Feels more like watching a film than a TV show, especially with all the Scorcese-isms. Bit weird hearing Capone with a semi-Scouse accent though. Should be a quality series, looking forward to the next episode. Quality-wise HBO must be the Arsenal of TV networks.

No, it was just you and Spuddy having a bit of a tear-up. :lol: :wink:
I remember it well. I battered him. 8) :lol:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

DB10GOONER wrote:
Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:No, it was just you and Spuddy having a bit of a tear-up. :lol: :wink:
I remember it well. I battered him. 8) :lol:
Makes sense, they were making bootleg liquor out of some kind of Spud slop in the show. :oops:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:The DB10 boxing scene cracked me up as well. :barscarf:

:shock: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Dan_85 wrote:
Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:The DB10 boxing scene cracked me up as well. :barscarf:

I'm the one with the hair. Fucking spuddy has let himself go! :lol: :lol:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

DB10GOONER wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:

I'm the one with the hair. Fucking spuddy! :lol: :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Christ, I just thought you guys were wearing brown gloves!!! :puke:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

They are - and now you know why the gloves are brown!!! :shock: :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink: