Online Gooner Server Upgrade

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rob Admin
Site Admin

Online Gooner Server Upgrade

Post by Rob Admin »

Hi guys,

I'm just looking for some brief feedback regarding the recent upgrade to the Webserver which hosts The Online Gooner Website & Forum.

Hopefully there is a noticeable speed improvement and the repeat postings problem has been irradiated.

Any feedback would be appreciated, I know some posts were lost during the swap over buy aside form that please let us know.

Many thanks,

Rob.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Hello mate!

One small problem I have noticed is...

If you do a second post to quick you get the "you cannot so another post.....etc" page.

Before you could simply click back to the post writing page and all you had written was there. However now when you do a post too quick you go back and all you have typed is gone!

Minor fault which I have found but solved with copy paste but the first time it happened I had written a novel so was a tad annoying!

Cheers

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

Thanks for the feedback.

Basically I think before upgrading the server was so slow that you were able to click back before the new post had been submitted and processed. The new server is so fast that now by the time you go back it has been processed.

However, perhaps we can decrease the time between posts. This is a setting designed to stop people from flooding the board and abusing the community. For example kids or rival fans who may join and post rubbish just to p+ss us all off.

Let me take a look and let you know.

Thanks,

Rob.

REB

Post by REB »

had the same problem as gus,, at least now i know,, im afraid 2 change my avatar again in case it wont come back on for me,,
guess im stuck with the twins :wink:

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

The directory which stores the avatar images was not write enabled. Consequently when you tried to upload an image it was not successfully writing to the server.

The permissions have now been changed and you can upload your avatars without problems.

Thanks,

Rob.

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Great new speed but please sort this out

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while

This is so bloody annoying :twisted:

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

Wayno wrote:Great new speed but please sort this out

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while

This is so bloody annoying :twisted:
YEP WITH YOU 100% THERE :evil:

gus ceasar is a legend

Just another quick one mate

Could you make Magic Hat disappear?

:lol:
Last edited by gus ceasar is a legend on Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

GEORGE GRAHAM MADE HIS 'MAGIC HAT' DISAPPEAR AFTER 1994!! :lol: :wink:

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

gus ceasar is a legend wrote:Just another quick one mate

Could you make Magic Hat disappear?

I haven't got a magic hat but missus Wayno says that I have a very special helmet :lol:

gus ceasar is a legend

No she just says your very special!

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Truth is she doesn't say anything, she mute, great you might think but she signs using a credit card. Im not sure if she is happy or sad but according to the credit card bill she wont shut the fuck up :lol: :lol:

gus ceasar is a legend

Well the girl has to get some pleasure somewhere somehow!

Did you really think that Big Dave's Hot Dog Shack was a restaurant?

:shock:

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

I went there once but the prices were too expensive

Love the speed of the new server and thanks for fixing the problems already mentioned in this thread.