Flight Options

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Flight Options

Post by TeeCee »

I see they've gone under, leaving a load of holidaymakers in the poo.
Shame, this was the company started by the geezer who's a Gooner wasn't it? Alex I think his name is. I went with Flight Options to a few Arsenal European games. Shame it's all collapsed for them, always found their trips to be really well organised.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

My oap dad and uncle (fulham fans) got totally screwed by them on the way back from europa league final last year. The reps done a runner leaving them with no idea of where to go, no information, no water, no nothing, just a 4hour queue which they didnt know where it ended up.

So good riddance to a bunch of cowboys......if you run a bad service....this is what should happen.

marcengels

Re: Flight Options

Post by marcengels »

TeeCee wrote:I see they've gone under, leaving a load of holidaymakers in the poo.
Shame, this was the company started by the geezer who's a Gooner wasn't it? Alex I think his name is. I went with Flight Options to a few Arsenal European games. Shame it's all collapsed for them, always found their trips to be really well organised.
Where did you get that information from? Didn't they turn into Sportops?

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Went with them to Europe about a dozen times.Better and cheaper than the official club travel

northbankbren

Re: Flight Options

Post by northbankbren »

marcengels wrote:
Where did you get that information from? Didn't they turn into Sportops?
They're the same company but run their sports packages as sport options.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Just from a football perspective, this is a shame.

I used them many times and can only say that 100% never any let down, flight, hotels, connections, all superb.

Used them when they were Universal Football Tours for the 1994 Copenhagen trip - top stuff. Then several times after as Flight Options and always the same excellent service.

Perhaps they just took on too much. Feel sorry for anyone who has lost out, but if this means there is less competition with the :twisted: travel club :twisted: , then it will be bad news for Arsenal fans.

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Yep Myles and co the Gooners split away from flight options and formed Sport options

http://www.sportoptions.com/

I dont use them myself but they are still safe for those that want to.

stillgoingstrong

fao northbankbren

Post by stillgoingstrong »

You better get your facts right mate and put the champagne away cos its about to go flat......

One thing Im NOT is a COWBOY..... i HAVE BEEN TAKING GOONERS ABROAD FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND PROBABLY DID WHEN YOU WERE STILL WEARING NAPPIES.

SPORTOPTIONS.COM / THE aLEX PUB, SPORTOPTIONS ARE ALL OWNED BY ME...IAM STILL TRADING AND NORMALLY I LET OTHERS SAY WHATEVER ON WEBSITES BUT OBVIOUSLY YOU DESERVE A RESPONSE.

SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU SHOULD BE A FULHAM FAN MATE !!! PUT IT THIS WAY MY SON ( WHO IS PROBABLY OLDER THAN YOU ) SUPPORTS THE SAME TEAM AS HIS DAD AND HE KNOWS I WOULD NOT LET HIM IN MY FRONT ROOM IF HE SUPPORTED ANYONE ELSE.

WE GIVE A 100% HONEST SERVICE AND WHETHER YOU TRAVEL WITH ME OR NOT YOU CAN THANK ME FOR HELPING TO PUSH PRICES DOWN ON SO CALLED OFFICIAL TRIPS.

NOW ON TO FULHAM IN HAMBURG..... I HAD 10 FLIGHTS ....EVERY FLIGHT LEFT GATWICK WITHIN HALF AN HOUR OF SCHEDULED DEPARTURE TIME....FOR THE RETURN EVERYONE WAS WARNED IN WRITING THAT THERE WOULD BE DELAYS .... APPROX 20,000 SPANISH AND ENGLISH ARRIVING AT A MEDIUM SIZED AIRPORT STRAIGHT AFTER THE MATCH DOES CAUSE PROBLEMS FOR THE AIRPORT AUTHORITIES.

WE WARNED EVERYONE THAT THERE WOULD BE DELAYS AND SAID BESTWAYS FLIGHTS WOULD ARRIVE BACK AT GATWICK BETWEEN 2 AM AND 5AM...... 9 FLIGHTS ARRIVED BACK BEFORE 5AM AND 1 FLIGHT ARRIVED AT 5.25AM . THE SO CALLED "OFFICIAL " TRAVEL PARTNER OF FULHAM ( WHO I THINK ARE THE NEW PARTNER OF ARSENAL ) HAD A NIGHTMARE, LATE ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES ....

THEY ALSO CHARGED A HIGHER PRICE THAN SPORT OPTIONS.
IM A GOONER THROUGH AND THROUGH AND WORK MY BALLS OFF TO KEEP MY CLIENTS HAPPY....

THE ALEX PUB BECAME LEGEND ....YOU MISSED OUT ON SOME GOOD TIMES. I WILL BE IN THE GEORGE AND THE TWO BREWERS BEFORE AND AFTER THE GAME TOMORROW.

SO NORTHBANKBREN..... I HOPE I JUST SPOILT YOUR DAY. ITS NOT NICE TO DANCE ON PEOPLES GRAVES AND ITS BANG OUT OF ORDER WHEN THEY ARE STILL VERY MUCH ALIVE AND KICKING.
E . i . E .......

ps i was in the airport at Hamburg and do seem to remember having to be restrained from some idiot who had a problem having to queue up....there were thousands of people and he seemed to think he could just jump to the front...i was there ALL the time. SORRY SO MUCH OF THIS IS IN CAPITALS , BUT IM SHOUTING !

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

That username came in handy, eh mate? :)

Anyway, I'm glad that theyre still going. Top blokes, great service....keep up the good work.

:barscarf:

stillgoingstrong

where are you northbankbren?

Post by stillgoingstrong »

Have you gone back to support Fulham as your Dad wanted you to ? How comes you support Arsenal ? did we have a bit more success in the 90s than Fulham? 2500 posts!!!! you sound like an anorak but you have suddenly gone very quiet

frankbutcher

Re: where are you northbankbren?

Post by frankbutcher »

stillgoingstrong wrote:Have you gone back to support Fulham as your Dad wanted you to ? How comes you support Arsenal ? did we have a bit more success in the 90s than Fulham? 2500 posts!!!! you sound like an anorak but you have suddenly gone very quiet
Myles - top effort. Steve H and Mark L (my Dad) from the Alex days say hello. Keep up the good work!

GoonerJim

Post by GoonerJim »

donaldo wrote:Went with them to Europe about a dozen times.Better and cheaper than the official club travel
Same here - never had a problem.

Reg Niseth

Post by Reg Niseth »

Always travelled with 'em, always will. Some people just don't realise what it's like trying to organise the travel plans for thousands of people.

I don't know of anyone else that could arrange this. Fuck me, it's bad enough trying to arrange a mini bus let alone flights.

Keep it going mate, there's plenty of people that will travel.

The buses to PSG were blinding in '94 :bowing21: :mrgreen: :fencing:

georgeknows89

sportoptions.com

Post by georgeknows89 »

northbankbren- IT'S ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE !!!!

If our team could perform in Europe like Miles and his team do then we would have no problems.

I have travelled with them umpteen times and they are Simply the Best

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Good to hear it Mike. I was worried that it was you too as a yahoo article mentioned sportops.com but I checked when I got into work yesterday on our company watch and could see that you weren't linked to them.

Last time I used you was for the Champions League Final in Paris but mainly because I like to come back the day after the match (came back on Friday for Rome last year) not immediately after.