Iran "A" Bomb/Gog U Magog War/Planet Nibiru

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

The ancients had excellent astronomical knowledge.
The had good building skills, Rome is 2000 years old and it is more impressive than a lot of places built these days.

They also had good navigating and travelling ability, were able to sail pretty much anywhere.

The whole "Colombus discovered America" shtick is nonsense.
The Vikings got there earlier, so did the Scots and the Irish, and there is increasing suspicion that the ancient Middle East was trading with Central America in timber 3000 years ago.

Not to mention the "Clovis" people who might have been in America much earlier, and the migration of Africans to Australia and on to South America before what we call "Native Americans" crossed there from Siberia.

If there is one thing I know, it is that the history of migrations and of human development is constantly under revision.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

This is a very deep subject.

I'm going to add to this thread over the coming weeks.

I reckon it will go on for longer than the Joe Cole thread. :D

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

olgitgooner wrote:This is a very deep subject.

I'm going to add to this thread over the coming weeks.

I reckon it will go on for longer than the Joe Cole thread. :D
It is fascinating, especially those who read and watch the research of Graham Hancock.

There are even some who think the ancients were helped by aliens, but that would be going off on a tangent!
Or would it?

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

I think this is going to turn into thread of the decade!

Good work Quartz and Olgit.

I really admire old arcitecture, I love walking round Oxford. (apart from the eyesore that is oxford brookes university :roll:)

99% of modern buildings are garish and eyesores imo. Of course there are some beautiful examples of modern architecture too.

OnlyGotOneSong

Post by OnlyGotOneSong »

Red Gunner wrote:
Arsenal 1991 wrote:Well if its confirmed then Im gonna find Vanessa Hudgens (HSM) or Hermione and do whatever I can to have sex with them (even if it means raping them) and I'll kill Bieber, Usher, Alex Ferguson, redknapp family, Savage, John Terry, Cashley, Bin Laden, Waddle and the North Korean guy so we can have a happy, peaceful last few months.

I'll post pics of all my acts on here too so you can keep track.
Bin Laden is already dead...

Oh, oh! We need another new thread :lol: :wink:
Bin Laden isn't dead.

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

QuartzGooner wrote:The ancients had excellent astronomical knowledge.
The had good building skills, Rome is 2000 years old and it is more impressive than a lot of places built these days.

They also had good navigating and travelling ability, were able to sail pretty much anywhere.

The whole "Colombus discovered America" shtick is nonsense.
The Vikings got there earlier, so did the Scots and the Irish, and there is increasing suspicion that the ancient Middle East was trading with Central America in timber 3000 years ago.

Not to mention the "Clovis" people who might have been in America much earlier, and the migration of Africans to Australia and on to South America before what we call "Native Americans" crossed there from Siberia.

If there is one thing I know, it is that the history of migrations and of human development is constantly under revision.
We have Newgrange over here which has a small opening above the entrance and on the winter solstice the liht goes riht through the hole and floods the inside chamber now thats pretty impressive for something that was build thousands of years ago by a group of people who had pretty primitive tools and limited knowledge of their world compared to what we have today.

Have to say though many building that are build today may not be impressive from an architectural standpoint but the pure engineering that is involved is on a par with the Romans and Egyptians imo.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

OnlyGotOneSong wrote:
Red Gunner wrote:
Arsenal 1991 wrote:Well if its confirmed then Im gonna find Vanessa Hudgens (HSM) or Hermione and do whatever I can to have sex with them (even if it means raping them) and I'll kill Bieber, Usher, Alex Ferguson, redknapp family, Savage, John Terry, Cashley, Bin Laden, Waddle and the North Korean guy so we can have a happy, peaceful last few months.

I'll post pics of all my acts on here too so you can keep track.
Bin Laden is already dead...

Oh, oh! We need another new thread :lol: :wink:
Bin Laden isn't dead.
Yeh. He's alive and well. And still posting on here. :wink:

OneBardGooner

Re: 20it is also known as 'N12 "Prophecy"/Mayan Ca

Post by OneBardGooner »

QuartzGooner wrote:(MegaGooner is researching the subject so will add to it when he is ready.)

I looked into the 2012 "prophecy", where some say the world will end in 2012.

From what I can tell, and this is very much my personal belief as opposed to any scientific one, the actual "prophecy" is not so much a prophecy, but marks a period of time in the Mayan calendar ending on 21 December 2012.

A new period of time in the Mayan calendar consequently starts that day.
[This new calendar cycle, but only this new cycle, of the "prophecy" is confirmed by NASA scientists. They attach no meaning to it].

My personal beliefs are that:

There is nothing definite about a sudden cataclysmic event on that day, and nothing definite to say such an event will not happen.

It does mark the start of the earth moving back towards the centre of the galaxy, a process that takes many thousands of years.
Currently the earth is moving away from the centre of the galaxy.

This move back towards the centre of the galaxy will cause a change in energy, the likely result will be increased creativity and a more peaceful world.

21 December 2012 marks a day when the earth faces the centre of the galaxy, so is positioned to receive increased energy.
Plenty has been written about the Mayan calendar by Dr Jose Arguelles if you wish to read further.

(I know that sounds a bit "hippyish" but it makes sense to me. It is not confirmed by orthodox science but is my personal belief).

The orthodox science/astronomy view is below.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

You will see that the official NASA website states that the existing "baktun" period in the Mayan Calendar ends on 21 December 2012, and a new "baktun" begins.
This new cycle in the Mayan calendar is the ONLY part of the 2012 "Prophecy" that orthodox science and astronomy confirms.

Was pleasantly surprised to find this on Onlinegooner...I have to dash for work, but very quickly...

Within the Mayan (pron: My Unn) calendar- also known as 20 13 (*) time...there are 5 ages (periods of time)..and we are due to move into/onto the Fifth period of time....not so much in a 'Physical' sense - though of course any energetic changes will affect the physical world...in that the world (as we know it) will end, but a new 'Consciousness' will emerge from those who have the 'awareness' and are 'atuned' to that level of consciousness...what might be called an 'awakening' for want of a better description...

The Maya calendar is (not like our Gregorian 12 months calendar) is based on 13 periods (excuse the pun) of 20 days... and derives from ancient times (The Elder Days) when Societies/Peoples/Communities (Globally) were Matriarchal, there were no clocks(*) as we understand them....when 'time(sic) was measured in 13 periods of 20 days - this being based on the (natural) measure of a woman's 'Bleeding Time' - The Lunar Cycle/s were equally as important as the Solar Cycles... (in those days 'Dreaming' was used very much as part of how understanding and so decisions about things (universe/seasons/Illness etc) were arrived at..btw: The use of 20 13 as a means of measuring time/ the year/s has been proven to be part of the cosmolgy of many cultures and peoples globally inc: Aboriginal/Celtic/Siberian/Asian/Egyptian and not just Mayan - though it is believed The Mayan's were saw mathemetics as an Art Form, and so their calendar is a 'creation' in that it not only reflects The Universe (God) but themselves and how they live and will live...

I once attended a series of seminars with Dr Jose Arguelles...and was lucky enough to talk at length with him one evening...his mantra "Time Is Art" is a fascinating (and Mayan) way of percieving the world/s and the Universe....he also refers to time as 'the oxygen of the mind'

Other author's/books :

John Major Jenkins - "Maya Cosmogenisis 2012" (Very well written)

Jose Arguelles - The Mayan Factor - which gives mathematical diagrams of how the calendar works) energetically...sounds odd, but is cool...(also his first book "Surfers Of The Zavuya" is a very easy read - written to honour his son who tragically died - Zuvuya means Big Memory Circuit....

(which in turn relates to the 'Energetic Impulses' that (unlike gravity) weave between and hold together the bodies within the (Our) Galaxy...ie: every few seconds Mother Earth (who IS a Conscious being) emits an energetic pulse to those other stellar and planetary bodies in the solar system - a bit like a figure 8, so there are all these 'figure 8's' interweaving their energy (and Consciousness - ie: the planets and stars are constantly 'communicating' (talking) huge amounts of energy and of course all thought forms are an energetic pulse...hence what we 'think' can come to be....)

sorry went off on a tangent there!....

(*) Clocks - One of the first clocks (hands on a dial type) was invented by one of the clerical order within the monastery that served King Charlamagne...and he was given it as a gift, he wrote 'There is No soul within this thing and so has no purpose for me'....the clock ended up in the hands of a monk who was also a mathematician....(name escapes me now) and he 'saw' that by dividing the face of the clock - you could divide the day and so segment time...to lesser or more important things...and so from this was born what is termed '12 60' time (12 months - 60 minutes (in a hour etc etc)...

Have t dash to work, but wil come back to this...

:barscarf: :D

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Interesting stuff by the late Stan Gooch on Matriarchal society, dreaming/cerebellum, Neanderthals etc.

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

great thread. Just adding what i think the mayan calender is all about.

there is a process of the earth wobbling on its axis. This normally takes around 25,000 years. to complete a full 360 degree wobble. Also known as the platonic year.

This year can be divided into 12 sections, one for each of the zodiac, . These would last approximately 2000 years, give or take. currently we are in Pisces but we are due to approach the age of aquarius in the next year.

The mayans obviously knew this hence why their calender 'runs out' before starting again in the new age 22/12/2012.

the links with this and the end of the world can be found. This is where you need to appreciate a little artistic licience. Jesus was born (allegedly) around 2000 years ago. At the dawning of the age of pisces. Hence the fish references in the bible, (they do exist). Jesus is 'quoted' in the bible as saying he will be with the people till the end of the 'Aeon', this means age, and subsequently the age of pisces, in the king james bible this is badly mistranslated to earth.

Prior to the age of pisces was the age of aries the ram. Moses on returning down the moutain see's people worshhiping goldun rams etc and is believed to be offcial end of the age of aries. Jews still blow rams horns etc. ..

the misrepresentation of science in religion cannot be ignored when it comes to stuff like this.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I was watching an interesting documentary about this late last year. What Quartz says is all correct but some professor claims that we are all 100 years early. He claimed to have interpreted some old writings (symbols actually) and says that current understanding of them is wrong. His theory is based around it all ending on 21.12.2112. I guess the natural symmetry (spelling?) of the numbers seems like it might mean something.

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

Sorry for taking so long to post on this thread guys, but with work commitments, I just couldn't get enough time to type out a really long and informative post.

Anyway, I have read some of the prophecies and watched the movie 2012, but it didn't really get me into thinking too much about this whole "situation".

The first documentary that got me back to the prophecy was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soWEgUSZmVY

It's part 1 of a three part series, which leads you to believe through scientific evidence, that the world went through a real catastrophe including a polar shift in 3123BC, which puts us back into that window that the Mayans believed - About 5115 - 5200 years.

Briefly discussed here:

http://www.mahalo.com/sodom-and-gomorrah-asteroid/

This one might not make much sense:

http://hinduism.about.com/od/basics/a/goldenage.htm

but it has a bit about the hindus also believing that some great catastrophe will befall us in 2012. If you google it, you will find that the Hopi Indians, Jews and even Chinese had similar beliefs about this time period in history which was in a documentary I have seen before. I tried to find it on youtube, but it seems that that episode is not available. I recently watched an episode of Nostradamus prophecies where he apparently also confirmed this, but to be honest, it never really had a date to collaborate the 2012 stuff.

The other interesting thing to come up whilst looking into this is the Svalbard Global Seed vault

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svalbard_Global_Seed_Vault

How many people knew this excisted? What does our governments know that they are not telling us? If anything drastic happens in 2012, what's the use of having this seed vault if nobody seems to know about it? If it's so highly secured, how is anyone going to get into it so that they can actually use these seeds? Is this now our 21 century "ark" that we got no guarantee will stand what nature has to offer.

I hope I don't sound too "doomsday" on this thread. I am really not losing any sleep about this whole 2012 scenario. I do however feel that people just seem to say that these are not worth looking into. Maybe they are right, but the Mayans were an extremely civilised society in what we'll call and "uncivilised" world, and they were intelligent to a point we probably will never be able to understand.

PS: I forgot to mention that on 21 December 2012, We'll also have the largest Solar alignment in centuries.

PS: In my haste to post in this thread, I might have missed out on some points. I will post them in future posts. Sweet dreams all. :wink:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

If I can add a bit about the Jewish belief of the times we live in.

Our sages said that the "World" will last 6000 years.
It does not mean that the earth is going to explode, just that after 6000 years there will be a new era of peace.
In the Jewish calendar we are in year 5771.

So this new era could be expected in the secular calendar in the year 2241.

But the new era can start a bit earlier if G-D deems the world to be in such a mess that he needs to act sooner rather than later.

Certain "signs" of the new era are prophesised, the main one being that the world be in a right mess just before the new era dawns, especially in terms of violence and a poor economy.
Well it certainly is, but it seems the world has been in that condition at previous times in history.

So whilst some Rabbis have said nearly all the conditions of the prophecies are met, others urge caution.

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Last edited by Red Gunner on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Last edited by Red Gunner on Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.