Iran "A" Bomb/Gog U Magog War/Planet Nibiru

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Red Gunner wrote:I read the link:

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

There's nothing about the Earth moving back towards the centre of the galaxy :? This link just basically refutes the whole belief. I remember reading it last year too.
The bit about the earth moving back towards the centre of the galaxy is not on that link, sorry for confusion.

But that links confirms NASA are aware of the new calendar period in the Mayan calendar starting on 21 December 2012.

The rest of the claims are not scientifically verifiable.
The book I read on it is by people who I think are staking their entire reputations on it, and would not do so on a whim (Professor Robert Haralick).

Hence my personal opinion that the Mayan Cycle must denote something, and it is that of the earth energy changing.

But orthodox science rebutts all claims except that of the new cycle in the Mayan Calendar.

More here from an Orthodox Science point of view.

http://www.farnham-as.co.uk/2010/02/is- ... d-in-2012/

I am going to edit my original post to make it clear what are my beliefs and what Orthodox Science claims.
Last edited by QuartzGooner on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

Well if its confirmed then Im gonna find Vanessa Hudgens (HSM) or Hermione and do whatever I can to have sex with them (even if it means raping them) and I'll kill Bieber, Usher, Alex Ferguson, redknapp family, Savage, John Terry, Cashley, Bin Laden, Waddle and the North Korean guy so we can have a happy, peaceful last few months.

I'll post pics of all my acts on here too so you can keep track.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

People use this 2012 thing to just live irresponsibly, I feel. There's so much pervasive "OMG" scaremongering that people aren't even planning beyond 2012. How about instead of worrying about these fanciful and fictional notions about doomsday (which humans have been making since the beginning of time) why don't we start fixing ACTUAL problems on Earth, like our extremely wasteful consumption patterns, or the extreme poverty of countries mired by war and disease?

The internet and the media don't make things any better. For every 1 scholarly, researched, documented set of statements based on evidence, there are 3 who say "scientists predict" or "evidence shows" without every having a source. But in the age of Wikipedia, unfortunately we take what we read for granted without doing the leg work to research ourselves - or even asking for proof - and accept (or at least consider) what is being said as true.
Last edited by Barriecuda on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

Also if the world is gonna end in 2012, then Arsene Wenger IS a *word censored*.

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Last edited by Red Gunner on Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

I can officially confirm that the world ending in 2012 is, indeed, a load of shit.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

If the Mayans were so bloody clever.........then why did they all die out? :?

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

olgitgooner wrote:If the Mayans were so bloody clever.........then why did they all die out? :?
They are still alive, just not got their own Empire. They live in Mexico and Guatemala.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

QuartzGooner wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:If the Mayans were so bloody clever.........then why did they all die out? :?
They are still alive, just not got their own Empire. They live in Mexico and Guatemala.
Oh......that would explain it then. :oops: :lol:

Still, you don't see many Guatemalans teaching quantum physics for a living. :? :wink:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Last edited by Red Gunner on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

Red Gunner wrote:
Arsenal 1991 wrote:Well if its confirmed then Im gonna find Vanessa Hudgens (HSM) or Hermione and do whatever I can to have sex with them (even if it means raping them) and I'll kill Bieber, Usher, Alex Ferguson, redknapp family, Savage, John Terry, Cashley, Bin Laden, Waddle and the North Korean guy so we can have a happy, peaceful last few months.

I'll post pics of all my acts on here too so you can keep track.
Bin Laden is already dead...

Oh, oh! We need another new thread :lol: :wink:
Shit, what a waste my life has been. :?

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Red Gunner wrote:Watch 'The Road to El Dorado', it kinda explains some stuff :lol:
Is that the one with Bob Hope and Bing Crosby in it?

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

olgitgooner wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
Oh......that would explain it then. :oops: :lol:

Still, you don't see many Guatemalans teaching quantum physics for a living. :? :wink:
You do in Guatemala.

:D

I actually know a Guatemalan. He is a smart guy to be fair.

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

small pox and a slight misunderstanding with some spanish chaps when it cam to a 'fight' :wink:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

I'm a bit of a sceptic about ancient civilisations and their alleged knowledge of star systems and fantastic engineering skills.

These people lived in the days before we had "light pollution" so every night was an opportunity to view the stars. It was their equivalent of television. They were tuned in on every non cloudy night. They surely would be good at gathering astronomical knowledge.

Regarding the building of pyramids, it has been suggested that it would be impossible to build them without modern day technology. Including laser guided stone cutting.

This is total twaddle. I used to be a stonemason. Given the manpower, materials and a rudimentary knowlege of geometry.....anyone could build a huge pyramid. Including the very fine joints between stones which people find so fascinating.

The world will not end in 2012.

Although it might feel that way if we win fuck all. Again. :wink: