Iran "A" Bomb/Gog U Magog War/Planet Nibiru

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
I Hate Hleb

Re: 2012 "Prophecy"/Mayan Calendar etc

Post by I Hate Hleb »

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re:

Post by StuartL »

QuartzGooner wrote:The ancients had excellent astronomical knowledge.
The had good building skills, Rome is 2000 years old and it is more impressive than a lot of places built these days.

They also had good navigating and travelling ability, were able to sail pretty much anywhere.

The whole "Colombus discovered America" shtick is nonsense.
The Vikings got there earlier, so did the Scots and the Irish, and there is increasing suspicion that the ancient Middle East was trading with Central America in timber 3000 years ago.

Not to mention the "Clovis" people who might have been in America much earlier, and the migration of Africans to Australia and on to South America before what we call "Native Americans" crossed there from Siberia.

If there is one thing I know, it is that the history of migrations and of human development is constantly under revision.
I have wondered if what is now known as South America, Africa and Australia had formed a huge super continent, which slowly seperated - (continental drift is now a proven fact)

Don't know too much about the Mayan prophecy's but if they are correct about 21.12.2012 then no point having a season ticket this year is there.

RNTGOONER

Post by RNTGOONER »

Does the Mayan calendar have naked chicks on sports cars every month, dems be the calendars i like the most

QuartzGooner

Re: Re:

Post by QuartzGooner »

StuartL wrote:

Don't know too much about the Mayan prophecy's but if they are correct about 21.12.2012 then no point having a season ticket this year is there.
They said a new era will start 21 December 2012, but not that the world would end.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Quartz, is there a book you can recommend which in your opinion gives an easy to understand overview of the Maya and their beliefs - and possible theries as to how they came by them ?

I would appreciate it as I would like to gen up a bit on them seeing as my personal knowledge is lacking so much and they sound facinating.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Stuart, I read just one, a very obscure book without an ISBN code about how the Mayan calendar links to the Jewish calendar. To be honest unless you had a good grasp of the Jewish calendar and of Hebrew I think it would be a frustrating read, but PM me if you want the name.
The authors based a lot of their ideas on the book by Jose Arguelles; "The Mayan Factor, Path Beyond Technology" which is supposed to have a good clear explanation of the Mayan calendar, plus some complex mathematical research.

The conclusion of the book I read was that a period of time in the Mayan calendar called a b'ak'tun ends on 21 December 2012. A period of time that began in 3114 B.C.E. And then on 22 December 2012 the next period of time starts.

The authors believed that this next period of time is linked with the earth moving through the galaxy towards the centre of the galaxy, rather than away from it, as was the case in the present b'ak'tun.
The result of this will be increased energy in the earth.
They speculate that it will be linked to an increase in consciousness and scientific development, and spiritual clarity.
They also go to great lengths to say they have no idea if such a change will occur in one epic moment of revelation, or would be gradual.

NASA dispute the calculations of the earth moving towards the centre of the galaxy.

This wikipedia page gives a good summation of the Mayan calendar, and of other theories that people have tied in to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_pheno ... t_calendar

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

QuartzGooner wrote:Stuart, I read just one, a very obscure book without an ISBN code about how the Mayan calendar links to the Jewish calendar. To be honest unless you had a good grasp of the Jewish calendar and of Hebrew I think it would be a frustrating read, but PM me if you want the name.
The authors based a lot of their ideas on the book by Jose Arguelles; "The Mayan Factor, Path Beyond Technology" which is supposed to have a good clear explanation of the Mayan calendar, plus some complex mathematical research.

The conclusion of the book I read was that a period of time in the Mayan calendar called a b'ak'tun ends on 21 December 2012. A period of time that began in 3114 B.C.E. And then on 22 December 2012 the next period of time starts.

The authors believed that this next period of time is linked with the earth moving through the galaxy towards the centre of the galaxy, rather than away from it, as was the case in the present b'ak'tun.
The result of this will be increased energy in the earth.
They speculate that it will be linked to an increase in consciousness and scientific development, and spiritual clarity.
They also go to great lengths to say they have no idea if such a change will occur in one epic moment of revelation, or would be gradual.

NASA dispute the calculations of the earth moving towards the centre of the galaxy.

This wikipedia page gives a good summation of the Mayan calendar, and of other theories that people have tied in to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_pheno ... t_calendar
You are right to assume my grasp of Hebrew and the Jewish calandar to be a little rusty :lol: so i will pass on the book that you read but may well look up The Mayan Factor,

Oh and the wiki page was very fascinating, Thanks Quartz. :)

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

StuartL wanting to get reading material on the onlinegooner forum.......

:popcorn:

:lol:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Fair bit of internet chatter about a false flag "terrorist attack" for the Olympics.

Also predictions of a real attack on the opening two days.

Makes me feel bit shaken up but internet is full of all kinds of conspiracy prediction that does not occur.

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

Anybody watch a bit of the "ancient aliens" documentary. I was really in the "aliens are made up" camp but this doccy really opened a new way of thinking for me.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

What channel was it on?

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

Thye History Channel.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Not got that channel, sorry.
But if it is anything like one I saw last year it is thought provoking.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

QuartzGooner wrote:Fair bit of internet chatter about a false flag "terrorist attack" for the Olympics.

Also predictions of a real attack on the opening two days.

Makes me feel bit shaken up but internet is full of all kinds of conspiracy prediction that does not occur.

Yep.
People have to think for themselves and take some news with a pinch of salt.
I have to add that main stream media is not the only way.
There are plenty of Independent news streams out there, it just depends on one's thirst for knowledge and truth.

DB10GOONER

Re:

Post by DB10GOONER »

QuartzGooner wrote:The ancients had excellent astronomical knowledge.
The had good building skills, Rome is 2000 years old and it is more impressive than a lot of places built these days.

They also had good navigating and travelling ability, were able to sail pretty much anywhere.

The whole "Colombus discovered America" shtick is nonsense.
The Vikings got there earlier, so did the Scots and the Irish, and there is increasing suspicion that the ancient Middle East was trading with Central America in timber 3000 years ago.

Not to mention the "Clovis" people who might have been in America much earlier, and the migration of Africans to Australia and on to South America before what we call "Native Americans" crossed there from Siberia.

If there is one thing I know, it is that the history of migrations and of human development is constantly under revision.
Actually it's older; The Ancient Romans themselves traditionally believed that their city was founded in the year 753 BC. But many modern historians believe it was probably circa the years 620 - 625 BC. There is also evidence of basic human settlement there dating back 14000 years.

So from his inacurate dating I conclude Quartz is a creationist. Burn the witch! :-P :wink:

But good points about Columbus. 8)

The Oirish had been there and rode all their women long long before old Chris finally arrived! It's what we do. :lol: :wink: