Really, ANOTHER SCREENING?!?!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

marcengels wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Gooner_Sam wrote:I used to love screenings at Highbury! My Grandad use to take me to a couple of them, the one that really sticks in my memory is sitting in the North Bank watching us come back from 2-0 down to beat te chavs 3-2, atmosphere up there was great, haven't been to any at The Grove yet so I couldn't compare the two experiences..
I took my dad to that one was brilliant :barscarf: KANU!!!!

Ive been to a few over the years the best was Kanu' hatrick but a good one was when we beat Rangers away in a Battle of Britain game in 1990 there were loads of Rangers fans at highbury and trouble with them :roll: . Not been to the Grove to watch any though
Did you bring your armchair as well?

:roll: :? :)
In those days NO

jonny3110

Post by jonny3110 »

I remember at Highbury when I used to go to the North Bank, and we'd play live, win shit and were the bollox!! Those were the days aye #nostalgia

:lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

marcengels wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Gooner_Sam wrote:I used to love screenings at Highbury! My Grandad use to take me to a couple of them, the one that really sticks in my memory is sitting in the North Bank watching us come back from 2-0 down to beat te chavs 3-2, atmosphere up there was great, haven't been to any at The Grove yet so I couldn't compare the two experiences..
I took my dad to that one was brilliant :barscarf: KANU!!!!

Ive been to a few over the years the best was Kanu' hatrick but a good one was when we beat Rangers away in a Battle of Britain game in 1990 there were loads of Rangers fans at highbury and trouble with them :roll: . Not been to the Grove to watch any though
Did you bring your armchair as well?

:roll: :? :)
Furniturist!!! :evil: :lol: :lol: :wink:

jonny3110

Post by jonny3110 »

Told ya! That Club level is cursed I tell ya! Should get a banner saying that!! :lol: :wink:

O'Leary

Post by O'Leary »

Just saw something on twitter from Wojech Schezny about a q & a session at the screening yesterday? Are the club getting the injured players to come to the screenings then?

Bet he was laughing his head off at Almunia's howler!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Speaking of twitter anyone else cringe at Jack when he wrote -

"we showed good character to come back and draw"

We need to get Turnip out before he rots Jack's mind with his loser mentality.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

I'm surprised that Wenger hasn't used these live screenings for a new excuse, he's used everything else apart from his own ineptitude! :?

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

rodders999 wrote:Speaking of twitter anyone else cringe at Jack when he wrote -

"we showed good character to come back and draw"

We need to get Turnip out before he rots Jack's mind with his loser mentality.
Can't wait til arsenal publish a "selection" of people's views about the wba games, that they have received via twitter.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Went to this, as well as the one for the Newcastle game.

8 quid to see the game, with a few beers in club level surrounded by Gooners is good value i think, better than watching it on a buffering small computer screen. If we had got a third on Saturday the atmosphere would have been awesome.

Other than the fact they are clearly cursed it is a positive thing for everyone involved i think - as i say its better than watching on a crppy computer screen / dodgey channel - esp here in England when choices are not at a premium.

Oh, and Swale had a nice chat with Charlie George and a handshake with woooocheck - so he will have nothing but good to say about em :barscarf:

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Went to this, as well as the one for the Newcastle game.

8 quid to see the game, with a few beers in club level surrounded by Gooners is good value i think, better than watching it on a buffering small computer screen. If we had got a third on Saturday the atmosphere would have been awesome.

Other than the fact they are clearly cursed it is a positive thing for everyone involved i think - as i say its better than watching on a crppy computer screen / dodgey channel - esp here in England when choices are not at a premium.

Oh, and Swale had a nice chat with Charlie George and a handshake with woooocheck - so he will have nothing but good to say about em :barscarf:
A point gained, or two lost? :lol: :roll:

You can tell swale, that it doesn't look like I'll be coming into the wig stark bollock anytime soon.

If he wants to see me naked, he's gonna have to come to my pub!

:shock: :oops: :wink:

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

2 lost, other than the last 20 minutes we were bloody awful!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:2 lost, other than the last 20 minutes we were bloody awful!
join my movement 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

flash gunner wrote:
Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:2 lost, other than the last 20 minutes we were bloody awful!
join my movement 8)

Alright, put down those Nike's Ping Pong, we just got another Membership Pack order.

:barscarf: