Predictions for RVP's 100th goal game!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
ElliotGooner

Predictions for RVP's 100th goal game!

Post by ElliotGooner »

He's on 95 at the moment and nothing id like to see more than for him to get it at Old Trafford in our 5th match of the season and with the form hes in id be surprised of it takes him that long. Just home its a memorable game unlike both of Henry's centuries being completed at the shit hole in Brum (albeit in good wins)!

Shame about our inability to defend, organise, keep calm and to repeat the same old fucking mistakes though.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Injured his ankle yesterday so.....100th goal will be in March sometime

or he will do a Paul Merson and be stranded on 99

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

It's strange how Alan Smith, a bonafide Arsenal legend, notched just over 100 goals for Arsenal, whilst RVP has nearly equalled his feat to the reaction of apathy from most.

I'd say that RVP is hugely under-rated, and if he'd been able to stay fit for a greater duration of his Arsenal career, could've been an acceptable replacement for Henry (acknowledging that he's not as good but then not many in the history of football have been).

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

Brilliant player,has suffered with injuries and playing with arsene's wankers :roll:

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

Lethal wrote:Brilliant player,has suffered with injuries and playing with arsene's wankers :roll:
I admire his loyalty too. At the end of next season it will have been a full eight years since he signed.

Some people say, "Well, he's been injured, so I'd expect it", but we all know that in today's age it simply doesn't work like that. If he were put on the transfer market some of the world's biggest clubs would be after him, so I think his loyalty is highly under-estimated.

I think that playing with the 49ers helped appreciate his understanding for just how big a club Arsenal is, and I think his fellow countrymen DB10 told him that it'd be in his best interest to stay at the club for his entire career.

Thumbs up RVP10.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Bring Back Pires wrote:
Lethal wrote:Brilliant player,has suffered with injuries and playing with arsene's wankers :roll:
I admire his loyalty too. At the end of next season it will have been a full eight years since he signed.

Some people say, "Well, he's been injured, so I'd expect it", but we all know that in today's age it simply doesn't work like that. If he were put on the transfer market some of the world's biggest clubs would be after him, so I think his loyalty is highly under-estimated.

I think that playing with the 49ers helped appreciate his understanding for just how big a club Arsenal is, and I think his fellow countrymen DB10 told him that it'd be in his best interest to stay at the club for his entire career.

Thumbs up RVP10.
Ive heard his contract runs out in summer 2013 and the start of negotiations about an extention have faltered so far, expect another Nasri situation with RVP next summer. He's a brilliant player IMO and the only world class player at the club when Cesc goes. FFS Just stay fit RVP!!!!!

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Two things no big club would buy him with his appalling injury record.Every season we know he will miss 4 months minimum

And if he had a better injury record do you really believe he would still be here?He is loyal to us because the club has been loyal to him

jonny3110

Post by jonny3110 »

Yes, he's loyal, he's got fight and for me he's the only one of them currently playing that I would call a Legend

Have a look at this as well:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -his-medal

Top man. A lot of the dutch are a loyal lot, with a lot of pride and fight. Bergkamp esc in his still tongue as well, we never once heard a peep out of Dennis to move on and the same with RVP. Unlucky injuries aside, what a striker we have!