How long should Our Glorious Leader be given?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

How long should it be left before Wenger is sacked?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:32 pm

He should be sacked with immediate effect.
72%
He should be given the chance to fix it in the transfer window.
15%
Judge him in May!
12%

Total votes: 65

Babatunde

How long should Our Glorious Leader be given?

Post by Babatunde »

Do you think Wenger should even be given the opportunity to spend the money? Not suggesting this will happen as people desire, more to gage the general mood now.
I personally don't think he should be allowed to go out and spend £60 million, as we will merely end up with six Koscielnys/5 Diabys. People say 'spend some fucking money' but no chance in hell do I want Wenger lumbering the next manager with this.

I personally feel in an ideal world, he should be gone with immediate effect.
If Kroenke asked Vermaelen, Sagna and RVP (our only decent senior players) their thoughts, they'd probably all want Wenger Out immediately. RVP's even started contradicting him in public. The only players who'll want Wenger to remain would be Traore, Coquelin, Diaby, Gibbs and Song. I wonder why....

digger

Post by digger »

Sacked, by the time the papers are printed tonight.

He said Judge me in May in August 2009. We judged him in May 2010; he had won no silverware and watched his season petter out by Easter. We judged him in May 2011. We had still won no silverware and had suffered relegation form in the last two months of the season. He had the summer to put it right IMO, and shipping 10 goals (scoring twice) out of three games isn't nearly good enough, nor is scraping into the CL past a fairly wanky Italian side.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Steve Bould should be put in charge until the January window when a new manager is found and a warchest to be spent. 2-3 new signings now to consolidate a top 10 finish by January.

We will beat Swansea City and Shrewsbury town at home. After that I cant see where the next win is coming from. We look like a poor bottom half side.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Immediate effect. He offers absolutely nothing of value to the club going forward.

ElliotGooner

Post by ElliotGooner »

Enough is enough.
We have still not learnt from our mistakes and his dictatorship of our once proud club has got to be ended while he still has some respect left amongst us fans.

This Is The Daybreak

Post by This Is The Daybreak »

I would be relieved if he was sacked/resigned first thing tomorrow. I think to bring in someone to steady the ship, motivate the players and sort out what is glaringly obvious. Even Steve Bould would be an option currently, get the players we have trained properly...before looking to perhaps get an Ancelotti type figure around christmas/new year as a perhaps longer term solution.

augie

Post by augie »

I refuse to believe that anybody would vote anything for anything other than immediate sacking so there appears to be a few guys on a piss take here :roll:

Btw can the boyfriends/husbands/fathers/lovers of them two women holding up the "arsene we trust" banner please not allow them to attend any more Arsenal matches ? Please find them some ironing, washing cooking or whatever to do that will disguise their lack of understanding of football and keep them doing something more in tune with their "talents" :roll:

Post by 1989 »

Sacked with immediate effect. I want to hear this morning that he's gone by 'mutual consent', or I'll be very unhappy.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Today ..for his own sake as well as the Club's..It's terrible to watch a once dignified man in such a mess, it's worse watching what this is doing to Arsenal.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

He should be sacked with immediate effect, because he won´t spend the money for suitable players. It´s over, Arsene!

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

I can't remember who made this comparison, Ii think it was on the match thread but Ashley Young cost £16 million, and we pay £15 million for A.O-C... Money is there, didn't Kos cost around £10million last season, so for all the AKB's who say that money isn't there, it definitely is and this is without the Cesc and Nasri money... :banghead:

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

Wenger should have been sacked 2-3 years ago, the bloke is a complete and utter *word censored*

AA23Northbank

Post by AA23Northbank »

Sack him now, ideally get Moyes and hope he brings Baines, Jagielka and Arteta with him!

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

I havent bothered to read this thread but someone must have said "one more season" by now!

He shouldn't be given a second longer than the time it takes him to clear his desk.

:roll:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I can't remember who made this comparison, I think it was on the match thread but Ashley Young cost £16 million, and we pay £15 million for A.O-C
That was me.
I just can't understand how anyone could argue that Oxo cube was a better signing for us now than Ashley Young would have been.

The problems go way deeper at Arsenal than just not spending money on the right players, thats why I think Wenger has to be sacked immediately, letting him spend money now is just a waste and will land us with the wrong players. But more than that, Wenger is not capable of changing formation/tactics etc. He plays 4-3-3, as do the reserve sides. Totally inflexible with everything he does, it's Wengers way only. I'm just stunned how the board and more to the point - Kroenke, lets this happen.