Bendtner; The Leg-end

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Has he missed a sitter yet? :D

:wink:
He ended up in Sunderland yesterday apparently he was aiming for Newcastle :?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's our Nick! :barscarf: :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

safc has too much time on his hands

:barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Have his trousers fallen down yet??

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Bendtner CV:

Slow
Can't control the ball to save hs life
Attitude stinks
Believes he is 50 times the player he is

...........yup, you've got a cracker mate! Good luck :lol: :lol:

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Unfortunately at this point there is very little in the way of Bendtner updates (I can feel the disappointment from here) as he is busy being Denmark's best ever striker. Hopefully we'll get more in the way of interviews etc from him upon his return.

He's been given the number 52 shirt as per his request and looks certain to make his debut against Chelsea.

The only snippets of interviews thus far have been conducted by the Danish media. A poster on the sunderland forum has taken one such interview and translated the main points which are thus:

-I had offers from other clubs. But I've always said that if I were to be loaned out, it would have to be to an English club. I have a son of 8 months, and I don't want to be away from him for longer periods of time.

-It was in the last minute. The transfer was confirmed 10 minutes before deadline. But I'm relieved and happy, and this move is perfect for me.

-I'm really happy that it was Sunderland. It's a place I really want to be. It's a good club with good support, and a manager I know and respect.

[He revealed he talked to Bruce before the transfer]
-He knows how much it means for me to get away from Arsenal.

[Replying to the question if he sees Sunderland as a step down]
-Sunderland is a place for me to kick-start my career again. I've been out for a long time after my car accident. But the most important thing for me is to wake up each day and be happy, even if it means I don't get to play in the biggest tournaments.

Another interview:

-Sunderland was where I wanted to go from the start. Now I can hopefully solve the problems I've had. I will get a lot of time on the pitch.

-The most important thing is the manager, whom I respect greatly and get along with really well.

All sounds good, can't wait to see the lad in action terrorising defences

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck to you safcftm and I genuinely think he will do okay for you guys, but do you seriously believe any of that, except for talking to Steve Bruce and the move going through last minute? :? For the past few months his thoughts have been to going anywhere but Sunderland!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

I actually think and hope he does well there and comes back to us next season.

Its a bit sad he was so desperate to leave us. I suppose abuse from fans, being continually played on the wing and not starting games took its toll.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I Hate Hleb wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck to you safcftm and I genuinely think he will do okay for you guys, but do you seriously believe any of that, except for talking to Steve Bruce and the move going through last minute? :? For the past few months his thoughts have been to going anywhere but Sunderland!! :lol: :lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol:

safcftm wrote:I'm really happy that it was Sunderland. It's a place I really want to be.
Yeah this bit is definately bollocks even the people from sunderland dont want to be in sunderland :wink: You live in Scotland dont you? :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Irish Gooner wrote:I actually think and hope he does well there and comes back to us next season.

Its a bit sad he was so desperate to leave us. I suppose abuse from fans, being continually played on the wing and not starting games took its toll.
And all for only just over £50k a week. Awwwwwww poor little diddums. :roll: :roll: :oops:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

flash gunner wrote:...

safcftm wrote:I'm really happy that it was Sunderland. It's a place I really want to be.
Yeah this bit is definately bollocks even the people from sunderland dont want to be in sunderland :wink: You live in Scotland dont you? :lol:
:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Never really had a problem with Big Barry.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

flash gunner wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: To be fair I'd move to Sunderland if there were jobs, but I take your point :wink:

Aye, obviously a lot of the interview will be your standard footballer speak but I think when no other PL clubs came in for him he will have been quite relieved that we wanted him since he seems desperate to feel like an important part of a team, knows he needs regular football if he's to progress and I believe him when he says he didnt want to move abroad because of his son. But aye, if you asked him on the 29th of August where he'd like to be after the window closed, Sunderland would have no doubt been quite far down his list. Still, I'm confident he'll enjoy being here now he's made the move and I think the move will work out well for us, him and Arsenal

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

basement.

please, for the love of god.

:roll: :banghead: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

safcftm wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: To be fair I'd move to Sunderland if there were jobs, but I take your point :wink:

Aye, obviously a lot of the interview will be your standard footballer speak but I think when no other PL clubs came in for him he will have been quite relieved that we wanted him since he seems desperate to feel like an important part of a team, knows he needs regular football if he's to progress and I believe him when he says he didnt want to move abroad because of his son. But aye, if you asked him on the 29th of August where he'd like to be after the window closed, Sunderland would have no doubt been quite far down his list. Still, I'm confident he'll enjoy being here now he's made the move and I think the move will work out well for us, him and Arsenal
Not taking the piss now :D but seriously its going to be interesting to see how he gets on. Playing for Sunderland in his right position and getting a run of games i think he might do quite well for you lot

Pirestzel

Post by Pirestzel »

If you ever get Orient in the cup Nick will get you a hat trick

apart from that your fucked