The decline of the Wig and Gown

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Swale_Gooner1985

The decline of the Wig and Gown

Post by Swale_Gooner1985 »

Now as some of you on here know, i was a massive fan of the wig and gown pub on Holloway road....think i mentioned it on here once or twice ad how much i liked it... :wink:

Anyway, i can no longer sing its praises, it has been taken over during the summer it would seem!! The place is now the pits!!

I had heard it had gone down hill but thought i needed to try it for myself, and the rumours were right, firstly the barmaids which were pretty attractive with low cut tops (not that im sexist) :-P have gone, replaced with pig ugly old hags and some bloke!! Rubbish!!

The multiple football matches they had on have gone...Rubbish!!

I went in at 3pm after the Liverpool game, and there was some kind of Hardcore Dance music on with a gang of drunken idiots throwing shaped trying to impress the 3 heavily made up females in the pub...this descended into drinks being thrown at each other, and people being whipped with tea towels, it was as if they had got the place confused with Malia or something

I finally left when once of the morons was shoved to the floor and his mates started kicking him round the pub

It looked like a lot of the regulars had gone as i saw them in other pubs during the evening...I wont be going in there again...shame!! :cry:

Herd

Re: The decline of the Wig and Gown

Post by Herd »

The Gown was Known as "FAT CLUB" in 2007

It got taken over in 2008 by some chain and the managers n staff got even uglier staff in .

By the time I left in 2009 nobody local ever drank in there

Don't tell me it got worse ?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Fucking hell Swale im suprised youre carrying on i would have :suicide: if i were you by now, think about it....

Your fave pub is now shit, the manager you once worshipped you now know is fucking useless, Bendtner has been outed, Song is going backwards and Theo is scoring for fun.... and to top it all you must be going back after your 6 weeks holidays :?

Is it worth carrying on?

:wink: only joking mate

REB

Post by REB »

plenty of other shit pubs in the area to drink in swale :lol:

Swale_Gooner1985

flash gunner wrote:Fucking hell Swale im suprised youre carrying on i would have :suicide: if i were you by now, think about it....

Your fave pub is now shit, the manager you once worshipped you now know is fucking useless, Bendtner has been outed, Song is going backwards and Theo is scoring for fun.... and to top it all you must be going back after your 6 weeks holidays :?

Is it worth carrying on?

:wink: only joking mate
Blimey....when its put like that...its all a bit grim isnt it!!

Swale_Gooner1985

REBEL GOONER wrote:plenty of other shit pubs in the area to drink in swale :lol:
Dont worry i will find one and tell you all about the wonders of it! :barscarf:

Swale_Gooner1985

Re: The decline of the Wig and Gown

Herd wrote:The Gown was Known as "FAT CLUB" in 2007

It got taken over in 2008 by some chain and the managers n staff got even uglier staff in .

By the time I left in 2009 nobody local ever drank in there

Don't tell me it got worse ?
You wouldnt want to mess with those old barmaids in there....hefty old birds werent they!!

after their spell ended it didnt improve much to start with, but last year they had 3 or 4 women behind the bar that were decent!! standing at the bar was prime position, not now, they have gone and been replaced with rubbish!!

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

always go in there when i can get other, is there is always good banter about it. Dont think ill bother anymore :?

Swale_Gooner1985

enjibenji wrote:always go in there when i can get other, is there is always good banter about it. Dont think ill bother anymore :?
Exactly, was always a good football pub, good banter, friendly staff and people, could have a good football chat in there with all types, always football on tv too....all changed!! full of pricks!!

augie

Post by augie »

You can tell a lot about a pub by their customers eh swale ? :wink: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I feel your pain, Swale. It shits blood when a boozer you like changes and goes to shit. :(

Love Flash's analysis of your life going off the rails too! :lol: :wink:

crocit

Post by crocit »

the blondie barmaid who was there last season no longer there, and the one with a fit arse and a sexy tattoo always shwiing just above her arse no longer there" the barmaids left arent excatly fit anymore! and the mnagarer behind the bar, i think, is manager, she counts the money ! is a moody bitch haha, never talks or smiles! still a great boozer! and my fave for aftr match!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

crocit wrote:the blondie barmaid who was there last season no longer there, and the one with a fit arse and a sexy tattoo always shwiing just above her arse no longer there" the barmaids left arent excatly fit anymore! and the mnagarer behind the bar, i think, is manager, she counts the money ! is a moody bitch haha, never talks or smiles! still a great boozer! and my fave for aftr match!
Wayne's World! Party on, dude! :barscarf:

:wink:

Swale_Gooner1985

crocit wrote:the blondie barmaid who was there last season no longer there, and the one with a fit arse and a sexy tattoo always shwiing just above her arse no longer there" the barmaids left arent excatly fit anymore! and the mnagarer behind the bar, i think, is manager, she counts the money ! is a moody bitch haha, never talks or smiles! still a great boozer! and my fave for aftr match!
what about all the dickheads? and the acid house party going on at 3pm? fan of that?

Swale_Gooner1985

what about all the dickheads? and the acid house party going on at 3pm? fan of that?