The Long Term Future of our Club

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wengerball

The Long Term Future of our Club

Post by Wengerball »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... risis.html

The key to getting back on a level playing field with the big teams in our league (no we're not going to buy top quality talent)- We're hoping for another recession.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So if there isnt another huge recession in the next 3 weeks- 3 months then are we going to show some ambition?

Not likely

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

I like Wenger's timeline for this self predicted crisis; "Within the next 3 weeks. Or three months." :lol: Yeah Arsene, I'm sure City & Chelsea will have both gone into administration by Christmas :roll:

He reminds me of Homer in that Simpsons episode where he predicts doomsday & it never comes; "Just a minute, hold on. It's coming..."

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

He's deluded. City are basically funded by a country, and Abramovich has ploughed his money back into the club again recently.

Modern football has passed him by.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Wenger is the Michael Jackson of the football world. Lives in his own little bubble, has a pet chimp (called Pat), and I won't even mention having a penchance for signing young players...........now all we need is the Arsenal doctor to do a job for us!!!

Metalheadz Gooner

Post by Metalheadz Gooner »

we need to come out the dark ages and become a modern football club i.e get a sugar daddy who'll pump money into the club instead of taking money out of it.

We need this horrible *word censored*!!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

rigsby wrote:He's deluded. City are basically funded by a country, and Abramovich has ploughed his money back into the club again recently.

So true

I find it incredible that he makes these predictions regarding finances. The prediction that a club could go whole season unbeaten was based on football knowledge that he once had but what qualifies him to make such judgements regarding other peoples finances? He has a degree in economics but for fuck sake so has hundreds of thousands of other people (not me by the way :oops: ) having a degree in something doesnt make you an expert or spokesman for it :roll: and the timescale too 3 week or months :oops: fuck off Arsene

Wish he would shut his fucking mouth and get on with managing Arsenal FOOTBALL Club slightly better :roll:

richpye

Post by richpye »

rigsby wrote:He's deluded. City are basically funded by a country, and Abramovich has ploughed his money back into the club again recently.

But in other posts, people criticise him for saying he would be happy to finish second for the next 20 years!!!

If I was fighting against a team funded by a terrorist regime and another by the equivalent of the siberian mafia, I would be very happy finishing 2nd!!!

richpye

Post by richpye »

Metalheadz Gooner wrote:we need to come out the dark ages and become a modern football club i.e get a sugar daddy who'll pump money into the club instead of taking money out of it.

We need this horrible c**t!!

NO we really don't.
What we need to do is get our values that made Arsenal the most respected club in world football back. This is not done by some Sugar Daddy pumping millions into the club, but by being club that becomes successful but still has a sustainable business model

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Come on rich, do you think people like Korenke aren't just as dodgy? Danny Fizsman was involved in diamonds!

I couldn't give a shit about the 'Arsenal Way' its always been something for people like Hill-Wood to hide behind. Give me Usmanov, a bloke who actually seems to understand what needs to be done.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

richpye wrote:
Metalheadz Gooner wrote:we need to come out the dark ages and become a modern football club i.e get a sugar daddy who'll pump money into the club instead of taking money out of it.

We need this horrible c**t!!

NO we really don't.
What we need to do is get our values that made Arsenal the most respected club in world football back. This is not done by some Sugar Daddy pumping millions into the club, but by being club that becomes successful but still has a sustainable business model
Totally agreed.

The money's there, not just for transfer but the wages too.
I do like that we have a wage struture but it's just too out dated and it's pointless when you're over paying squad/fringe players.

Things should get better once the stadium pays itself and we start getting GOOD commerical deals again.
But that only helps as long as Wenger and the board are willing to pay.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

richpye wrote:

But in other posts, people criticise him for saying he would be happy to finish second for the next 20 years!!!

If I was fighting against a team funded by a terrorist regime and another by the equivalent of the siberian mafia, I would be very happy finishing 2nd!!!
I think its the word 'happy' that riles people. In the situation with city and the chavs you might accept 2nd is as good as it gets for a while but you cant be happy about it. Wenger said he would be happy to finish 2nd for the next 20 years.... What a wanky thing to say

Also dont forget we finished 4th last season in a 2 horse championship race with neither city or the chavs. For 2 of the last 4 seasons the title has been ours if we had strengthened in the right areas but Wenger didnt and now city have taken things possibly beyond us

Metalheadz Gooner

Do things the "arsenal way" or with "tradition" and we'll carry on with the same arguments you get on here day in day out. Basically we will go backwards !

Move forward and get the sugar daddy who wants to win, who can't stand losing, wants to be the best and we'll become a force again.

It's one of those situation where if you can't beat them, join them and we need a mega rich owner. Because currently we won't pay the top wages and thats what you've got to do to get the best.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Metalheadz Gooner wrote:Do things the "arsenal way" or with "tradition" and we'll carry on with the same arguments you get on here day in day out. Basically we will go backwards !

Move forward and get the sugar daddy who wants to win, who can't stand losing, wants to be the best and we'll become a force again.

It's one of those situation where if you can't beat them, join them and we need a mega rich owner. Because currently we won't pay the top wages and thats what you've got to do to get the best.
We can if we had a different board. No need for a sugardaddy.

Metalheadz Gooner

Boomer wrote:
Metalheadz Gooner wrote:Do things the "arsenal way" or with "tradition" and we'll carry on with the same arguments you get on here day in day out. Basically we will go backwards !

We can if we had a different board. No need for a sugardaddy.
it is actually depressing that with all this money we make all be it with crap commercial revenue we can't afford to stump up the money buy the best players in the world.

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

1. Usmanov is dodgy....errrr but Kroenke is affiliated to the Wal Mart family fortune. If you knew about their labour practices then no chance ppl would be calling Kroenke decent

2. Yeah yeah Arsene sure. The man with the degree in Economics who paid £10 mil for Koscielny, and has Vela, Bendtner and Denilson on loan at a cost of £10 mil to the club, the man that pays Diaby more than Modric. The man who earns £6.5 mil a year but then talks about the excesses in football....yeah yeah mate sure. Great economist you are! Pfffft....

3. I remember hearing in 2007 that Abramovich would soon get fed up and up sticks and leave. Nope. Still here, still pumping cash into the Chavs. So what next Arsene? Is the Middles East going to soon run out of oil? Are the FFP rules going to save us as the AKBs kept claiming! (hah). Will the Mansour family soon be on benefits?

What a fuckwit.

Because he is incapable of actually addressing football issues ON THE PITCH, this *word censored* starts painting doomsday scenarios. All the whilr, he cannot see that he is overseeing an unsustainable wage bill and a system that over-compensates mediocrity (form the players to himself)....Oh and a dwindling global fanbase and increasing empty seats.

Yeah that's right...YOU TELL EM ARSENE!
:roll: