Swansea Away Pub, tix and travel.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
HeyMarko1989

Swansea Away Pub, tix and travel.

Post by HeyMarko1989 »

Is there one? Accroding to Footballgroundguide or whatever it is, It's Drink in the stadium, Drink in a harvester or Frankie and Bennys or City Centre?

Thoughts and/or ideas?

M-50

Post by M-50 »

Football Ground Guide is usually spot on. Swansea difficult to assess as it's a first. Might do no harm to check a couple of the forums of teams that have already visited this season, should pick up something via that

LyusN1

Post by LyusN1 »

Sam Adams Boston Lager at Frankie & Benny's appeals to me. The idea of drinking in chain restaurants does not though... :lol:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Nothing around the ground few pubs in Morriston, rossis opposite the ground is good for chips, I can ask some filthy jack supporting friends for some advice on pubs

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Wind st in Swansea city centre is probably the best - well policed and apparently every game is like a cup final

LyusN1

Post by LyusN1 »

storrmin571 wrote:Wind st in Swansea city centre is probably the best - well policed and apparently every game is like a cup final
Ooh and a Frankie & Benny's there too :barscarf: :wink: SOLD!

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Any spare tickets? 2 needed if possible

Daycat

Swansea

Post by Daycat »

Youd be better off drinking down wind st full of bars there as all the pubs near the ground are home support. If you are arriving by train its just straight down the street you come out on. only 5 mins away

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

storrmin571 wrote:Wind st in Swansea city centre is probably the best - well policed and apparently every game is like a cup final

bit of a walk from the city centre to the ground, think i will go to Morrison's and get a coffee or maybe pop down the road and get a KFC :lol: :lol:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

It is a bit of a trek - neath road through the hafod and plasmarl. Or through port tennant - not sure if there's pavement that way though.been a few years since I've been out in jackland. Used to live in llanelli years ago. John hartson has or used to own a bar on wind st.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

OK I've made this a sticky for all subjects apart from the footy for this game.

MAJOR PROBLEMS ON THE TRAINS. BUSES FROM CARDIFF TO SWANSEA.

http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Trai ... ut%201.pdf

Also it is pretty impossible to use SW trains on Sunday cos of major engineering.

dave75

Post by dave75 »

So is anyone going by train on Sunday? Apart from the bus between Cardiff and Swansea, I thought the trains were Ok? Not so sure looking at that map?

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

dave75 wrote:So is anyone going by train on Sunday? Apart from the bus between Cardiff and Swansea, I thought the trains were Ok? Not so sure looking at that map?
Best thing to do is put your journey in the National Rail journey planner as that includes all engineering works too. From Woking to Swansea is over 4 hours, so glad I'm not going.

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/p ... ney/search

dave75

Post by dave75 »

I have done, and it says 3 1/2 hours from Paddington? Not great, but reading this thread was making me think twice re going! Anyway 10.34 seems to give me plenty of beer time (even if I am a sad git on my own for this one!).

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

dave75 wrote:I have done, and it says 3 1/2 hours from Paddington? Not great, but reading this thread was making me think twice re going! Anyway 10.34 seems to give me plenty of beer time (even if I am a sad git on my own for this one!).
Looks like you'll have time for a few after as well!

One thing not mentioned is that Swansea has probably the best beach of any city in Britain, few bars near it too.