Hodgson for England ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Hodgson for England ?

Post by SteveO 35 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17888928

Breaking news on the Beeb. He certainly fits the FA's old blazer squeaky clean image better than the tax dodging twitcher, who I don't think they've ever been comfortable with.

skipper

Re: Hodgson for England ?

Post by skipper »

Would be my choice, at least for the Euros. He's Englishman as well, with added bonus of European coaching expirience. But at the end of day, it's always down to players. Too many individuals and not enough team spirit have been England's problem for number of years.

Resident Plastic

Post by Resident Plastic »

Good for Hodgson, i've always liked him as a manager and as a person

milesgooner

Post by milesgooner »

Good news for Arsenal if WBA are a bit unsettled on the last game of the season!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Wenger for England we have to get him out somehow

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

milesgooner wrote:Good news for Arsenal if WBA are a bit unsettled on the last game of the season!
Strange but I thought exactly the opposite. Media will raise the profile of the game....Roy's big send off and all that. Might not quite be the 'holiday game' we hoped for.

Oh dear Arsene - poopy pants time once more !

skipper

Post by skipper »

SteveO 35 wrote:
milesgooner wrote:Good news for Arsenal if WBA are a bit unsettled on the last game of the season!
Strange but I thought exactly the opposite. Media will raise the profile of the game....Roy's big send off and all that. Might not quite be the 'holiday game' we hoped for.

Oh dear Arsene - poopy pants time once more !

...and England's first game at Euros is against team led by a Frenchman... :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

All jokes aside, as an Englishman, good luck to Woy. A very good coach and someone with good tournament experience and worthy of the nation's respect; something not afforded to him by those 'best fans in the world' scumbags from Merseyside.

Enjoy the honeymoon period Woy. If you thought the Mickeys fans were bad wait till you've got 50000 pissed up West Ham / Chavski / Leeds scumbags pretending to be Ing-er-lund fans at Wembley, giving the team dogs abuse

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Told Ya, appy arry is off to chelsea

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Rosie_titters wrote:Told Ya, appy arry is off to chelsea
Arry is off to Barcelona! 8)

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

frankbutcher wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:Told Ya, appy arry is off to chelsea
Arry is off to Barcelona! 8)

:shock: i thought Fat Sam allaydyce was going there :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

After reading all the abuse that the tax dodging twitcher has been getting on "glory glory( :roll: ) website recently, I think this is brilliant news :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a serious note I too am happy for hodgson - he took over a shithole club (victims), full of anger and looking for someone to blame for their mess (nothing new there then :roll: ) and woy fitted the bill perfectly. Of course he will be far more respected abroad than he will be within his own country :roll:

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Woy is the wrong decision. As much as it pains me, you only have to look at the success Di Matteo has had at Chelsea to see how modern day English Premiership players need to be handled. They need to be molly-coddled and told how good they are every day of the week. AVB tried to move on Lampard, Terry etc and it back-fired. Arry loves to lick arse and to have a laugh and a joke with the boys. Woy won't get on well there. He fell out with Gerrard et al and he will do the same with the England boys.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

:barscarf: WoyWoyWoyWoyWoy :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

Good luck Woy.