Reason's Why? Twitchy Didn't Get The Job As England Manager

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Reason's Why? Twitchy Didn't Get The Job As England Manager

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thought it would be interesting to canvas fellow Gooner's as to why they think twitchy/cheese on toast face didn't get the England managers job.

Now I know we have to be careful (for legal reasons etc) but I feel sure there are some very worthy and interesting view points waiting to be shared as to why the *word censored* got elbowed out of the way by Woy - especially as he thought he was a shoe in for it.

:D :D :D :barscarf:

There's a pint of Black Stuff for the Winner (at home or away game next season) from yours truly. :wink:

chyren1

Re: Reason's Why? Twitchy Didn't Get The Job As England Mana

Post by chyren1 »

Potential corruption scandal still to come maybe ??

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

its quite obvious - he is too expensive

psychoangus

Post by psychoangus »

The only people who thought he was a shoe-in was the media because they all suck his d*ck.

Now they've all been proven wrong you can see all the articles coming out of "Did the FA make the wrong move?" "What did Redknapp do wrong?" because all the sports writers are pissed off.

Redknapp didn't get picked because he's a xxxx xxxxx who all the players would love to see come in, there wouldn't be any discipline and it would be a return to the nicey, 'first-name terms' period of Mclaren.

Hodgson got it because despite the poisoned chalice of managing The Victims and that tenure aside, he's a decent bloke and a decent manager.

I hope he drops all the old guard (F-Frank, 'EBJT', Gareth 'How The F*ck Do I Get Picked' Barry and the scouser) because they're all proven international failures and goes with youth. He literally has nothing to lose.
Last edited by psychoangus on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

psychoangus wrote:The only people who thought he was a shoe-in was the media because they all suck his d*ck.

Now they've all been proven you can see all the articles coming out of "Did the FA make the wrong move?" "What did Redknapp do wrong?" because all the sports writers are pissed off.

Redknapp didn't get picked because he's a xxxx xxxxx who all the players would love to see come in, there wouldn't be any discipline and it would be a return to the nicey, 'first-name terms' period of Mclaren.

Hodgson got it because despite the poisoned chalice of managing The Victims and that tenure aside, he's a decent bloke and a decent manager.

I hope he drops all the old guard (F-Frank, 'EBJT', Gareth 'How The F*ck Do I Get Picked' Barry and the scouser) because they're all proven international failures and goes with youth. He literally has nothing to lose.

Not just the media :wink: :lol:

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

He's a :censored:

Rosicky's Right Boot

Post by Rosicky's Right Boot »

psychoangus wrote:The only people who thought he was a shoe-in was the media because they all suck his d*ck.

Now they've all been proven wrong you can see all the articles coming out of "Did the FA make the wrong move?" "What did Redknapp do wrong?" because all the sports writers are pissed off.

Exactly this, the articles and comment in today's mail was so bitter in tone it was unbelievable.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I think Woy is infinitely preferable to 'Arry. If you drew up a list of attributes you wanted in the new England manager (assuming he has to be English) Woy would tick nearly all of them. Arry's chief attributes seem to be that he's done OK at the Scum and the press love him. However, he's had shadows cast over him for many years and has changed tactics at the Scum just in time to start their downward slide. It'll be interesting to see what effect this has at the Scum.

augie

Post by augie »

I would suggest that his past has def come back to bite him on the arse here - the fa, after all the commotion in recent seasons, need somebody that is vanilla and woy fits the bill perfectly. He is a nice guy that offends nobody and has international experience plus he wont get too close to the players. The twitcher on the other hand has more previous than half the residents in the slammers and there is no way they could push him around - if the fa took the captaincy of a racist c**t when he was manager he would cause a right shitstorm that would see the media back him and would probably end up with the players refusing to play over it

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

I'm reliably informed by an insider in the FA that Redknapp didn't get the job as they didn't want to see him crash and burn for a 2nd time!!! :oops:

Macca

Post by Macca »

Because he's a dodgy, selfish, back stabbing saggy faced Twat .
Also,Trevor Brooking knows a lot about him from West Ham days, he hates him, so I'm told,and has probably let a few stories slip to the FA so they couldn't employ in case his dodgy past comes back to haunt him, again.
I also reckon the FA are power hungry and wanted to show people they were in charge and would decide, so stubbornly chose Roy and not the (so called) favourite as if to say 'what do you lot know (press,public,players),we'll decide!!'

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

- Potential large exit fee from Spurs.

- Circumstantial talk of bungs, tax dodging etc.

- Spurs in freefall since we beat them.

- Concerns about his heart condition.

- Hodgson being rewarded by the FA blazers for being a "decent chap".

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

He is a complete an utter *word censored*. Plus, the FA couldn't all fit in that fucking car of his for every single interview he ever gives.

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

Oh they wrote a letter to him asking him for an interview but as an illiterate he ignored it thinking it to be a tax demand.

Then his dog ate it.

:twisted:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

To many of the above:

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: I'm still laughing - So funny and many so insightful...I can see me having to buy more than one pint of the Black Stuff if this carries on.....Yes they are that good/funny/bang smack on the nail! :high5:

Brilliant just feckin' BRILL EE ANT! :high5: :D :D :D :barscarf: