PAT RICE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: PAT RICE

Post by Herd »

Firstly I don't know anyone who has a bad word to say about Pat Rice ,but then Ive yet to hear anyone say anything about him.
Q . Has any player ever said anything about Pat ?????

Answer not until this season when people talk of his retirement when I fully expect witty anecdotes and gushing tributes pour forth.

JD
most exciting league win ever in '89, the relentless '91 Champions which only lost one game, '93 first ever domestic cup double, '94 CupWinners Cup,p.
Ive watched these games as a spectator too JD just like Pat .

I just don't see why we should fall at the feet of a man who has been best equipped to try and fix the problems the club has with tactics and team selection other than Wenger but has chosen to take the path of least resistance.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Any man that has kept the same hair style since 1978 deserves a special place in the club's history.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Post by 1989 »

"He is renowned for being loud and having strong opinions,"

Interesting!

Let's hope he will be the one to give the bottlers the bollocking/ear bashing they deserve and be a challenging presence for the GIC.

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Wenger having someone challenge his shite management?
LOL!

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

I'm not sure it's even clear who is actually going to be Wenger's number 2 as both Bouldy and Banfield are supposedly being promoted and some media outlets are saying the latter will be taking over Pat Rice's duties. :? :?

Post by 1989 »

I Hate Hleb wrote:I'm not sure it's even clear who is actually going to be Wenger's number 2 as both Bouldy and Banfield are supposedly being promoted and some media outlets are saying the latter will be taking over Pat Rice's duties. :? :?
Bould will be no 2, Banfield first team coach.

Daily Fail also running the story:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... enger.html

Bould could well be the best signing we make this summer.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Don't expect Bould to Rock the Boat ,his teams play the same tip tap football as dictated by le prof !

Remember this is a 1 million pound a year Job and dissent is not permitted !

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

this board is classic - just found out by pm herd is upset with me
people getting hurt feelings after criticism for slating Arsenal club legends...

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Herd, I don't think anybody has "fallen at the feet..." of Pat, but he has served the club well for a very long time and deserves some credit.

Many of us will have wished that Pat would be able to influence AW to make changes but we can't be sure that he hasn't tried.
We don't know what his job description is, what role he does or doesn't play etc and AW will always make his own mind up, so it will be very difficult to know what effect Pat has had.
Also, I'm not aware of many Assistants getting their bosses to change their ways.

The influence that the Arsenal No.2 has may become evident when the new man takes up his role, but I doubt we'll see much change.

Macca

Post by Macca »

Can't believe people are arguing about this thread....he's put a lot of years in player/coaching, do we really know what input he's had or not ?? Doubt he'd have been around so long if he was shit. So let's wish him well...yes, he's been paid well but that's football...?

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Happy for Bould if the appointment if official (as yet unofficial) but I do agree with those who question how much input he and Banfield will have.

Wenger runs the show, and they will take orders.

Would be a culture change for them to frequently question Wenger.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

There win be no change at all.Bould and Banfield are not going to rock the boat.As Herd says its money for old rope

augie

Post by augie »

The one thing that makes me laugh is the theory that these moves are good for the club cos the coaching set up need freshening up..........how does moving existing coaches around equate to freshening things up ? Same faces same ideas means same old same old to me

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:The one thing that makes me laugh is the theory that these moves are good for the club cos the coaching set up need freshening up..........how does moving existing coaches around equate to freshening things up ? Same faces same ideas means same old same old to me

Rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic eh Augie? :wink: