PAT RICE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Barriecuda

Re: PAT RICE

Post by Barriecuda »

QuartzGooner wrote:
Barriecuda wrote:
1989 wrote:Steve Bould is the new assistant manager, just heard from a very reliable source.
I hope this isn't the third false "my reliable source" I've heard around here :?
Good test of 1989's source!
Let's hope he doesn't end up in the Sammy & frankbutcher category :lol:

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Barriecuda wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
Barriecuda wrote:
1989 wrote:Steve Bould is the new assistant manager, just heard from a very reliable source.
I hope this isn't the third false "my reliable source" I've heard around here :?
:evil:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Oh and Frank Sav, let's not forget... 8)

Post by 1989 »

Barriecuda wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
Barriecuda wrote:
You're all going to look stupid when it soon gets confirmed. :-P :barscarf: :wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Barriecuda wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
Barriecuda wrote:
Yeah - any false rumours when it comes to what is happening to Rice will result in being creamed and then ending up mullered!! :-P :lol: :lol: :wink:

Post by 1989 »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
Barriecuda wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
Barriecuda wrote:
Yeah - any false rumours when it comes to what is happening to Rice will result in being creamed and then ending up mullered!! :-P :lol: :lol: :wink:
Thankfully I've added my sauce and I believe it's reliable... :oops:

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

The rumours of Lehmann seem wide of the mark. I am hearing that Brian Talbot is a target. Currently European scout for Fulham.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm sorry I really don't buy this loyal servant stuff as much as I liked the man as a player .
He came back after his Watford sabbatical ,in 84 and did well enough for a time as the Youth Coach but has done nothing as assistant manager except hold the clip board or put the cones out .
If anyone could get through to Wenger it should have been him but he has chosen to remain silent ,mind you 1 million pounds a year is pretty good hush money !
The players don't respect him and ,if anyone has loyalty it's Arsenal to him not vice-verse as he has done very well out of the Club !
Last edited by Herd on Mon May 07, 2012 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

No one works at a place for decades if they are not happy, treated and paid well, but that doesnt mean they are not to be appreciated for their loyalty. Also there is nothing to suggest Pat have not countered Wenger's ideas, maybe he had behind closed doors (there have been couple of instances this season where they seemed to be having an argument during a game). It is upto Wenger to accept Pat's suggestions or not and whether Wenger is the type of person who would take suggestions onboard and consider implementing them is debatable. I personally don't think Pat is the yes man that most of us seem to think he is, its just that he worked under a man who has too much power and hates to delegate. If anything I feel sorry for Pat.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

Herd wrote:I'm sorry I really don't buy this loyal servant stuff as much as I liked the man as a player .
He came back after his Watford sabbatical ,in 84 and did well enough for a time as the Youth Coach but has done nothing as assistant manager except hold the clip board or put the cones out .
If anyone could get through to Wenger it should have been him but he has chosen to remain silent ,mind you 1 million pounds a year is pretty good hush money !
The players don't respect him and ,if anyone has loyalty it's Arsenal to him not vice-verse as he has done very well out of the Club !
What has the Pat Rice ever done for us?
Just been involved various Cup runs (several European finals) recently the year after year of getting into the CL out of the groups, most exciting league win ever in '89, the relentless '91 Champions which only lost one game, '93 first ever domestic cup double, '94 CupWinners Cup, '98 League and FA Cup double, '02 League and FA Cup double, '03 FA Cup, '04 Unbeaten Invincible season, '05 FA Cup.
Yeah apart from that what has the Pat Rice ever done for us?

you are a mug

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

Talksport floating Talbot...

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Herd wrote:I'm sorry I really don't buy this loyal servant stuff as much as I liked the man as a player .
If the players don't respect someone who's put 40 odd years in at the club, that says way more about the players than Pat.

i'd bet you a pint Herd, that true professionals like Dennis, Cesc and the Famous Five had utter respect for both Pat and Bob, which is as is should be,

These kids can learn The Arsenal Way - or they can end up as drunks and rapists like pennant, bentley, bendtner and those sarf london chavs.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

frankbutcher wrote:The rumours of Lehmann seem wide of the mark.
Yeah, has to be a wind up, surely? :lol:

Would love it to be true though 8) :lol:

I'd be amazed if it's not Bould.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

frankbutcher wrote:The rumours of Lehmann seem wide of the mark. I am hearing that Brian Talbot is a target. Currently European scout for Fulham.

Remind us who started tht rumour about lehmann not too sure but wasnt it mentioned in the same post as Vertohagen. :wink:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

g88ner wrote:
I'd be amazed if it's not Bould.
I'm surprised Brady hasn't been mentioned - 15 years as head of Youth development, ex-Ireland AM to Trap.

I still wish bloody Dennis would change his mind. stubborn bugger.