England (Liverpool?) Squad Euro 2012

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
frankbutcher

England (Liverpool?) Squad Euro 2012

Post by frankbutcher »

Ferdinand and Walker left out. John Ruddy and Andy Carroll in. More to follow.... (all from twatter. 8) )
Last edited by frankbutcher on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Block_5_Gooner

Re: England Squad Euro 2012

Post by Block_5_Gooner »

Just seen this also from Sky. Please don't say he's taking that twat Terry over Ferdinand? :shock: :roll: :banghead:

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Grant Holt should go. England is obsessed with brand name players rather than players in form, it's absolute nonsense. 17 goals in the Premiership this year, always giving 110%. Carroll has a good last couple weeks and he gets a nod. Ugh. No wonder you guys never win anything.

Terry is a virus. I wouldn't take him either. Good defender, but massive c*nt, I can't see him being good in the dressing room whatsoever.

Anyway England needs to do something different to get some different results, lets see if Woyboy has the bollocks to.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I can't believe that 2 or 3 reasonable games has the press drooling over 'Carroll's dramatic return to form'.

Can't wait to see a midfield of Parker, Lampard, Gerrard and Barry propelling their zimmer frames at high speed up and down the pitch. They can't keep hold of the ball or get about the pitch. Another great tournament beckons.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

I think realistically there will only be 1 Arsenal player in the sqaud - one of our big 3 and our only genuinely english world class player - Theo Walcott

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

Scholes going to be included?

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

Red Member wrote:I think realistically there will only be 1 Arsenal player in the sqaud - one of our big 3 and our only genuinely english world class player - Theo Walcott

Ox will be included which is a good thing in my opinion as it will rule him out of the Olympics.

richpye

Post by richpye »

Apparently Crouch has been dropped as well.
Admittedly I haven't checked his record this year but thought he would at least be an option
I don't get why he never seems to be flavour of the month.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Ox should go, he has been very promising this season and he has shown more balls on the wing than Theo ever will.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Block_5_Gooner wrote:Just seen this also from Sky. Please don't say he's taking that tw@t Terry over Ferdinand? :shock: :roll: :banghead:
Woy is a wacist

:wink:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

rodders999 wrote:
Block_5_Gooner wrote:Just seen this also from Sky. Please don't say he's taking that tw@t Terry over Ferdinand? :shock: :roll: :banghead:
Woy is a wacist

:wink:
You could be on to something Rodders, apparently he's just said he's taking Terry cos it's the white decision. :roll: :oops:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

Red Member wrote:I think realistically there will only be 1 Arsenal player in the sqaud - one of our big 3 and our only genuinely english world class player - Theo Walcott
what does genuinely English mean?
is Jack secretly Scottish?

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

Jack Wilshere is only a potentially world class player and if he doesnt come back soon he will sadly not fulfill that potential. Theo Walcott is an England regular, PL and CL star - world class performer on the highest stages

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

RoscommonGooner wrote:

Ox will be included which is a good thing in my opinion as it will rule him out of the Olympics.
Would be ironic. Always thought Wenger was giving him minimal game time in a desperate attempt to avoid him going to the euros, to our own detriment in the run-in. I'd forgotten he could still play in the olympics tbh.

augie

Post by augie »

GranadaJoe wrote:I can't believe that 2 or 3 reasonable games has the press drooling over 'Carroll's dramatic return to form'.

Can't wait to see a midfield of Parker, Lampard, Gerrard and Barry propelling their zimmer frames at high speed up and down the pitch. They can't keep hold of the ball or get about the pitch. Another great tournament beckons.

That is a lot of the problem with england........the fans and media expect them to be charging around at 100 miles an hour like they do in their domestic league but international football isnt like that and is more about ball retention but you guys cannot adapt.

I also agree 100% with barrie's assesment of terry - the guy is a virus and woy had a real chance to lay down his mark right from the outset and it doesnt look promising that he bottled it. If he didnt trust ferdinands back injury then so be it but he still shouldnt have inc terry and it is probably the one position where england have plenty of options.