THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Redarmy »

Wenger saying Iwobi makes "Arsenal tick"

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has hailed the "top-class" talent of Alex Iwobi, and he says there is more to come from the 21-year-old this season.

"We forget sometimes that Alex is still a very young player; there must be a lot more to come from him because he has more personality in the game now," Wenger told arsenal.com.

Dont rate him...another over rated Wenger player...i think he's not up to it....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:52 am
Wenger saying Iwobi makes "Arsenal tick"

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has hailed the "top-class" talent of Alex Iwobi, and he says there is more to come from the 21-year-old this season.

"We forget sometimes that Alex is still a very young player; there must be a lot more to come from him because he has more personality in the game now," Wenger told arsenal.com.

Dont rate him...another over rated Wenger player...i think he's not up to it....
Very young player FFS...we been saying same about Wally look at the bloke blagging £140K a week :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Alan Ball named MOTM in a World Cup Final despite Hurst scoring a hat trick....Think he was he at the time ????

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/24/arsene-we ... m-6952912/

Firing out warnings to Pep & Mourinho now. Pep probably laughs, Jose probably sneers. Two managers who wouldn't employ Wenger as their assistants assistant.

augie

Post by augie »

Another day means another load of bullshite comments from the frenck pr*ck :roll:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... ibbs-Klopp

I especially like the part where he suggests that no player improves after they leave AFC - I think it is fair to say that the list of players that he has improved in the last decade would be extremely short too :roll: Anyway I'm sure that PV4, cesc, rvp, clichy, overmars, henry, French lesbo etc, will all be crying about not improving every time that they polish their assorted league and champs league medals :oops: :oops:

If you think that the above comment was comical, then how about this one .............. "We have improved a lot in the medical department since I have been in the job, but a muscle problem still takes 21 days like it did 30 years ago" - as a Gooner for the past 40 years, I can confirm that we have NEVER had as many players injured as we have had under this French c.unt :evil: Treatments to fix muscle injuries have seen massive improvements (everywhere outside AFC it seems :roll: ) and shouldn't take anywhere near as long to cure, but regardless it still avoids the fact that players under his management suffer far, far more muscle injuries than in any club anywhere else in the world :banghead:

A slow painful death for him, would be the same as he is inflicting on our club :cry: :cry: Please fcuk off you c.unt :twisted: :twisted:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:41 am
http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/24/arsene-we ... m-6952912/

Firing out warnings to Pep & Mourinho now. Pep probably laughs, Jose probably sneers. Two managers who wouldn't employ Wenger as their assistants assistant.
says a manager who has NEVER won a European competition in his life and who has NEVER won the league cup in his 21 years at Arsenal :banghead:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Has he gone yet?

flash gunner

Re: WENGER RESIGNS!!!

Post by flash gunner »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:12 pm
Oh hello.......
i imagine this being said in the style of Charles Hawtry

Jumpers For Goalposts

Re: WENGER RESIGNS!!!

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:30 pm
Oh hello.......
Or Leslie Phillips - followed by a lecherous Ding Dong :lol:

flash gunner

Re: WENGER RE-SIGNS!!!

Post by flash gunner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:41 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:30 pm
Oh hello.......
Or Leslie Phillips - followed by a lecherous Ding Dong :lol:
:lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Was talking with a mates young son at the weekend about Arsenal and it was refreshing to hear that he is firmly Wenger out. Maybe there is some hope for the future? :barscarf:

Did make me smile when he said every season under Wenger is hound dog day though :D

NickF

Post by NickF »

I'm currently reading Tony Adams new book (a bit heavy going to be honest). One quote which seems really true is:

"In Arsene's later years as manager, i couldn't envisage any other player having the authority to challenge him, which would worry me".

Also states he thought the club were disrespectful to only offer a pay as you play contract rather than a straight one year deal for his final season.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Medicine for these dark days of wenger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BAEJyuReWQ

General

Post by General »

NickF

Post by NickF »

We're in Europe. We play twice a week. Get over it.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:19 pm
We're in Europe. We play twice a week. Get over it.
Football should be 3 PM on a Saturday, Euro games midweek Weds- KO only like the old days, none of this bs group stage sh1te (Zzzz).

Football is becoming a real joke but as long as they love it in China, India, USA....

:banghead: