THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:Is the FA cup worth another 2+ years of Wenger?.

:rubchin:
The Chavs will humiliate us - Again. :oops: :cry:

NickF

Post by NickF »

rodders999 wrote:I dread to think how bad we'll be by the time he's finished with us in 2 years time.
I thought the this one was supposed to his last contract?
If his still signs a new one, then how many more after that.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

NickF wrote:
rodders999 wrote:I dread to think how bad we'll be by the time he's finished with us in 2 years time.
I thought the this one was supposed to his last contract?
If his still signs a new one, then how many more after that.
He'll keep going like North Korea. Even when he's dead, he'll be honorary manager or some bollocks.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Hey Guys ...our generous benefactor has just put another £500 into the kitty. Give what you can and they will match it...I give you my word every penny will go to hounding this fucking charlatan out :barscarf: :barscarf: :

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

He actually came out with this, just before he flounced out of his post-match interview:

""They were sharper than us physically today and we had problems to play,"

Nurse, nurse! Quick!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

:barscarf:

monkswell

Post by monkswell »

Ah well that's the title now officially out of reach. The laws of mathematics are so unfair!

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Bob Bayliss wrote:He actually came out with this, just before he flounced out of his post-match interview:

""They were sharper than us physically today and we had problems to play,"

Nurse, nurse! Quick!
What is his obsession with the word sharp?, he uses variants of it (usually sharpness) in any interview after a defeat, the man is certifiable, they say there is a fine line between madness and genius, well we all know which side of the line Arsene falls, somebody please just lock him up in a padded cell, I'm sure he can invent some fantasy world where he is the best manager in the world, in fact I'm sure he is already there..

Babu

Post by Babu »

phpBB [video]

Q. What is your reaction?

A. I think it was a tight game until they scored the first goal, and then we conceded straight away a soft penalty and the 2-0 was a shock. We gave spurs big confidence and it took us time to recover from that and in the end they created chances and we were lucky to keep it to 2-0

In the last 15 minutes we dominated the game but without being capable to create clear cut chances or to take any chance we created...

Q. Did you learn anything about your players or the formation this afternoon?

A. Look, I felt there was plenty of room in the first half especially to score goals that we didn't use well because we played a leetle bit with restricted attitude and I felt we lacked a little bit freedom to play and desire to hurt them more than what we did. We took our chances we created in the first half we didn't take them well, not with enough conviction and with enough determination.

And this is the "walk-out" video...
phpBB [video]

Wenger: We were too restricted in our game and didn't play with enough freedom.

Q. Why did you not play without enough freedom, do you think?

A. Because at the moment we are not completely back to the level of confidence that you need to play with freedom, you know, and because the players realise it's a big game, and that the two together do that.

blah, blah, the desire was there,

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

You know what? Fuck all this. Fucking fuck all this. Fuck that *word censored* that owns this club for whatever selfish, money-mad reason, fuck that old prick that manages the team. Fuck you for being so fucking arrogant and narcisstic, fuck you for being so fucking blind and for allowing standards to slip so far. Fuck you all those players that tolerate this and don't fucking care. Fuck you for not standing up to the board or manager. Fuck you, you little *word censored* for not getting the owner in and demanding better. Fuck you, the rest of the board for fucking sitting there and thinking this is ok. Fuck you for being so fucking dishonest about moving ground. Fuck you for making us leave Highbury. We were happy there. Fuck you, Wenger for your shit fucking tactics and fucking excuses. Fuck you for all that "I didn't see it" shit years ago. Fuck you for not winning the European Cup with the best players this has club had seen since the 1930s. Just fucking fuck you for your fucking vainglorious ego-trip of that unbeaten season. Fuck you, because it was all about you and your ego. Fuck you for not winning the treble or quadruple that year just to equal or better Man. Utd. Fuck you for being so fucking wound up by Mourinho and not managing to find a way to meaningfully beat him. Fuck you for not changing tactics or changing the coaching team. Fuck you for sticking with David Seaman when Manninger was miles better and in the form of his life. Fuck you for driving out Arshavin and Reyes and Podolski and Cole. Fuck you for not playing Ian Wright in that 1998 Cup Final. Fuck you for buying and playing all those shit players that I can't be fucked to name because there are too many but mostly fuck you for that *word censored* Silvestre. Fuck you for the bottlers tag. Fuck you for the last 10 years and fuck you, just fucking fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you, you old arrogant, narcissistic *word censored*. Fuck you and fuck off out of our club. Our club. Not yours. Fuck off.

augie

Post by augie »

Am I the only one that felt that henry was calling him out on his "tactical formation changes" both before and after the game ? Henry went on before the game about how lucky we were to beat boro, citeeh and Leicester, and he hasn't seen anything to make it seem that we are set up any better. He also stated that wenker used to always moan about teams coming to play us with nothing but defending in their game-plan, and that wenker used to say that he wanted to face teams that came to take us on by playing ball - henry pointed out that the scum are a team that come to play football, and he basically challenged wenker to come out and attack them instead of playing defensively

General

Post by General »

Yeah Henry wasn't holding back there. Josh Kroenke must have been watching his potential recruit.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:You know what? Fuck all this. Fucking fuck all this. Fuck that *word censored* that owns this club for whatever selfish, money-mad reason, fuck that old prick that manages the team. Fuck you for being so fucking arrogant and narcisstic, fuck you for being so fucking blind and for allowing standards to slip so far. Fuck you all those players that tolerate this and don't fucking care. Fuck you for not standing up to the board or manager. Fuck you, you little *word censored* for not getting the owner in and demanding better. Fuck you, the rest of the board for fucking sitting there and thinking this is ok. Fuck you for being so fucking dishonest about moving ground. Fuck you for making us leave Highbury. We were happy there. Fuck you, Wenger for your shit fucking tactics and fucking excuses. Fuck you for all that "I didn't see it" shit years ago. Fuck you for not winning the European Cup with the best players this has club had seen since the 1930s. Just fucking fuck you for your fucking vainglorious ego-trip of that unbeaten season. Fuck you, because it was all about you and your ego. Fuck you for not winning the treble or quadruple that year just to equal or better Man. Utd. Fuck you for being so fucking wound up by Mourinho and not managing to find a way to meaningfully beat him. Fuck you for not changing tactics or changing the coaching team. Fuck you for sticking with David Seaman when Manninger was miles better and in the form of his life. Fuck you for driving out Arshavin and Reyes and Podolski and Cole. Fuck you for not playing Ian Wright in that 1998 Cup Final. Fuck you for buying and playing all those shit players that I can't be fucked to name because there are too many but mostly fuck you for that *word censored* Silvestre. Fuck you for the bottlers tag. Fuck you for the last 10 years and fuck you, just fucking fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you, you old arrogant, narcissistic *word censored*. Fuck you and fuck off out of our club. Our club. Not yours. Fuck off.
So you want him to leave then........??

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Excellent input from Stewart Robson on Talksport now saying he wrote an article in 2008 questioning Wengers ability to rebuild a squad....and of course he's standing by what he wrote.

Said that Ali should never have been allowed to get to that ball first yesterday and there is no hunger or desire in our side and WENGER is to blame for that. He NEVER questions his players after defeats but comes up with any and every excuse under the sun. EVERYTHING but his players. Also said he thinks Wenger will be there next season as we have left it too late to find a replacement. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

What really annoys me, is his confidence during the midweek press conferences. He started lecturing Pochettino through the media, telling him how hard it will be to build a stadium and be competitive, and denying any sort of a power shift. I was thinking, why is Wenger from 6th position, talking down to the manager in 2nd position? Does it not occur to Wenger, that Pochettino doesnt give a F what Wenger thinks, and deep down only thinks of Chelsea slipping up so he can lead Spurs to the title?

Wenger loves the press conferences all week, but post Spurs he answers one question, then fuks off down the tunnel - rudely ignoring a question in the process of being asked.

Its the same act we see almost every pre-season. Full of confidence, thinking he is in total control and well equipped for the season ahead. Then when its game time, he is horribly exposed and his arrogant attitude turns defensive, vile and nasty. Go back to the season Cesc and Nasri were sold and no one was brought in. He was asked if he thought the team lacked quality and squad too thin. Wenger laughed off these worries as he thought he was in total control. But then the horror show happens cultivated by the 8-2 humbling, and arrogant Arsene turns into whipped dog Arsene.

We seeit again this week, the wins over Bora and Leicester, the win over City, and arrogant Arsene was out again in the press, but then a humbling by Spurs and Arsene reverts back to whipped dog Arsene who no longer wants to have fun in press conferences.

Wenger is the ultimate sing when your winning loser. He is like one of those load mouth boxers who covets the press and tells everyone how great they are, but 30 seconds into the fight they are on the canvass, and when leaving the venue they go out the back door to avoid any questions.