THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

donaldo71 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:Now that Arteta has gone,looks like Koscielny is going to be the new club Captain
When he goes up to toss the coin he will turn his back on it. :banghead:
:lol: :lol: :high5:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
markyp wrote:
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
markyp wrote:really don't get the Ramsey bashing,over inflated ego?? don't make me laugh,you wont meet a more grounded bloke,when do you ever see him in the papers partying and smoking a bong?? as for waving his arms about in games it shows he actually gives a toss,players cant win,then they show passion its called and over inflated ego when they show none its called an over inflated ego :shock:
Ramsey is one of the worst midfielders in the league, that's why he's bashed constantly.
this forum really is a joke,to come out with shit like that is beyond parody.ok his flicks get on your tits and hes had one stand out season but the worst midfielder in the league? some people on here don't see any good in any single Arsenal players,youd think we were absolute dogshite,how long before Xhaka is thrown under the bus??
What does Ramsey do other than kick the ball out for a throw in to the opposition? Or passing it to them? Or slow down the counter attack? He does NOTHING to benefit the team whatsoever and each time he starts it's like we're ten men down.

When he was injured we played a quicker, more effective game. Ramsey is a terrible footballer who should be nowhere near Arsenal FC.
100% agree. Ramsey has been here only 2 years less than Walcott......8 fucking years, and in all that time he's had one decent season. Not sure why he gets afforded so much patience whilst others get slammed within a couple of seasons. He was absolutely fucking awful last season, especially in the latter half and I can only hope that the Xhaka signing shunts him out of the side. My big fear is that Wenger will somehow accommodate him out wide where he's even more fucking hopeless. If I could flog one player in the Summer it would be him

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I have a real problem with the attitude of the British players in our squad and to be honest i'd be happy for him to offload the majority of them.

Looking at Walcott, Gibbs, Ramsey and Ox on their current form none of them are good enough for the team and i don't see any of them improving under Wenger.

You could probably make a good amount of money off them and replace them with players with more desire and better attitudes either by buying or promoting players.

Oh and please can he get rid of Sanogo too :banghead:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

come on, a lot of the criticism of the team on here is overboard but ramsey deserves a lot of the stick he gets, the man plays without any common sense and is always looking to go on a holloywood run or looks for the hollywood pass instead of doing the basics right. any other manager would have given him a clip round the ear and sortened him out years ago.

had a great 13-14 season, has been misfiring for a lot of the time before and after.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Theo had one good year, and hasnt done anything since. Its a theme among British players - they believe their own hype. British players get better coverage than foreign players, and it really does go to their head. I mean FFS, Walcott has actually been linked with Barcelona, as has Aaron Ramsey. And as no one at Arsenal keeps them grounded, and tell them they are nothing and the Barcelona rumours are dogshit, they must fill their own heads of delusions about their own ability (Barcelona want me, I must brilliant).

As its been noted with Ramsey's flicks - why has no one told him to stop it? Ramsey cant be allowed to believe he is a player who can flick the ball like Ronaldinho. He needs go go back to basics, getting up and getting down the field, keeping his passing simple, and basing his game as a midfielder who times his runs into the box and scores. Although I cant help but feel Wenger encourages Ramsey to 'express' himself. I cant imagine Wenger telling player who cut out the tippy tappy stuff. So if any players wants to 'express himself' with flicks and tricks and back heels, I am convinced Wenger will do nothing.

Then there is Jose, who often restricts players. Everyone says Jose curbed Ashley Cole's attacking instincts, and saying this was meant as criticism. Yet Ashley Cole played in one of the toughest defences in Europe. So when someone says Jose curbed Ashley Cole's attacking instincts - so what???

Its the same when we get caught on the break, the pundits say 'its Arsenal's philosophy, they like to attack, its just how the play' - as if that justifies getting so often caught on the counter. How about.......no, its not philosophy, its ill-discipline and poor management. And allowing Ramsey to continue with his flicks, tricks and back heels isnt encouraging attacking football, its poor management in allowing a player to play a brand of football he has no business playing. If Jose had Ramsey, he would make Ramsey cut it out, and whilst Ramsey would become a more effective player, Jose would also be criticized for 'restricting Ramsey'.

I do believe Jose, in the sense Wenger has it golden with the press. Being called a world class indispensable manager despite obvious limitations and a long dated history of making repetitive mistakes. Whilst Jose on the other hand get criticized for finishing 2nd.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 16776.html

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ews-Gossip

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

markyp wrote:really don't get the Ramsey bashing,over inflated ego?? don't make me laugh,you wont meet a more grounded bloke,when do you ever see him in the papers partying and smoking a bong?? as for waving his arms about in games it shows he actually gives a toss,players cant win,then they show passion its called and over inflated ego when they show none its called an over inflated ego :shock:
What has not being in the papers for partying and smoking a bong got to do with his ego or being grounded?? Nothing. Ludicrous comparison. You are believing he is grounded because you have bought into his bullshit media image. His ego problem is clearly demonstrated on the pitch.

Waving his arms is not genuinely "showing he gives a toss", it is making the gesture of showing he gives a toss by indicating "hey look at me, I'm so good, but the rest of them are shit, oh poor me". And that is a fucking no no. You do not do that. Have you ever played football? Golden rule at all levels is respect your team mates - you absolutely do not act the whining bitch towards them on the pitch if they make a mistake.

What makes it even more infuriating is the mistake is usually Ramsey's, caused by his over-elaboration, delaying on the ball, or ludicrous flicks, which he then tries to blame on a team mate not giving him the ball where he wanted it. Or as often happens, one of his team mates sees a better option for a pass and Ramsey has a pop because he wasn't given the ball, because he genuinely (and wrongly) believes he is world class and can control the pace of the game. That is pure out of whack ego.

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Ramsey is bang average, not a terrible footballer, but not good enough to start for a top side challenging for the title. One good season mixed in with 4 or 5 mediocre ones.

Off the pitch he seems a decent enough guy, charity work etc. Same with Walcott, Ox etc these guys are good people but not good enough for Arsenal to play regularly and start games. At least under the current manager. I do think someone like Simeone or Mourinho would get more out of them, but that tells you the biggest problem at this club again, Arsene Wenger.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Kvltman wrote:Ramsey is bang average, not a terrible footballer, but not good enough to start for a top side challenging for the title. One good season mixed in with 4 or 5 mediocre ones.

Off the pitch he seems a decent enough guy, charity work etc. Same with Walcott, Ox etc these guys are good people but not good enough for Arsenal to play regularly and start games. At least under the current manager. I do think someone like Simeone or Mourinho would get more out of them, but that tells you the biggest problem at this club again, Arsene Wenger.
The problem is he doesn't view himself as bang average, he views himself as a top player.

Again, what Ramsey is like off the pitch is irrelevant. We are talking about how his ego and inflated self belief is affecting his play on the pitch. I'm sure Mertesacker is a lovely bloke off the pitch - that doesn't stop him being a gutless coward on it though.

I agree totally though that Wenger is a big part of the problem and a better more pragmatic manager should (and probably would) get more effective service from the likes of Ramsey.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
What has not being in the papers for partying and smoking a bong got to do with his ego or being grounded?? Nothing. Ludicrous comparison. You are believing he is grounded because you have bought into his bullshit media image. His ego problem is clearly demonstrated on the pitch.

Waving his arms is not genuinely "showing he gives a toss", it is making the gesture of showing he gives a toss by indicating "hey look at me, I'm so good, but the rest of them are shit, oh poor me". And that is a fucking no no. You do not do that. Have you ever played football? Golden rule at all levels is respect your team mates - you absolutely do not act the whining bitch towards them on the pitch if they make a mistake.

What makes it even more infuriating is the mistake is usually Ramsey's, caused by his over-elaboration, delaying on the ball, or ludicrous flicks, which he then tries to blame on a team mate not giving him the ball where he wanted it. Or as often happens, one of his team mates sees a better option for a pass and Ramsey has a pop because he wasn't given the ball, because he genuinely (and wrongly) believes he is world class and can control the pace of the game. That is pure out of whack ego.
To top it off, following from what Steve O has said above too, in all the years he has been here is in the only footballer I have ever seen to not learn from the stupid mistakes he makes. You wouldn't mid if they were mistakes because he wants to try but is just shit, they are mistakes he makes because he this is he is amazing and each failed flick or pass is not a lesson learned. He continues to do the same move for the whole 90mins and for the whole season and it's because of his damn ego. He has a serious ego and a bad attitude in which is reflected by his over dramatic spas out when he isn't given the ball in a stupid position.

Coupled with the fact that he wants to be a part of every attack we make some makes these charging runs thinking he is Thierry Henry which lead to nothing but him being out of position. The man is the biggest liability in the team and actually makes me wish we had Song instead.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Arsenal transfer news: Aaron Ramsey refuses to rule out Barcelona switch 'in the future'

Right on cue, and I was saying - a player with no grasp on his own limitations. In what fuking world do Barcelona want Ramsey?

With Xhaka signed, he wont even get in our team yet he is talking about playing for Barcelona.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 58296.html

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wilson wrote:Arsenal transfer news: Aaron Ramsey refuses to rule out Barcelona switch 'in the future'

Right on cue, and I was saying - a player with no grasp on his own limitations. In what fuking world do Barcelona want Ramsey?

With Xhaka signed, he wont even get in our team yet he is talking about playing for Barcelona.

What the absolute fuck? Barca? :coffeespit: :roll: :oops:

I know the odd dud sneaks in there (Song and Hleb, anyone??) but to be in the media making statements like that is yet another indicator that Ramsey's ego and inflated self belief is far greater than his actual talent or ability. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

What, you mean like Walnutt did to jenkinson when we got raped 8 -2 at manure - Walnutt being the amazing attacking player he thinks he is decided not to track back and help out a defender in his first or 2nd game...they score and walnutt then had the audacity to blame Jenkinson - who was left stranded against 2 players - all because walnutt didn't do his job / didn't see the danger and help his tema mate out. That's the same Walnutt who is on £140k a week! and is of course a favourite of wenger :evil:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wilson wrote:Arsenal transfer news: Aaron Ramsey refuses to rule out Barcelona switch 'in the future'

What the absolute fuck? Barca? :coffeespit: :roll: :oops:

I know the odd dud sneaks in there (Song and Hleb, anyone??) but to be in the media making statements like that is yet another indicator that Ramsey's ego and inflated self belief is far greater than his actual talent or ability. :roll:

Ramsey needs a good bitch slapping. Mind you so do walnutt And Giroud, anyone else notice a pattern here - those 3 pussified axe wounds are always picked by wenker no matter how bad they are...?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

What, you mean like Walnutt did to jenkinson when we got raped 8 -2 at manure - Walnutt being the amazing attacking player he thinks he is decided not to track back and help out a defender in his first or 2nd game...they score and walnutt then had the audacity to blame Jenkinson - who was left stranded against 2 players - all because walnutt didn't do his job / didn't see the danger and help his tema mate out. That's the same Walnutt who is on £140k a week! and is of course a favourite of wenger :evil:
Yep. That was one of the most cowardly disgusting acts I've seen on a football pitch (along with Feo's bitch-like jump out of a 50/50 towards then of this season :oops: ). If I'd been Feo's captain that day he lit up Jenko I'd have slapped him in the dressing room afterwards. :x

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

The man should be fucking drug tested. :banghead: :oops:
The mm isn't good enough to play for Blackburn, let alone Barca.