THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by robbo10 »

Midz wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:55 pm
They're all rotten to the core, the board the management etc etc but the only one who can make any difference to what happens on the pitch is the manager. So if Wenger went/goes the rest will still be *word censored* and rotten but whoever comes in short or long term will start to immediately make a difference. And that's what we all want to see.
I bet Wenger is the only manager in World football who walks into work every morning without fear of the sack,
its laughable,or would be if the joke wasn't on us

MrT

Post by MrT »

Tales from the rumour mill

Josh Kroenke in town

Wenger will be sacked if he doesn't make the CL.

Arteta is being sounded out as a replacement.

At this point, I wouldn't be against Arteta. Obviously doesn't have much experience but well respected, young and hopefully a breath of fresh air. Has the backroom personnel to make the signings with Sanllehi and Mislintat.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Brendan Rogers is on the list according to John Cross in the Mirror and Daily Mail reporting same thing.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

MrT wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:00 pm

Josh Kroenke in town

At this point, I wouldn't be against Arteta. Obviously doesn't have much experience but well respected, young and hopefully a breath of fresh air. Has the backroom personnel to make the signings with Sanllehi and Mislintat.
Well Wenger was always the one to crow about his record of getting top 4, it would be fitting that he got sacked for failing to get there in successive seasons, he doesn't have a domestic cup to fall back on, he is truly at the last chance saloon with the Europa league, but even with his luck of the devil I don't think it will be enough to overcome the defensive frailties of his team and the lack of motivation from most of the players.

He could have gone with 'some' dignity after the two cup finals (more so the first) but he thought he could re-invent himself, lol, now he is going to go out without any dignity, sad really, but I don't feel sorry for him, his ego and the lack of urgency/ambition from the American parasite are both to blame for this situation.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:36 pm
Brendan Rogers is on the list according to John Cross in the Mirror and Daily Mail reporting same thing.
That would be a pathetic appointment. He did ok at Liverpool but that was before some better managers arrived in the PL, we should be aiming much higher than this, so it's probably true given the lack of ambition we have from our scum regime.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I'd take Rogers over Wenger.

At this stage, I'd take a shower with OneBard and DB10 if it meant Wenger left. :wink: :barscarf:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

mcdowell42 wrote:
He's just trying to create a be careful what you wish for story, no way will Rodgers be on the list.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:18 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
He's just trying to create a be careful what you wish for story, no way will Rodgers be on the list.
id take Buck Rogers over wenger let alone Brendan

GTG

Post by GTG »

I'm genuinely not fussed who comes in as long as it's someone. Let's be frank we don't trust the board to get it right and theres one thing for sure.... If they get it wrong there won't be anything like the same patience shown to Wenger so the new man would be gone and the board have another crack.

This process may take 10 years before we get back to where we should be but at least there will be hope and change.

Right now that would do me.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

markyp wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:00 am
Gunnersaurus wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
I'd have Kenny Rogers.............with Dolly Parton as his number 2. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:14 am

At this stage, I'd take a shower with OneBard and DB10 if it meant Wenger left. :wink: :barscarf:
:lol:

You'd fucking enjoy it mate! I'd use EwokBard as a dildo on you. No lube either bitch. 8)

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

robbo10 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:21 am
markyp wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:00 am
Gunnersaurus wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
I'd have Kenny Rogers.............with Dolly Parton as his number 2. :barscarf:
I'd take Ginger Rogers.....at least she'd coach Mustafi to dance gracefully out of the way of a dropping ball

Or maybe Clodagh Rodgers......she'd get Jack in the box

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fuck Brendan Rogers I'd take an inanimate carbon rod.... oh, hang on.... we already have that.... :roll:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:32 am
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:14 am

:lol:

You'd fucking enjoy it mate! I'd use EwokBard as a dildo on you. No lube either bitch. 8)
Carry on carry on.............I'm on the vinegar strokes.......... :oops: :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

MrT wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:00 pm

Josh Kroenke in town

I guess we have to be realistic and acknowledge that diego simeone is but a pipe dream, and I suspect conte would be the same, so for me the only two candidates worth considering are ancelotti and PV4 - originally I had wanted an experienced guy like ancelotti, but now I am leaning more towards appointing PV4. Romford pele spoke last night and supported the idea of PV4, and suggested that he feels that the fans would give him time to get the club back up competing again - we all realise that there is an awful mess there to sort out for the next manager whenever that happens, and if PV4 would be given the time then I would want him as next manager no doubt. Vieira knows the club and it's dynamic, and also knows the lie of the land with the fans - he was universally loved because he fought to win every single day, and we need that type of attitude in our club right now. The man has some managerial experience (albeit in the mls) so wouldnt be a rookie in the henry or arteta mode, and might be the right the right choice in this moment of time