THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by General »

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Giroud will leave if Wenger 'shakes up' the Arsenal forward line.

In other words, Giroud is expecting Sanchez to leave which will enable him to be first striker again. However, if Wenger dares try to replace Sanchez then Giroud will leave.

This pretty much sums up the mentality of our squad, that some of our players are eyeing better players to leave so they an take their spot, whilst at the same time not wanting to compete for the place against a new signing.

If Giroud only avenue to being first choice striker is the sale of Sanchez, and subsequent refusal to replace Sanchez, then its shocking really. But with Wenger in charge, you can just see him coming out and saying 'we dont need a striker, we have Giroud' - the day after Sanchez is sold.

EastupperA

Post by EastupperA »

Sod it all, if Wenger stays I'd be disappointed in Sanchez as a man if he didn't leave. I'd love to see us plunge into mid table mediocrity and the AKB get what they fucking deserve. I'd also be disappointed if gazadis stayed as he knows under Wenger there is no hope. As we know the definition of madness is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results from what has gone before....Kroenke, Wenger all mad sociopaths who don't give a fuck.

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

Wenger, though, is mindful that strange things can happen on the final day of a season and, almost instinctively, he brought up the most famous finale of them all. “Man City won the championship in the last minute against QPR,” Wenger said. “So, it can happen.”

This! This! This!

Is this the worst thing this charlatan has ever said?

You know I had him in my sights one lovely summer day in Austria.
There I was, wandering round the country, enjoying the air, and I saw the charlatan on his bicycle.

I could have made it to the bike, put a stick in the wheel, and clubbed him with a stone.

I didn't. I'm sorry.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Just on SSN...We have the best final day record of the three teams chasing the VT spots...The excitement is just too much.... :barscarf:

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

EastupperA wrote: As we know the definition of madness is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results from what has gone before....Kroenke, Wenger all mad sociopaths who don't give a fuck.
Well, yes and no.
They don't give a fuck - about us.
They do give a fuck about themselves.

Kroenke owns a soccer team, an American football team, a basketball team, a hockey team, even a lacrosse team, and ranches, etc., etc.

As for Wenger...well, he's got free reign over "by far the greatest team, the World had ever seen", and is getting paid nine million of your english pounds to do it.

Now who are the mad ones again?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Bradywasking wrote:Just on SSN...We have the best final day record of the three teams chasing the VT spots...The excitement is just too much.... :barscarf:

There has to be a trophy for that

General

Post by General »

Hopefully Liverpool do the business today. It would be even better if their result didn't matter.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Swiss Tony Adams wrote:Wenger, though, is mindful that strange things can happen on the final day of a season and, almost instinctively, he brought up the most famous finale of them all. “Man City won the championship in the last minute against QPR,” Wenger said. “So, it can happen.”

This! This! This!

Is this the worst thing this charlatan has ever said?

You know I had him in my sights one lovely summer day in Austria.
There I was, wandering round the country, enjoying the air, and I saw the charlatan on his bicycle.

I could have made it to the bike, put a stick in the wheel, and clubbed him with a stone.

I didn't. I'm sorry.
City only needed to win, not rely on other results. Wenger steps in it again.

The Donald Trump of football

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

What a surprise...

The Sunday Times claim the Frenchman has told pals he's planning on being in north London for another two seasons.

Forget about Usmanov as well unless its silly money £2 Billion Plus....even then its doubtful

Another 2 years of banners guys?????? or just give up?????

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Redarmy wrote:What a surprise...

The Sunday Times claim the Frenchman has told pals he's planning on being in north London for another two seasons.

Forget about Usmanov as well unless its silly money £2 Billion Plus....even then its doubtful

How has this utter *word censored* got any friends? More to the point, why on earth does he think he even think he can stay. He stays, we need to declare all out war on him. Not just banners; go for pitch invasions, full-on boycotts, walk-outs, whatever. He's opened himself up to everything he gets now.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:

How has this utter *word censored* got any friends? More to the point, why on earth does he think he even think he can stay. He stays, we need to declare all out war on him. Not just banners; go for pitch invasions, full-on boycotts, walk-outs, whatever. He's opened himself up to everything he gets now.
Have you been to the Emirates recently? People glance around uncomfortably if somebody tries to start a chant in certain sections of the ground at least. Dissent is still very very rare.

Very little chance of getting the Johnny Come Lately posh twats, hipsters and tourists that the club has filled the stadium with of showing any passion or real interest, never mind what you're on about.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

northbank123 wrote:

Have you been to the Emirates recently? People glance around uncomfortably if somebody tries to start a chant in certain sections of the ground at least. Dissent is still very very rare.

Very little chance of getting the Johnny Come Lately posh twats, hipsters and tourists that the club has filled the stadium with of showing any passion or real interest, never mind what you're on about.
Perhaps we could disrupt the deliveries of coffee beans and the frothing machine for the luuvvies' cappuccinos and lattes. They'd be hell to pay then.

NickF

Post by NickF »

northbank123 wrote:

That is about right, if we win they go home happy and that is a far as it goes. Poor results are immediately forgotten.

General

Post by General »

You just have to watch the press conference below and you'll get your answer. When pressed whether Everton would be his last game and how he'd want to say goodbye properly.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39972064

His response says it all the utter cunnt. You can tell he's secretly enjoying it all and the chance to stick two fingers to his detractors. Fact of the matter is, he doesn't give a shit what others think. He is desperate to carry on and would probably sign on for free. He will never escape his conscience though, knowing that a considerable section of fans hate his guts and want him gone. Thanks to a few fans on here, we've got the message out that this is not some knee jerk reaction to a poor season. This is a longstanding resistance. I also hope any new contract announcement comes against a backdrop of negativity starting with our failure to secure a top 4 finish today.