THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Herd »

In my own case ive 2 silvers, i wouldnt be able to click "renew" if he stays, it''l be tough and they wont give a toss about my £110 or what ever it is...but i'd be a mug to give it to them!!
Il take yours :-)

Seriously my dirty protest is the way forward as it might put off the tourists ,dumping dog shit in the armoury might help too ! :o :shock: :lol:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Herd wrote:
In my own case ive 2 silvers, i wouldnt be able to click "renew" if he stays, it''l be tough and they wont give a toss about my £110 or what ever it is...but i'd be a mug to give it to them!!
Il take yours :-)

Seriously my dirty protest is the way forward as it might put off the tourists ,dumping dog shit in the armoury might help too ! :o :shock: :lol:
"Shit for the Arsenal, we're gonna shit for the Arsenal"

armchair

Post by armchair »

xgtdec wrote:
augie wrote:Btw, in the past I have on occasion defended those who chose to renew their season tickets, but this ship has now sailed - any c.unt that renews after he signs the contract is not a proper Gooner imo :evil: :evil: :evil:
Yep.
I'll take your two silvers.

Too many want to moan on social media for 10 - 12 years and do f all tangeable.

I reckon hes gone anyway.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Not sure how many tourists would be interested in going to see a team floundering in 8th with no star players playing boring turgid football. Not an easy sell that.

The whole if I give up my seat 10 others will take my place argument is DOA these days.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Music and football have always been a very big part of my life ,from Punk to Puccini O i love it all and I still go to gigs even at my age .
During this last week every time I think of the Wenger farce I keep thinking of this song !

What a fool believes by the Doobie Brothers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJe1iUuAW4M

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:Not sure how many tourists would be interested in going to see a team floundering in 8th with no star players playing boring turgid football. Not an easy sell that.

The whole if I give up my seat 10 others will take my place argument is DOA these days.
I'd be inclined to agree that it's not like it used to be RE the waiting list etc but I think they would still sell enough initially to corporates and tourists. And then a few years into the mid table stuff, we'd see a huge drop off.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Music and football have always been a very big part of my life ,from Punk to Puccini O i love it all and I still go to gigs even at my age .
During this last week every time I think of the Wenger farce I keep thinking of this song !

Was rewatching the Sopranos last night and they played "World Destruction" on it and I thought of you, mate! :barscarf: 8)

Great song, years ahead of it's time. 8)

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:Not sure how many tourists would be interested in going to see a team floundering in 8th with no star players playing boring turgid football. Not an easy sell that.

As I said previously, they are now offering season tickets to a friend or family member if you are next in line on the waiting list - that is not the sort of thing that you do if you are confident that there are thousands just waiting to snap up a season tickets

Babu

Post by Babu »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Was rewatching the Sopranos last night and they played "World Destruction" on it and I thought of you, mate! :barscarf: 8)

Talking of World Destruction...

Did anyone see this Anti-Trump Billboard?

phpBB [video]

armchair

Post by armchair »

So...........if someone reckons spurs will finish ahead of us this season and posts it on here, will they get called a "scum supporter" and vilified again?
:rubchin:

Asking for a friend..........

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jumpers For Goalposts - you have PM mate.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
General wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Gary Nonsense is at it again. Fucking dullard contradicts himself in every sentence. Prick. :censored:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... r-protests

:oops: :roll: :roll: :censored:
What is he on. Too much Zumba me thinks :lol:
Neville said: "I would support completely the idea that managers can't be sacked during the season.

"When you set off at the start of the season with a manager then he has to be your manager for the entire season".
:lol:

It's bizarre really. :lol:

"Hey I know you are nearing relegation and will lose millions and may go out of business, but Gary Nonsense doesn't like to see his manager friends (friends, best friends, manager friends - with thanks to The Inbetweeners :lol: ) get sacked so tough shit you are stuck with Pulis/FatFuck/Curbishley/Pardew/[DELETE AS APPLICABLE] for the whole season - byyyyyyeeee!"

:lol: :roll: :lol:

You forgot to include Wenger in that list !! :lol: :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:Music and football have always been a very big part of my life ,from Punk to Puccini O i love it all and I still go to gigs even at my age .

Lydon always was ahead of the curve ,even if u didn't like it some of the metal box stuff was futuristic too.
Unfortunately it seems like his co writer Africa Bombatta whom I also knew in NYC years ago ,was a batty boy which kind of ruins his street cred with the bronx massive !
We talk a bit about music but never his own unless its the latest release or whether he should play this or that . for example he doesn't like Rise whereas as a fan I love it and its a great one for the crowds who love him .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Lydon always was ahead of the curve ,even if u didn't like it some of the metal box stuff was futuristic too.
Unfortunately it seems like his co writer Africa Bombatta whom I also knew in NYC years ago ,was a batty boy which kind of ruins his street cred with the bronx massive !
We talk a bit about music but never his own unless its the latest release or whether he should play this or that . for example he doesn't like Rise whereas as a fan I love it and its a great one for the crowds who love him .
My old metal band used to cover Rise. We did a really heavy version of it too. Love that song. Our singer used to sing hang the lizard from a tree instead of anger is an energy and only one punter ever pulled us up on it. The punter was a proper old skool Pistols and PIL man. 8)

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

Much as I hate Piers Morgan I have just listened to him on Talkshite and I had to agree with everything he said... he absolutely caned Wenger and the board.

WENGER OUT! :evil: