THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Redarmy »

sk-gtfo wrote:So Usmanov gets criticised because he might keep Wenger on until he gets tired of him (probably 1 season at most) but Kroenke has been fine to keep Wenger on 3-4 years too long already?, but that is all Wenger's fault, nothing to do with Stan?.

I really hope it is only a minority of gooners who think like this otherwise we are screwed, seriously if Kroenke does refuse to sell I hope you are all happy when he turns us to a midtable club like all his other s**t teams and who will you blame then when Wenger has finally buggered off?.

The best thing Usmanov can do now, assuming Kroenke wont sell, is get former player(s) involved with R&W, Ian Wright has come out in support of him so why not get him on board?, start to turn the screw against Stan and drive a wedge between him and the fans, get some really bad PR for him, this is just the start of the war I think, sadly it's probably going to get messy but rather that than a future which looks decidedly bleak under the American profiteer we've been lumbered with.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... b-alisher/

Depressing if true.
In my opinion would be a great move if Usmanov takes over, saw him at Monaco when we played there, genuinely think he has a real interest in the team/Club.
But all just talk at the moment, if he comes back with £2 BILLION Kronke may be tempted....but i very much doubt it
He wants Arsenal for his collection much to our misfortune, we will never see a CL win, just my humble opinion of course :D

DB10GOONER

Re: WENGER NEEDS TO TAKE A LONG OZIL

Post by DB10GOONER »

WengerOut wrote:In honour of his disappearing acts through out much of the season, the Collins English dictionary has changed the word holiday to ozil, Wenger needs to take a long ozil so Arsenal fans can enjoy their summer ozils.

During the 2016 summer ozils, months before Wenger spent £86million net (more than the £51million net of the EPL champions Chelsea) and before single ball of 2016-2017 premiership season was kicked. I confidently told everyone that come May 2017 Arsenal will finish 5th with no trophies aka win dilly squat/ sweet FA. On Sat when that proves right after Liverpool and Man City win at Middlesbrough and Watford respectively, Will that make me a genius greater than Nostradamus? Hell no. I have just seen Wenger and the nonsense same old Arsenal, replayed year after year that with confident I can tell you what the clowns are going to do before a single ball is kicked.
So this is not just a Wenger out post ( Monsieur Wengabe, Do one ..excuse my French). It is a kronke out, gutless Gazidis out, weak “fans” who have and still ‘religiously support this tyrant and dictator aka Wengabe’ out, good fans who ‘seem to have woken up a few weeks ago after the 10-2 and now are back to lets support this team since Wenger is going to stay’ out…Be under no illusion and wake up from the Wenger delusion..even if you restructure, give him £300million etc, ARSENAL WILL NEVER WIN THE LEAGUE AGAIN UNDER WENGER.

Let us look at the glaring overwhelming evidence to support this assertion. Over the last 13 years since our last title during the invincible 2003-2004 season, whilst Ferguson has rebuilt 2-3 different Man U title winning teams, Man City, Chelsea and even minnows, Leicester have won the league title, Arsenal under Wenger has won dilly squat league titles in those 13 years. Even in the last few years when all the other top four teams were doing their best to hand us the title with pundits saying Arsenal will never get an easier and better chance to win the league, we still flopped. Arsenal under Wenger is the equivalent of a player who placed dead centre in front of the goal in the six yard box, took away the goalkeeper and centre backs…making it impossible to miss would still somehow contrive a way to miss and miss badly. So 1 or 2 maybe 3 years of no titles is unlucky but year after year to a total of 12 straight years of 0 league titles is a demonstrated and proved trend of utter incompetence and failure. Financial markets will tell you that trend is your friend and that consistently underperforming stocks will continue to underperform in the long term. Couldn't have described Arsenal any better.

To those who say oh but Wenger is great? With the accent of Kelechi, “I beg, just slap yourself, and your sense dey upgrade”. 13 years of spending £100s of millions just to finish top 4 with no league titles is rubbish. Since David Devin left and since dismantling the “2003-2004 invincibles” without replacing them, the only thing Wenger has been great at has been to just manage to finish 4th in the last few weeks of the every season (credit sometimes higher but only due to other teams failing). Here is a fact: With Arsenal finishing 5th this season, Wenger is no longer great at finishing 4th any more. Wenger progression and therefore legacy has been to go from title winning to 13 years of finishing top 4 to now not finishing top 4. Even a blind man in Timbuktu would tell you that is backward progression aka recession aka decline not stagnation as the 4 teams ahead of Arsenal and those around us are all getting better. Spurs under Pochetino is evidence of forward progression in going from 5th to 3rd to 2nd, from not winning to winning the local derby convincingly and in having the better youth players and current team.

Oh but you forgot Wenger great legacy for Arsenal…like Troopz would say “hamroll”! This “Wenger leaving a great legacy” idea is a delusion the media continues to perpetuate but let us look at the facts and measure his legacy on 3 crucial areas. Firstly, the present aka the current squad, how many of this current squad are world class and would make it into the top EPL teams let alone Barcelona or Real Madrid team? Err err maybe and only just maybe Sanchez. Secondly, the Scouting system. At the start of his tenure, we had a scouting system that gave rise to anelka, Viera, Bergkamp (Was and still is pure class at 48), Henry, Kanu, heck all the invincibles and Fabregas, RVP etc. Class, quality top draw trekkers players all over the gaffe. Over the last 13 years and today, with the exception of Sanchez and Cech, our scouting system having spent £100s of millions has produced a bunch of overpriced stale hamrolls!! Just google the team of World class players Wenger had the chance to sign but didn't….the sheer ineptitude to not sign those players would make a grown man cry. Thirdly,Youth aka the Future. At the time of the invincibles, Arsenal youth team/ younger generation were lauded as the best. Fabregas, Gibbs, RVP, Walcott, Nasri just to name a few. Today, name me one Arsenal youth team player of note? Err err..Hamrolls!:-) So from the beginning of his tenure with excellent present squad aka the invincibles, great scope of improvement/good scouting system and a great future with the best young player then. To now Wenger’s actually legacy is a shit present with nonsense hamrolls current squad, no hope of improving the present/shit scouting system and no future. That my friends, is a legacy of utter incompetence worth ridiculing and clowning not a great legacy worth praising or being grateful for.

Don't think I forgot his other many failings aka further evidence of a crap legacy. I am feeling a tad sorry for him(ha ha) by not mentioning the same Arsenal problem that is printed yearly in every newspaper (lack of leaderships, fight, good defensive midfielder, 30+ goals striker etc), the repeated nonsense performances, his lack of decision making during games until the 71st min, his stubbornness of sticking with the same strategy whilst the modern game has moved on, offering £40million+£1 for Suarez then paying £42.5million for chief hamroll Ozil, his excuse about not having enough money to compete with big clubs yet poor Leicester won the League and went further in the champions league, that moving to Emirates was supposed to help us compete with the likes of Bayern Munich who recently spanked us 10-2, that we spent more this season to end up lower than last season aka gone backwards…I could go on and on destroying the delusion of Wenger being a great manager or having a great legacy but I have more than made my point based on the present, scouting and future criteria above.

Oh, be careful what you wish for…look at Man U….again, hamroll! Even DT could manage the club..hold tight, G!:-) Change is a quintessential part of growth hence life. Chelsea fired a title winning manager and guess what they just won the title again yet Wenger after winning no titles for 13 years…you are afraid to change? Nonsense! Along with Ozil, Walcott, Ramsey, Giroud and the rest of the clowns, I would gladly pay to drop Ozil off at PSG and Wenger off at whatever Chinese club that wants him, heck they might pay Arsenal handsomely to replace him.

Had Wenger been in charge of any other club or worked for any other firm he would have been fired a decade ago. His dictatorship that is crippling Arsenal football club has been maintained by the support of many “traitorous” Arsenal fans (like TY & Chris) vocally and those who keep quiet hence acquiesce to the past 13 years of utter nonsense and decline. Giving Wenger more money to spend as the past has shown is largely the same as giving a blonde bimbo lots of money, you’ll end up with a lot of expensive useless things. They say 2 things are certain in life, death and taxes. Like the last 13 years, you can now also add Wenger being senile, clueless and Arsenal not winning the EPL titles under Wenger.

The saddest thing and also the most annoying thing is that this dictator will stay another 2 years or longer til he dies. He will never willingly give up his tight hold over the reins of the club or his psychotic belief that the club won't be better without him. So when he does stay, rather than fans accepting defeat and continued mediocrity of Arsenal’s demise and Europa league football (we won't get close to winning or win that either), we, the true Arsenal fans should no longer accept or tolerate it. Forget the Robbie(@ArsenalfanTV) “stick your head in the sand” defeatist approach of “come August, with Wenger staying, let us all get behind the Dictator and the clowns(not a team are they?), with raised expectations of winning the title next year then come March 2018 reduce it to winning the FA Cup then last few weeks of the season, lets at least finish 4th and celebrate it like we won something” cycle. Nah, just do one! Arsenal fans should refuse to accept this nonsense of the past 13 years, should demand change from the board and if they won't listen at first, make it unbearable for Wenger to stay by protesting and critically boycotting game after game in large numbers. For 13 seasons, you have tried the Robbie “get behind the team” and it has got you no where and 13 years of no titles, disappoint, wasted money etc so you got nothing to lose protesting and boycotting game after game until the board relents.i guarantee you it won't take another 13 years of no trophies, more likely half a season – a season max depending on how stubborn the board is then Arsenal will be back to winning titles and trophies within 6-7 years maybe earlier not spend the next 13 years under Wenger in a state of perpetual decline.

If fans are the lifeblood of a club, then fans must be able to influence the board to make critical strategic and managerial decisions for the benefit of the club. For Arsenal football club and the legacy of past greats and the invincibles to survive, wholesale changes are needed across every part of the club. Those changes must begin with #WENGEROUT #KronkeOut #GazidisOut #WalcottRk,amseyGiroudOUT #ALL”HAMROLLS”OUT

Copyright..all rights reserved
Already a Wenger thread. Check before you start a new thread. Merged. :yawn:

DB10GOONER

Re: Absolutely done

Post by DB10GOONER »

JimmyAFC wrote:I am absolutely done with this 'club' for the next two years if he signs. I know everyone throws that line around, but I am genuinely done if he signs again.

I've had enough. I have had an absolute gut-full of him and that board.

Sad times, but I can't listen or look at that old bastard anymore.
Talking about Wenger right? Already a thread. Post your huge announcement there. Cheers. Merged. :yawn:

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

armchair wrote:So let me get this straight......

Kroenke gets criticised for not "sacking Wenger years ago" (He only took over in 2011 btw and this criticism seems to have changed from "get him out hes milking the club, bleeding us dry" etc, etc bullshit...)

So ok, lets speculate and say Usmanov does take over yea? Hes ok to keep Wenger on as manager and for up to 3-4yrs according to some on here?

Some people havent given this very much thought at all really
I don't believe for one moment Usmanov will keep Wenger on for long. He needs to make noises about 'stability' while he is bidding for control, but he is not cut from the same cloth as Silent Stan. Once he has the reins, he will soon lose patience with Wenger. If we want Wenger gone anytime soon, assuming he does not go in the summer, then Usmanov is our best bet.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I've never met a yank that doesn't love money more than his mother, wife,children and even his own health!! If usmanov really wants to buy the club then he needs to up his offer! Then we could be rid of this American c u n t!!!
So let's see your folding, mr usmanov!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:So Usmanov gets criticised because he might keep Wenger on until he gets tired of him (probably 1 season at most) but Kroenke has been fine to keep Wenger on 3-4 years too long already?, but that is all Wenger's fault, nothing to do with Stan?.

I really hope it is only a minority of gooners who think like this otherwise we are screwed, seriously if Kroenke does refuse to sell I hope you are all happy when he turns us to a midtable club like all his other s**t teams and who will you blame then when Wenger has finally buggered off?.

The best thing Usmanov can do now, assuming Kroenke wont sell, is get former player(s) involved with R&W, Ian Wright has come out in support of him so why not get him on board?, start to turn the screw against Stan and drive a wedge between him and the fans, get some really bad PR for him, this is just the start of the war I think, sadly it's probably going to get messy but rather that than a future which looks decidedly bleak under the American profiteer we've been lumbered with.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... b-alisher/

Depressing if true.
In my opinion would be a great move if Usmanov takes over, saw him at Monaco when we played there, genuinely think he has a real interest in the team/Club.
But all just talk at the moment, if he comes back with £2 BILLION Kronke may be tempted....but i very much doubt it
He wants Arsenal for his collection much to our misfortune, we will never see a CL win, just my humble opinion of course :D

Arsenal: Stan Kroenke 'committed long term' despite Alisher Usmanov bid....he is going nowhere, get used to it......

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

goonersid wrote:I've never met a yank that doesn't love money more than his mother, wife,children and even his own health!! If usmanov really wants to buy the club then he needs to up his offer! Then we could be rid of this American c u n t!!!
Kronke WILL NOT SELL to Usmanov......thats it...

he will be around in another 5 years, get used to free transfers coming in the summer....

NO CL coming soon......get used to chavs and scum taking the piss

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:cry:

:banghead:

:suicide:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
goonersid wrote:I've never met a yank that doesn't love money more than his mother, wife,children and even his own health!! If usmanov really wants to buy the club then he needs to up his offer! Then we could be rid of this American c u n t!!!
Kronke WILL NOT SELL to Usmanov......thats it...

he will be around in another 5 years, get used to free transfers coming in the summer....

NO CL coming soon......get used to chavs and scum taking the piss
silent Stans sporting franchises, we are heading for mid table obscurity.... :barscarf:

Stan Kroenke’s sporting franchises
Team Sport Latest performance
Arsenal Football – Premier League Fifth in league, FA Cup finalists
Colorado Rapids Football – MLS Bottom of Western Conference
Colorado Avalanche Hockey – NHL Bottom of Western Conference
Denver Nuggets Basketball – NBA Ninth in Western Conference
Los Angeles Rams American Football – NFL Third in NFC West

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

If Ivan really wants Wenger out he should bring this as part of his presentation at the board meeting after the cup final.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... years.html

In all seriousness, reading the article, it could have been taken from any season over the last 6 or 7 years or maybe longer.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Typed in Tony Adams to Twitter for a laugh and the amount of abuse from JcLs was absolutely sickening. People purporting to be Arsenal fans saying that Wenger is a massive legend and Adams should be grateful that Wenger saved his career. Fair play have a pop at his managerial record but that bloke went through more for this club than Wenger would in a hundred lifetimes.

Fucking pathetic.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Kvltman wrote:If Ivan really wants Wenger out he should bring this as part of his presentation at the board meeting after the cup final.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... years.html

In all seriousness, reading the article, it could have been taken from any season over the last 6 or 7 years or maybe longer.
I think the fact that the manager will be attending this "board meeting" tells you everything you need to know about its tone and purpose.

augie

Post by augie »

So that's it now is it ? We are now shelving all talk of ousting wenger, and instead are focusing on something that might never happen :roll: This is a fcuking thread about wenker. Right now, a mere 12 days before the end of his current contract, removing wenker should be the ONLY subject discussed on this thread :banghead: There are many intelligent people on this forum who are allowing themselves to be so easily distracted from the main issue at the club right now, and that shocks me tbh. Right now, in the team hotel wenker is probably pissing himself laughing at how this whole saga has taken the spotlight completely off him - hope that all those wenker cock suckers are delighted with themselves right now :suicide:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Not sure if this has been posted yet in full:

http://dailycannon.com/2017/05/kroenke- ... v-circles/

And i'll be honest i couldn't get past the first few sentences before my bile started to rise :puke:

If he wants to make Arsenal a 'Force in Europe' surely he can't believe he'll do that with AW at the helm :?

The evidence of his first 6 seasons as Owner surely prove OGL does not have the ability or wherewithal to do so :roll: but all speculation seems to point to him getting a new contract

armchair

Post by armchair »

augie wrote:So that's it now is it ? We are now shelving all talk of ousting wenger, and instead are focusing on something that might never happen :roll: This is a fcuking thread about wenker. Right now, a mere 12 days before the end of his current contract, removing wenker should be the ONLY subject discussed on this thread :banghead: There are many intelligent people on this forum who are allowing themselves to be so easily distracted from the main issue at the club right now, and that shocks me tbh. Right now, in the team hotel wenker is probably pissing himself laughing at how this whole saga has taken the spotlight completely off him - hope that all those wenker cock suckers are delighted with themselves right now :suicide:
Yep. Wenger and his supporters are loving this. All the heat being taken completely away from him.
I just hope that the apparent wrangling and politicing behind the scenes has gone too far now.

I really hope that this bid hasn't scuppered or put on hold any efforts by Gazidis to move against him.