THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Redarmy »

MR 30 years has spoken.....and its a Gem....... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Arsene Wenger believes the soon-to-expire contracts of Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and others is "an ideal situation" for Arsenal.

Sean

Post by Sean »

I hope this big bastard thread is re-pinned for the new season. I have a bet on this thread reaching 12,000 pages by the time TOF leaves the club (and his mortal coil) in the 2040s 8)

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:43 pm
MR 30 years has spoken.....and its a Gem....... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Arsene Wenger believes the soon-to-expire contracts of Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and others is "an ideal situation" for Arsenal.
ARSENE WENGER is ready to write off up to £125million of talent by letting the likes of Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil leave for NOTHING – and incredibly insists it is an “ideal situation”.

And posters on here asking why he's a fraud of a manager???????

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

No other manager in world football is this detached from reality. I don't know how but after all these years he still manages to make my mind boggle.....

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Doesn't matter anymore

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:07 am
No other manager in world football is this detached from reality. I don't know how but after all these years he still manages to make my mind boggle.....
If only the journalists or interviewer laughed out loud, instead of probably doing a nodding dog impression leaving Wenker thinking that he truly is such a wise old sage :banghead: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The guys Looney Toons end of.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:12 pm
The guys Looney Toons end of.
Said it months ago i sincerely believe he is not mentally right.....putting it mildly....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:46 am
Redarmy wrote:

ARSENE WENGER is ready to write off up to £125million of talent by letting the likes of Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil leave for NOTHING – and incredibly insists it is an “ideal situation”.

And posters on here asking why he's a fraud of a manager???????
I think you will find it's not "posters", plural... :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:

It's a truly bizarre piece of propaganda... our two best players by a country mile, and a young player who will go on to deliver so much more under a new manager, just walking away... ideal.... :lol: :oops:

I often wonder does Wenger's oft-mooted "economics degree" have the words "Lidl" or "Tesco" written on it somewhere... :rubchin: :roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:19 am
Redarmy wrote:

It's a truly bizarre piece of propaganda... our two best players by a country mile, and a young player who will go on to deliver so much more under a new manager, just walking away... ideal.... :lol: :oops:

I often wonder does Wenger's oft-mooted "economics degree" have the words "Lidl" or "Tesco" written on it somewhere... :rubchin: :roll:
Poundsaver would be my bet. Saves pounds, squanders millions does our lovable,avuncular old pensioner.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

From December 2014 now conveniently forgotten....

Arsene Wenger: I will win Premier League title with Arsenal again inside three years

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

There are so many quotes out there that her has never come through on and yet the media never ever pull him up on any of them... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:16 pm
There are so many quotes out there that her has never come through on and yet the media never ever pull him up on any of them... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Yep it's why I have basically not listened to what the old fraud has said for at least 5 years, probably more like 7 or 8.

Would love the press to ask him about Kroenke's blood sports TV channel but he will just give it the "no comment" or something along those lines, if he was genuine he would say he does not agree with it and thinks Kroenke should drop it but who is his paymaster?, f*cking company man that is Wenger, he doesn't 'love' Arsenal as much as he loves his ridiculous salary.

He's pretty much destroyed all his good work in the Highbury years now:

* No title for 13 years
* No European trophy ever
* Full circle on being miles ahead of Spurs, now falling behind them
* New stadium has made no "real terms" difference to our competitveness
* Terrible matchday atmosphere at silly price
* Complicit with Kroenke in making Arsenal basically an investment to make money

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Herd

Post by Herd »

It would appear that far from being weakened by last seasons upheavals ,Wengers power has never been greater !
His comments on the Sanchez affair are robust to say the least ,and whilst this might well be a yet another Huge Bluff to get City to pay 80m + plus it would appear that he is going top make him play out his contract unless the price is right whereas in the past Gazidis has pulled the rug from under Wenger by cashing in !